Metal Storm logo
Dallas Toler-Wade - Nile Guitarist Launches Narcotic Wasteland

Dallas Toler-Wade, guitarist/vocalist of the death metal band Nile, has launched a new metal project called Narcotic Wasteland. Their debut album will be released in mid-January 2014 and will be available via the band's website as well as iTunes, Spotify, and Amazon. You just have to wait for the music now.

Narcotic Wasteland started as a side project Dallas had been working the past few years when he was not touring or in the writing/studio mode with Nile. "The more songs I completed for Narcotic Wasteland, the more I wanted to put a full band lineup together," said Dallas Toler-Wade.

Dallas asked long time friend Edwin Rhone (lead guitar/vocals) if he was interested, which he was. They both had played in some metal bands together in the early to mid 1990s. Edwin had later recommended Chris ("Lutachrist") Dupre for bass/vocals.

Album Cover

Dallas stated: "Chris came in and not only knew his parts, but owned them with lots of attitude. So the only thing left was finding a drummer. After trying out several drummers from all over the states over two years, my band mate in Nile, George Kollias, recommended Erik Schultek. Erik did not only nail the material, but fit very well to the style and sound of the music."

Updates on the exact album release date, CD/merchandise, and upcoming touring information can be viewed at the band's website as well as their Facebook page.

Narcotic Wasteland is:

Dallas Toler-Wade - guitar/vocals
Edwin Rhone - guitar/vocals
Chris Dupre - bass/vocals
Erik Schultek - drums

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Nile
Posted: 29.12.2013 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 87 users
29.12.2013 - 15:04
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Curious to hear this and see what style it's in. One would think death or thrash, given the band name and the aesthetic of the album cover, but you never know...
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
29.12.2013 - 17:09
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
"Guitarist Launches Narcotic Wasteland" I was expecting something else
29.12.2013 - 17:49
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Auntie Sahar on 29.12.2013 at 15:04

Curious to hear this and see what style it's in. One would think death or thrash, given the band name and the aesthetic of the album cover, but you never know...

Agreed. Very curious indeed. However, the artwork has me thinking either Grind or Crossover.

@Carl Berg Same here. I was expecting a record label.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

29.12.2013 - 19:07
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Carl Berg on 29.12.2013 at 17:09

Don't tell me you thought it was an actual "wasteland"?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
29.12.2013 - 19:10
Shaytaan666
Here's a brief clip of some drum cam footage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLjsNbS547M&feature=share
29.12.2013 - 22:05
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
Written by BloodTears on 29.12.2013 at 19:07

Written by Carl Berg on 29.12.2013 at 17:09

Don't tell me you thought it was an actual "wasteland"?

No but it sounded pretty metal
29.12.2013 - 22:46
Really look forward to this.

Hits total: 3360 | This month: 10