Metal Storm logo
Irish Metalstormers

05.01.2007 - 20:14
RavenLord
Well, I don't know if there's much point in making this thread, but anyway... ¬_¬

This is for all Metalstormers from or claiming allegiance to the fair Emerald Isle, home of Guiness, Cruachan, Leprechuans and...umm...:shit:

I heartily recommend that any Metalstormers from North or South of the border check out (and sign up to) Metal Ireland; possibly the most accurate source for gig dates and news regarding the Irish metal scene, which is quite healthy, being headed by such bands as Primordial, Mass Extinction and the aforementioned Cruachan. There are several festivals in Ireland, including the Day of Darkness festival in Co. Laois, the Sligo Whiplash festival and the Mysterious Wounds festival in Dublin City Centre (which last year played host to Ensiferum, Primal Fear and Sodom).

Feel free to discuss anything about metal in Ireland here. If you're not Irish, sod off.
----
05.01.2007 - 20:46
Ernis
狼獾
I remember creating this thread once but it got deleted and the explanation was "What would be the point of this thread" or sth....
I can't wait to get Cruachan's new album(this time I'm buying the bloody original) and well yeah...I'll try to search some Mael Mordha's stuff as well.....

Yeh...Guinness is fine....better than some popular ales here......
05.01.2007 - 21:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ernis on 05.01.2007 at 20:46

I remember creating this thread once but it got deleted and the explanation was "What would be the point of this thread" or sth....
I can't wait to get Cruachan's new album(this time I'm buying the bloody original) and well yeah...I'll try to search some Mael Mordha's stuff as well.....

Yeh...Guinness is fine....better than some popular ales here......

Hahha Guinness are fine but best are in Dublin and Lifey river
From that river thay take watter for Guinness
i hope here hear soem rebelion songs about lost part of land and some Irish drinking songs
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.01.2007 - 22:30
wrathchild
Staff
Written by Ernis on 05.01.2007 at 20:46

Just so that everyone knows, it was deleted because you're not Irish.

I may have to search for a job in Ireland, probably Dublin. I'm not really excited about that, but it could be a good experience to live.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
06.01.2007 - 14:19
RavenLord
Written by wrathchild on 05.01.2007 at 22:30

I may have to search for a job in Ireland, probably Dublin. I'm not really excited about that, but it could be a good experience to live.

Dublin's great if you're a tourist, but it's hell to live there. Just be prepared to cough up a lot of money if you want accomodation anywhere near the city itself.

Also, I updated the events listing for Ireland to include the new and up-coming 'Full Metal Racket' festival. You can see the line-up and more information here. This festival (for one day only, starting at 2 P.M. on Sunday 25th March in a bar in Belfast) is fully composed of bands from the local Irish scene, with Celtic (Waylander), Heavy (Old Season) and Thrash (Mass Extinction) being the main genres represented. Anyone who will be in Belfast around this time should try and get to this, as both Old Season and Mass Extinction are damn good local metal bands, and it will be great craic overall.
----
07.01.2007 - 07:18
SilentScream
Blasphemer
I was in Northern Ireland in December. Must admit I didn't find much in the way of metalheads in Belfast. Not too many self-respecting metalheads anyway.

Nice country though.
07.01.2007 - 15:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by SilentScream on 07.01.2007 at 07:18

. Not too many self-respecting metalheads anyway.

Nice country though.

What did tou mena by this well you know 60-80ties are gone man
----

apos;'
[image]
08.01.2007 - 00:35
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Written by Bad English on 07.01.2007 at 15:28

Nice country though.

I meant REAL long-haird metalheads. Not the kind that have Maiden shirts and that have ''semi long'' hair.
I'm talking about those people that have long-ass hair, jean jackets and just have an old school metal look to them.

Only saw about one of them. Kudos to him, whoever he is.
08.01.2007 - 00:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by SilentScream on 08.01.2007 at 00:35

Nice country though.

I meant REAL long-haird metalheads. Not the kind that have Maiden shirts and that have ''semi long'' hair.
I'm talking about those people that have long-ass hair, jean jackets and just have an old school metal look to them.

Thats why i mention 80ties are ower man, go to France, Germany and so, BTW i saw fiew real metalheads whit boots and letter jackets in Sweden to, so man about UK I dunno but its like new kids are afraid of growing hair IMO, I dont know but in other part of Europe are more long haired man, but here same
----

apos;'
[image]
08.01.2007 - 19:14
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Written by Bad English on 08.01.2007 at 00:40

Written by SilentScream on 08.01.2007 at 00:35

Nice country though.

Thats why i mention 80ties are ower man, go to France, Germany and so, BTW i saw fiew real metalheads whit boots and letter jackets in Sweden to, so man about UK I dunno but its like new kids are afraid of growing hair IMO, I dont know but in other part of Europe are more long haired man, but here same

Nah, I don't think it has to do with the 80's being over. Over here in Québec there are a whole bunch of metalheads of the like. It isnt a rarety over here anyway!
08.01.2007 - 20:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
@SilentScream - It is in 80ties all fasion, life style wa slike that now only real Metalheads sacrifiece
----

apos;'
[image]
21.01.2007 - 18:57
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Written by Bad English on 08.01.2007 at 20:06

@SilentScream - It is in 80ties all fasion, life style wa slike that now only real Metalheads sacrifiece

''now only real Metalheads sacrifice''. I like that idea!
21.01.2007 - 20:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by SilentScream on 21.01.2007 at 18:57

Written by Bad English on 08.01.2007 at 20:06

''now only real Metalheads sacrifice''. I like that idea!

