Metal Storm logo
Jackson Guitars

Original post

Posted by Soliloquy, 11.01.2007 - 15:59
wondering if jackson guitars are indeed THAT GOOD. reason why i ask is coz i bought this guitar on tuesday(today is thursday) that is a les paul with a floyd rose on. beautiful guitar, but since its a les paul, and i'm used to a strat, or similar guitars, i'm haveing a hard time fucking around with it. the rhythm is fine, but the solos are really slopy on em.

so i was thinking of returning the guitar(has to be before tuesday of next week!) and getting something else. i found a Jackson guitar, and i'm pretty sure it was a dinky(or could have been a soloist) guitar(but i could be wrong) and i was surprised coz the guitar was MUCH CHEAPER than i expected. the store was selling it for 500 canadian bucks.

now, i honestly dont know a whole lot about jackson guitars, other than how 'devine' they are, and how expensive they are....unless the dinky/soloist are supposedly jackson's cheaper make? like Fender made a stratocaster. you can find a fender for a 1000 bucks, or you can find a fender strat for 200 bucks.

but yeah, should i go for it? i cant remember which one it was, but it looked something like either:

the soloist(including the body art)

or the dinky(excluding the body art)

and the guitar i have now is this one:

19.10.2007 - 18:42
Tyrn_gorthad
Account deleted
true, some will say tones are different, like mahogany has more sustain, yet others say that can be achieved by adjusting you pups. i would just go for a something that is light and wont tear your shoudler off after a show.
19.10.2007 - 20:37
Soliloquy
well...mahagony isnt really as heavy as people make it sound. i mean, sure, les pauls are one of the heaviest types of guitars out there. and there is a massive chunk in the guitar that is made of mahagony...but there are tons of other guitars that are made of the same wood. for example:
PRS se guitars
Jackson bond rhoads
majority of dean guitars
parkers

and bunch of others, and if you grab a hold of em, you'd notice that they arent really as heavy as les pauls.

les pauls also have a thick maple cap that adds a LOT of weight! and maple isnt really found on too many guitars. if anything, just a quilt top here and there, but it isnt a 3/4th cap. so really, it doesnt change the weight too much
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
09.11.2007 - 00:05
Anon
Account deleted
I've got a Jackson (pre-Fender) KV2 King V Snakeskin finish and it's the nicest guitar I've ever played. I wouldn't trade it for ANY other guitar in the world, seriously. And it's not just that I'm all excited about it because I just got it, I've had it since September of last year, so a year and two months now.

As you said, Jacksons are expensive, but they're DEFINITELY worth it, 100%. Plus, the Canadian dollar is doing so well now that if you buy one from the US, you'll save a lot of money.
09.11.2007 - 00:28
Soliloquy
Written by Author on 09.11.2007 at 00:05

I've got a Jackson (pre-Fender) KV2 King V Snakeskin finish and it's the nicest guitar I've ever played. I wouldn't trade it for ANY other guitar in the world, seriously. And it's not just that I'm all excited about it because I just got it, I've had it since September of last year, so a year and two months now.

As you said, Jacksons are expensive, but they're DEFINITELY worth it, 100%. Plus, the Canadian dollar is doing so well now that if you buy one from the US, you'll save a lot of money.

you work at long n mcquade
you have a pre-fender jackson
you have a jackson
you have a poiny jackson

i'm envious of you dude!

what part of canada you comming from?
----

-Zakk Wylde
17.12.2007 - 09:19
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
just got meself a jackson king v x series today, seems pretty sweet from playing at shop, but once ive played with it for a while ill tell u what its like, though im pretty sure its freakin awesome!!!!
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
22.12.2007 - 08:11
Soliloquy
Written by BurbotsRevenge on 17.12.2007 at 09:19

just got meself a jackson king v x series today, seems pretty sweet from playing at shop, but once ive played with it for a while ill tell u what its like, though im pretty sure its freakin awesome!!!!

happy new guitar day dude
----

-Zakk Wylde
25.12.2007 - 13:42
Smurfophagist
Get yourself a Jackson KV1 guitar, you can't go wrong with that.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
27.12.2007 - 00:19
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
im loving my jackson at the moment, it sounds great, and its a dream to play... id definately recommend a jackson to everybody, however as always, if you're planning to cange tunings very often, maybe something else...
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains