Metal Storm logo
The Most Effective Of Quebec's Technical Death Metal Bands

Poll

Which One Represents The Genre More? (Yes...just these three)

Quo Vadis
Cryptopsy
Gorguts

Total votes: 124
15.01.2007 - 21:28
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Alright, so I have to do this project for a class. The project is a 16 page article in where I have to pick a music topic. I decided to do it on Quebec's technical death metal scene and chose three bands to talk about; Gorguts, Cryptopsy and Quo Vadis. Then the prof told us that we needed things like graphs and such. So, this poll is simply designed to get an online poll opinion. So, give me an opinion and please do the poll. Thanks a lot!
16.01.2007 - 01:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
My vote goes 100% to Quo Vadis

Well i dunno so good witch Canadian DM bands are from Quebeck but I vere realy like those what you mention, exept Quo Vadis, othera re to brutral, and to agresive, I prefere this one
Maybe early Cryptopsy first 2 albums but ist all
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.01.2007 - 05:31
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Quo Vadis is probably the more technical band out of those three there. Their guitar and bass lines are catchy and technical which make them enjoyable to listen to. The drums have alot of changes which ride along side well with the constant changing guitar riffs.

From what I've heard of Gorguts they weren't all that technical compared to the other two bands. And with Cryptopsy, as much as I prefer them over Quo Vadis, to me they focus more on being brutal than sololy on the technicality where Quo Vadis seem to play more technical death metal rather than anything else.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
16.01.2007 - 06:29
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Thanks a lot for posting. Remember to vote so that I can get a poll. Keep the posts coming, as well as on the other thread. I don't need them soon but in another few months. Just tell people to come and vote so that I can get everyone's vote on MS or else I can't use these for the project.
16.01.2007 - 09:45
Eternal Flames
I definitely think Quo Vadis represents the genre more. As most have already mentioned, Cryptopsy seem to focus more on brutality rather than technicality. As for Gorguts, I definitely think they are technical death metal, but like Cryptopsy, they also tend to focus more on brutality. Quo Vadis just seem more original and in my opinion, just represent the genre the best. Now, there are some other great Canadian technical death metal bands that would be more suitable for the poll, but I suppose, those were the bands you chose for your assignment, so I won't argue.
16.01.2007 - 18:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hey does Martyr dont counts herre, ebacsue I know album ''Hopeless Hopes'' and ''Warp Zone'' and IMO its quet technicxal metal ist not so pure Death, IMO ist techical
----

apos;'
[image]
16.01.2007 - 19:17
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Kariasakis7: I've decided to include Martyr because I realized that I had to talk about four bands as the project is significantly larger than I originally designed so yes...
17.01.2007 - 02:47
Eternal Flames
Oh damn, I think Martyr are definitely the best representation of technical death metal in Canada. But I'll just stick with Quo Vadis to make it less complicated for you.
17.01.2007 - 05:07
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I had never stand Quo Vadis or Gorguts (although I had listened almost nothing of this band), while I freaking love Cryptopsy, which is IMO te quintessencial technical death metal band... the best drummer of the genre, a superb, filthy guitar work and two amazing vocalists... their album "Whisper Supremacy" reaches perfection..
17.01.2007 - 09:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 17.01.2007 at 05:07

I had never stand Quo Vadis or Gorguts (although I had listened almost nothing of this band), while I freaking love Cryptopsy, which is IMO te quintessencial technical death metal band... the best drummer of the genre, a superb, filthy guitar work and two amazing vocalists... their album "Whisper Supremacy" reaches perfection..

Same I can say about Quo Vadis and I never can stand Cryptopsy
----

apos;'
[image]
17.01.2007 - 09:39
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Do you think everyone who posted on here could do the poll thing and also do the poll thing in the other poll I created? Thanks
17.01.2007 - 11:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 17.01.2007 at 09:39

Do you think everyone who posted on here could do the poll thing and also do the poll thing in the other poll I created? Thanks

what you mean by this
----

apos;'
[image]
17.01.2007 - 13:45
Vunts
I'll help out to speed things up: vote here and vote on his other poll
His other poll which i believe to be the right one, is situated here http://metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=4910
I helped!!