Thank's man I agree
----

apos;'
[image]
01.02.2007 - 20:15
Bob The Bastard
Account deleted
Howrya lads. I just stumbled upon this site a while ago, and said I'd join up. Seems to have alot in the ways of reviews and stuff. I'm Irish too.

Oh yes, oh yes.
01.02.2007 - 23:13
Ernis
狼獾
Griogaimis Wrath! Bob....s mor an truaí go fuathaíonn tú do theanga.....Ta Gaeilge uafasach'am ach s'maith liom an teanga-seo beagainin.....

Let's irritate Wrath...I know you always love it.....Bob....sad that you dislike your language.....My Irish is awful but at least I like it....and I try to improve it....always.....
17.03.2007 - 13:48
Valentin B
Iconoclast
oi! happy st. patrick's day!
17.03.2007 - 14:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Yeah drink whisky and enjoy St. Patrics day
----

apos;'
[image]
19.03.2007 - 01:55
buki of steel
Crystal Ann
Written by Valentin B on 17.03.2007 at 13:48

oi! happy st. patrick's day!

yeah,with little delay
19.03.2007 - 02:29
Ernis
狼獾
Eventually non-irish people are more active here....merry St. Patrick's....with a delay....but who gives a shite anyhow....
19.03.2007 - 11:21
Valentin B
Iconoclast
well, maybe since there's only one guy from ireland who logs on frequently(ravenlord)
19.03.2007 - 11:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Valentin B on 19.03.2007 at 11:21

well, maybe since there's only one guy from ireland who logs on frequently(ravenlord)

here also was one girl from Irland and she had soem 30 posts but I forgot her name, but remeber how she locks
----

apos;'
[image]
19.03.2007 - 13:17
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Dudes! You guys have thé coolest annual country feast day ever! I don't think there is any other country feast day that is celebrated so enthusiastically world wide... I even enjoy your feast day more than my country's national feast day (which I don't even celebrate)

I really had a great time Saturday at the local Irish Pub (Thomas Stapelton's Irish Pub, Leuven, BEL). I had a couple of Guinness's and a few (read: a lot of) pints of Stella Artois.
Also the live music and of course the atmosphere were awesome.

Just wanted to let it know you can be proud to be Irish

Your non-Irish friend and fanatic St. Paddy's Day celebrator, Thryce
----
Your favorite band sucks.
25.12.2007 - 00:05
Ernis
狼獾
NOLLAIG SHONA! Merry xmas all of you....
16.12.2009 - 00:57
the prisoner
Not much action in the Irish thread for some time, thought i better leave a message, to try and kick it off again
16.12.2009 - 11:22
Ernis
狼獾
Written by the prisoner on 16.12.2009 at 00:57

Not much action in the Irish thread for some time, thought i better leave a message, to try and kick it off again

Ceart go leor...nil moran duine anseo ach go raibh maith'ad...ta suil am go mbeidh an dtus nua sa thread seo...
Thanks a lot för the enthousiasm...guess lottsa people forgot the thread but, then again, there ain't many Irish people here anyhow, let alone Irish speakers...
17.12.2009 - 13:59
the prisoner
Written by Ernis on 16.12.2009 at 11:22

Written by the prisoner on 16.12.2009 at 00:57

Ceart go leor...nil moran duine anseo ach go raibh maith'ad...ta suil am go mbeidh an dtus nua sa thread seo...
Thanks a lot för the enthousiasm...guess lottsa people forgot the thread but, then again, there ain't many Irish people here anyhow, let alone Irish speakers...

Only found this thread the last day, as for speaking Irish language, I can understand it but speaking it is a different story.
17.12.2009 - 15:41
Ernis
狼獾
Written by the prisoner on 17.12.2009 at 13:59

Only found this thread the last day, as for speaking Irish language, I can understand it but speaking it is a different story.

Vice versa for me...I may dig written text but listening is another story especially due to it being a foreign language for most speakers which brings in the accent....
23.12.2009 - 19:47
the prisoner
Written by Ernis on 17.12.2009 at 15:41

Written by the prisoner on 17.12.2009 at 13:59

Vice versa for me...I may dig written text but listening is another story especially due to it being a foreign language for most speakers which brings in the accent....

The accent can be a problem for a lot of people, and the thing with Irish is that certain words and phrases are only used in certain parts of Ireland. So say for example you live in the south, some words will be different or wont be used at all in the north or in the west that are used in the south.
23.12.2009 - 23:14
Ernis
狼獾
Written by the prisoner on 23.12.2009 at 19:47

The accent can be a problem for a lot of people, and the thing with Irish is that certain words and phrases are only used in certain parts of Ireland. So say for example you live in the south, some words will be different or wont be used at all in the north or in the west that are used in the south.

Sea...
I've learnt the Irish of the Connaught region and well...me Irish friend doesn't understand anything I tell him....on the other hand, I don't understand what he says...so we better use English in the end...
24.12.2009 - 18:55
the prisoner
Written by Ernis on 23.12.2009 at 23:14

Written by the prisoner on 23.12.2009 at 19:47

Sea...
I've learnt the Irish of the Connaught region and well...me Irish friend doesn't understand anything I tell him....on the other hand, I don't understand what he says...so we better use English in the end...

Its strange how every region has there own swing on the language not to mention each regions accent. Its hard enough understanding what there saying without them using different phrases and words. Even within counties, the different areas within the county will have there own accent and there on take on certain words. So this makes it harder again.