Metal Storm logo
Ruins - Australian BM, mp3

04.01.2007 - 18:25
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Ruins, one of Australia's more recent Black Metal band that has been supporting bands on their Aussie tours this past year with the likes of Satyricon and Nevermore to name a few. This duo featuring Alex Pope on Vocals/guitars and Dave Haley (of Psycroptic fame) on drums, and have so far made two releases; an EP - "Atom And Time" and a full length - "Spun Forth As Dark Nets", with recording and production on a third set to be released in 2007.

The bands works are well produced black metal, with a bit of technical drumming thrown in thanks to Dave's influence of his style. I ablsolutely love the style of the vocals, they have a strong power behind them which Alex pulls of live just as good. Im quite a big fan and im really looking forward to the new album.

A track can be downloaded at their site
http://www.ruinsband.com/index.php?page=downloads
----

Hellcunt Smurf
06.01.2007 - 02:24
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Not bad at all, but not really anything special. I love the drums, but the vocals aren't that special to me. I think I prefer them a bit more 'raw', or at least a bit different. This is kinda average.

That's only my opinion, of course.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
06.01.2007 - 09:48
Hyvaarin
Saw them supporting Satyricon and I loved them. Some of the most brutal live drumming I've ever heard.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
07.06.2007 - 18:53
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
REVIVE!!!

They've been playing a few shows lately, and with that been adding some new tracks to their live preformance set. Sounds pretty good too, reminds me a little of Satyicon, but they still stand out as their own band.

Supporting Celtic Frost in Melbourne too for Aussie fans. SUPPORT!!
----

Hellcunt Smurf
07.06.2007 - 23:27
Deadsoulman
Elite
I got the promo of the album somewhere... I like it, it's just accessible enough for someone who's not a devoted BM fan but at the same time it's still brutal and not cheesy. The songs are good and all.

I know I got interested in this band because it had two members of The Amenta, which is an Australian band I like a lot I also found the album title was pretty cool (yeah i'm a superficial person).
09.06.2007 - 09:35
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Deadsoulman on 07.06.2007 at 23:27

I got the promo of the album somewhere... I like it, it's just accessible enough for someone who's not a devoted BM fan but at the same time it's still brutal and not cheesy. The songs are good and all.

How'd you get a copy of the promo?!
Written by Deadsoulman on 07.06.2007 at 23:27

I know I got interested in this band because it had two members of The Amenta, which is an Australian band I like a lot I also found the album title was pretty cool (yeah i'm a superficial person).

Haha, I kow those guys, the Haley borthers. Their dad (one of my old high school teachers) lent me a copy of the promo because they knew I was a fan Psyroptic. Had to give it back though.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
08.01.2009 - 05:07
..ExoTeaR..
Agreed! Drumming is sick live but me being a guitarist i'd have to say kudos to the sound crew < i saw them open for immortal and everything was spot on < it was like listening to the album with a touch more clarity but with bass a vibrations traveling through me allmost tearing me a new arsehole < excellent stuff.
----
[-0-] Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
08.01.2009 - 16:20
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I agree with Lucas. Been listening to them the past few days and they do their sound very well but it's all a bit too listenable and clinical for my taste. They need to take a few more risks in their sound. Regardless I know a lot of people who've been putting 'Cauldron' as their album of the year so they must be doing something right.