Metal Storm logo
Epica - 'Retrospect' Production Error

The production errors seem to be chasing Epica. After a problem with their last album where the vocals were missing on the last track "Serenade Of Self-Destruction", the band has been informed that there has been a production error on their newly released Retrospect DVD/Blu-ray. On a small part of the Blu-ray pressing, an incorrect disk was put in the final packaging. There is also an error on disk two of some of the DVD pressings, where the outro is missing.

The band released this statement about it: "This weekend was the release of our long-awaited DVD and Blu-ray, Retrospect. We had an awesome time presenting it to the fans through the live premiers in several movie theaters around the world. Unfortunately over the weekend the news reached us that on a small part (a mere 50 to 100 copies total) of the Blu-ray pressing an incorrect disk was put in the final packaging. There is also an error on disk 2 of some (non Blu-ray) of the DVD pressings, where the outro is missing.

This comes to us as a terrible blow. After the misfortune with Requiem For The Indifferent we made absolutely sure that this product would be 100% in order. Therefore we personally checked the final master several times until it was perfect. However, somewhere in the final stage, when it was beyond our control, something went wrong.

If you face either of these problems please contact Nuclear Blast at: customerservice@nuclearblast.de. They will be able to help you further. We want to let you know that we currently are doing everything to right these wrongs. As soon as we have a further update on this we will let you know. Sincerely, Epica."

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Epica
Posted: 12.11.2013 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 240 users
12.11.2013 - 16:44
Rulatore
At first, I thought they were upset about the lights
12.11.2013 - 16:53
Nemo Atkins
That's unlucky. Part of the reason I've still not purchased their last album is because I didn't want to pick up a copy with the error (not to mention my computer probably wouldn't be able to handle the download for the corrected track), so seeing this happen again less than two years later is pretty unfortunate, especially considering they took the time to try to avoid it happening again and the fault came from something outside of the band's control!
12.11.2013 - 17:06
Constantine
Damn that's ugly cover.
12.11.2013 - 18:01
athena
DERP!!!!
12.11.2013 - 19:05
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
The Wintersun Syndrome.
12.11.2013 - 19:20
Byners
Good thing my fiancée isn't to much into live DVDs AHAHAH
----
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
12.11.2013 - 20:54
MHOE
Written by Rulatore on 12.11.2013 at 16:44

+1
12.11.2013 - 21:09
angel.
Evil Butterfly
As they're too busy with simone's fashions and make up instead of improving her fucking vocals, it's clear they make such mistakes.

Written by athena on 12.11.2013 at 18:01

DERP!!!!

+1
----
The Fangirl.
12.11.2013 - 23:34
PocketMetal
Written by angel. on 12.11.2013 at 21:09

As they're too busy with simone's fashions and make up instead of improving her fucking vocals, it's clear they make such mistakes.

oh come on , now you're not making any sense. it was an accident and has got nothing to do with the band. if anyone's busy about make-ups it's Simone herself and she has never been the main focus of Epica. although you would think she is busy with her new-born baby ... which she probably is.
13.11.2013 - 02:41
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Nemo Atkins on 12.11.2013 at 16:53

That's unlucky. Part of the reason I've still not purchased their last album is because I didn't want to pick up a copy with the error (not to mention my computer probably wouldn't be able to handle the download for the corrected track),

The vocaless version is probably better, no Mark Jansen. The choir vocals are still there, it's just the lead vocals missing. If all versions of the album had that same error I don't think anyone would have noticed.

Maybe they're cursed.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
13.11.2013 - 07:50
Monolithic
♠♠♠
Believe me, DVD and blu-ray duplication is a delicate process and one simple mistake can cause so much trouble. I used to work for a DVD duplicating factory as an apprentice and they had to change the master media 5 times, resulting in 200 wasted samples. At least the label OR the band is doing something about it because they know they can't expect their customers to be sitting ducks.
13.11.2013 - 17:01
Jiri
Quote:
The vocaless version is probably better, no Mark Jansen. The choir vocals are still there, it's just the lead vocals missing. If all versions of the album had that same error I don't think anyone would have noticed.

Maybe they're cursed.

Agreed. Imo, the vocaless version of that song was the best song they have ever produced... by far. Cheers to them for that error!
14.11.2013 - 12:21
The Warrior
Account deleted
Written by Rulatore on 12.11.2013 at 16:44

The lights are so bad in this DVD .. we couldn't even see the band or anything on stage clearly
That's bothered me a lot
17.11.2013 - 03:18
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Written by Jiri on 13.11.2013 at 17:01

Agreed. Imo, the vocaless version of that song was the best song they have ever produced... by far. Cheers to them for that error!

So true. There is one thing I'd do with Simone and that doesn't involve her voice.
----
17.11.2013 - 06:22
Jiri
Quote:
So true. There is one thing I'd do with Simone and that doesn't involve her voice.

LMFAO
18.11.2013 - 03:42
HyperDrifter
Wow a lot of people bashing on Epica here

I for one really enjoyed it despite this error. I had a defective DVD with the outro missing, although from what I've heard from the CD version it's not a big loss.

Glad to see they're going to do something about it like they did with Serenade of Self Destruction.

Hits total: 6041 | This month: 7