Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - New Video, More Album Details Revealed

Here it is. After four years, you can hear new music from Polish death metal band Behemoth. The new video for the highly anticipated new single Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel was revealed and you can enjoy it below. The video was produced by Grupa 13. According to the band, it is their most unsettling and unique work to date. Was it worth the wait?

Behemoth frontman Nergal discusses the video: "Yes, we took all the time in the world to complete this project. And we did everything that was humanely possible to accurately express our vision. We crossed the Rubicon. 'Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel' is an ecstatic manifest of our unrestrained artistic will, where we dare to reach out beyond the limitations of the heavy metal genre. And it's only the beginning... Enjoy!"

Additionally, Behemoth's long-awaited new album The Satanist is now available for pre-order. Pre-order bundles, include: CD, LP, t-shirt, as well as the deluxe box set, and are available at Behemoth's official webstore. The opus will be unleashed on February 3rd in the UK, February 4th in North America and Poland, February 5th in Japan, and February 7th in Europe and the rest of the world.

The Satanist deluxe box, which is available in North America as an European import, includes: CD/DVD digibook in silver mirror slipcase with a high quality 44 page booklet (with gold foil, UV gloss lamination), supersize poster flag (approx. 3.5' x 5'), wooden black inverted rosary cross, metal pin, black envelope with black communion wafers. The DVD Live Barbarossa includes a professionally filmed show in Ekaterinburg, Russia, as well as a 30-minute documentary about the creative process behind The Satanist. The album was produced by Behemoth, Wojtek and Slawek Wieslawscy and Daniel Bergstrand in Hertz Studio.

The Satanist tracklist:

01. Blow Your Trumpets Gabriel
02. Furor Divinus
03. Messe Noire
04. Ora Pro Nobis Lucifer
05. Amen
06. The Satanist
07. Ben Sahar
08. In The Absence Ov Light
09. O Father O Satan O Sun!

[Also thanks to HaaskAksaaH for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Behemoth
Posted: 04.12.2013 by MrClansman1

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 31   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 292 users
04.12.2013 - 12:45
Neroese
Account deleted
Nice cover art, and what about track - I didn't listen to their previous releases, but I think it's sounds a bit like Lucifer - with this doomy feeling and great choir!
04.12.2013 - 13:34
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Quote:
09. O Father O Satan O Money!

Fixed.
04.12.2013 - 14:51
theFIST
Wow, they managed to release the full video for the entire song
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
04.12.2013 - 14:58
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
That cover art is wonderful.
04.12.2013 - 15:04
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Indeed, very nice doomy feeling, and a bit ambient at points as well. If the whole album has this feel to it, I think I'm gonna like it a lot (doubt it will though). Video's great too, although the masks they're wearing remind me a bit too much of Terra Tenebrosa
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
04.12.2013 - 15:09
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Hey, isn't suppose to be Nergal's blood in new cover art?

or, I'm confused.
04.12.2013 - 15:28
Big-Al
BRÜTAL!!! really awesome!
----

I drink moosepiss
04.12.2013 - 16:06
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Great cover art, dreary cliche-ridden video. Song is nothing worth writing home about either. Still though, nice cover art.
04.12.2013 - 16:09
jsoft
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 04.12.2013 at 15:09

or, I'm confused.

It's the cover for the new single, not the album, i think...
04.12.2013 - 16:19
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
Written by jsoft on 04.12.2013 at 16:09

or, I'm confused.

It's the cover for the new single, not the album, i think...

No, it´s in the album cover alright. There are some spots of red in it, maybe that's it...
04.12.2013 - 16:37
Rulatore
The first part of the song, god, it's pretty pointless and boring
04.12.2013 - 16:48
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by Rulatore on 04.12.2013 at 16:37

Its a really good riff though, have it stuck in my head for awhile now.
04.12.2013 - 16:51
Gothmog_Motsham
Not bad of a song, very atmospheric...and the video is cool but it really reminds me of Terra Tenebrosa what's up with that
04.12.2013 - 17:25
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by LeKiwi on 04.12.2013 at 14:58
That cover art is wonderful.

Agreed, worthy of my desktop background.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
04.12.2013 - 18:13
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite

or, I'm confused.

They could've just mixed it in with the ink, just because you don't see red doesn't mean it's not still there
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
04.12.2013 - 18:20
Arcesse Eum
Very cool. I'm looking forward to this.
----
As above, so below.
04.12.2013 - 19:20
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by Auntie Sahar on 04.12.2013 at 18:13

or, I'm confused.

They could've just mixed it in with the ink, just because you don't see red doesn't mean it's not still there

Yea, I believe that's what they said they did.
04.12.2013 - 19:37
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
I don't give a shit about the cover. The song is decent, but much weaker than one could expect after so many years.
04.12.2013 - 19:44
Written by Rulatore on 04.12.2013 at 16:37

I agree with you on that. The whole song is atmospheric, no need for a super slow atmospheric intro. You can do that sort of stuff on more "Progressive" song, that lasts longer, but not on a 4:30 doomy song in my opinion.

That and also, it's not exactly what I was expecting from Behemoth. I really liked their "Demigod" era, this is becoming too doomy for my taste. I like Behemoth like I like my coffee, black and brutal !
04.12.2013 - 19:51
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Auntie Sahar on 04.12.2013 at 18:13

or, I'm confused.

Point taken.

I was actually looking for transparency shades(some sort of aesthetic touch) of blood in this art. Btw, its great artwork.
04.12.2013 - 20:06
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Cover art is awesome indeed. The song, not so much... pretty boring at first but it gets interesting at the end.
04.12.2013 - 22:43
dark_mar
As always their music has nothing to do with music:) and metal.
Show me much blod, sheeps, young girls (of course virgins) ...so we could sell this empty video for young people.
build on the emotions of young by the old guys ...good luck. empty band
05.12.2013 - 00:10
Machiavelli
Account deleted
I thought the editing on this video sucked. Too many scenes cut and interlaced. I would have liked to focus on some of those images more.
05.12.2013 - 07:03
Svneatr
Vitharr
Damn man, people can be so critical. I mean if you didn't like Behemoth before, you're not going to like them now.

Like the song, like the video, like the cover. I do, however, think this should be their last video with Grupa 13. His videos are great but it's time to move on. The themes are starting to blend together too much.
05.12.2013 - 07:05
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Pretty cool. That riff is badass and it has a good blend of classic Behemoth sound and new influence. Only complaint is the intro riff is a lil too long but its forgivable. As usual the artwork and imagery is amazing, very much looking forward to the new release!
----
pewpew.. gotcha
05.12.2013 - 08:53
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Great stuff, I'll need to check this one out.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
05.12.2013 - 11:49
mara
I don't like the video...they are putting too much in every new video and it doesn't make sense
05.12.2013 - 17:25
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Not bad. Video - clasic Behemoth (what can you expect, really?), song - the most surprising element, its very different from what they've been doing on the last 3 albums. I think this one brings back the feeling of Lucifer or Alas, Lord Is Upon Me a little bit. It is more doomy, ambient and atmospheric. I think we might be in for a new facet of Behemoth. I do hope though that the album has better tracks, this one tends to become monotonous after a couple of spins.
06.12.2013 - 23:02
bugsterscrow
Still sounds good like previous album....
15.12.2013 - 23:02
Hallford9000
The songs makes much more sense after reading the lyrics. It's about Nergal's return. Pretty intense stuff considering what he's been through.

Hits total: 5176 | This month: 9