Oh yes, i forgot to mention who i voted for. I like Quo Vadis the most from this list. Some songs of Cryptopsy do rise to their level, but the overall picture still has a bright light shining on Quo Vadis.
17.01.2007 - 17:35
Southern Wind
Account deleted
anyway... Quo Vadis are indeed very technical but they're certainly better musucians than songwriters... I don't see that in Cryptopsy
17.01.2007 - 18:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 17.01.2007 at 17:35

anyway... Quo Vadis are indeed very technical but they're certainly better musucians than songwriters... I don't see that in Cryptopsy

I like early Quo Vadis lyrics better its lil poetical, but alst album hmm ist nots o poetical like fisrt two, bnut Cryptopsy postical
----

apos;'
[image]
17.01.2007 - 22:51
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Kar7: You probably already voted. I forgot that you need to actually vote yourself in order to see the results...
18.01.2007 - 00:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 17.01.2007 at 22:51

@Kar7: You probably already voted. I forgot that you need to actually vote yourself in order to see the results...

Yes I vote for Quo Vadis

Now I see

Cryptopsy 4
Quo Vadis 10
Gorguts 3
----

apos;'
[image]
18.01.2007 - 14:32
epip
Account deleted
Quo Vadis hands down. Though the other 2 are equally good. Why is Neuraxis not included here? haha
22.01.2007 - 21:21
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Common...there must be more than nineteen people that I can get to come in here and vote as well as give an opinion...
05.02.2007 - 06:45
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
The Best band here is Cryptosy without a doubt, but the band that suits the genre the best would have to be, Quo Vadis, cause Cryptopsy arnt all that Technical, they somewhat are, but not to the extent Quo Vadis are, and Gorguts arnt as technical as Quo Vadis.
03.03.2007 - 07:50
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I have been listening to cryptopsy for a long time and I like the band a lot. So I chose the band.I'll start listening to the other two bands as well now.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
10.06.2007 - 06:39
graywolf87
Account deleted
The best out of the 3 and the most technical death sound Quo Vadis takes my vote.
hope they hit New York soon looking forward to see them live.
10.06.2007 - 09:59
Aghahowa
For me too, I vote Quo Vadis.
I've seen them live, and Cryptopsy too. The difference is large on the technical point of vue (especially Bass).
10.06.2007 - 23:44
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Cryptopsy.
I dont know what it is, Quo Vadis and Gorguts are good but the fact that I really enjoy Cryptopsy is impressive considering Im generally not into brutal death metal, so the fact that they could break that generalization for me is cool.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
03.08.2007 - 07:07
Endoftherainbow
Quo Vadis without a doubt is the best representation of a Canadian Technical Death Metal band every song they have is just packed with technicality that even someone who is a complete idiot would realize that they are amazing musicians without any prior knowledge of the genre. Although I like Cryptopsy much better I don't think they are more effective because if you showed it to the same person who thought Quo Vadis were talented they would just think Cryptopsy is stupid noise and has no musical merit.
09.08.2007 - 23:42
Infurnace
All the three are brilliant bands, but personally I think Cryptopsy is the best one of those. I simply enjoy them the most. But on the other hand, Cryptopsy isn't that technical at times, so Quo Vadis really deserves this one. They are much more technical, overall.
04.12.2007 - 07:58
ArcanaHereticae
Cryptopsy for me, hands down... 100%. Flo Mounrier is too badass on drums.
----
The nectar ov Thy rage,
I taste from the cup ov fornication.
And woman by my side,
And scarlet is her skin.
She's eager to rise,
And so eager to please.
12.12.2007 - 08:13
nana.MD
Star-Queen
like the 3 bands but my vote goes to quo vadis...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
26.12.2007 - 17:05
Abattoir
Staff
Quo Vadis...as I think I said in one similar topic before ...
26.12.2007 - 20:33
Ascalon
Cryptopsy it also a great band .. but Quo Vadis ... ... " Open your eyes .. break the cycle " ... good song ... !
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)