Metal Storm logo
Backyard Babies

Original post

Posted by EddieGunner, 20.05.2006 - 17:13
anyone into this swedish band, i think they r verry good and Stockholm Syndrome is very awsome album,
still didn't get new album , Peaple like, People like, People like Us verry intresting name, so anyone
20.06.2006 - 19:30
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Well, it´s true that Finnish festival audience is always drunk. In other countries most people go to the festivals to listen to good bands, but in Finland people are there just to booze... I´ve been in Ankkarock every time for the last 4 years or so and this year there seem to be some good bands, better than ever before. COB, Backyard Babies, Opeth, Teräsbetoni... I can´t wait to get there.

I think I won´t get anywhere near the stage, but I know where the backstage entrance is so maybe I can sneak in...
----
You'll never walk alone.
21.06.2006 - 14:08
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
well, situation with festival ain't better here to, most of fans r dead drunk before the show starts,
i member when i was at IM show in Zagreb i saw some dude sleepin at stadium and he payed ticket just to sleep at place where madin plays damn

well i hope BB will come one day somewhere close to me
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
22.06.2006 - 16:13
Abortion
Account deleted
Backyard Babies rock! I can't wait to see 'em again in Ruisrock & Ankkarock. I have their new album 'People like people like people like us', but I haven't listen to it yet
22.06.2006 - 19:54
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
@Abortion
go and listen it's good one, but not better then Syndrome
and u will see them too damn
----
Erno Paasilinna
25.06.2006 - 18:09
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ Abortion I promise you´ll get your cd´s back tomorrow... Then you can start listening to "People like people like people like us". Can´t wait to see them in Ankkarock. But you´ll see them in Ruisrock too...I´m jealous...
----
You'll never walk alone.
26.06.2006 - 16:20
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
@Abortion
oh i see why u didn't listen CD yet
Ernotar is just in love with that CD
----
Erno Paasilinna
28.06.2006 - 14:22
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Now I don´t have the cd anymore... But I took a copy of it. Bad me, bad me... I´m against copying, but this one was just too good.

@ Abortion My prediction is that you won´t listen to that cd in the next couple of weeks. First you have to sleep after the cruise and then comes Tuska and Ruisrock...
----
You'll never walk alone.
29.06.2006 - 15:11
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
well copying CD's is bad thing to do, but sometimes u must do that

im sure guys from BB r not like fuckers from metallica
----
Erno Paasilinna
29.06.2006 - 20:33
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I think I´m gonna buy that cd later, when I have some more money. I want the lyrics too and BB is so good band that I don´t wanna "steal" from them. Because that´s what copying technically is. I just got 40 euros from my great aunt and I could use it to buy the cd, but I know she didn´t give the money for cd´s... But she doesn´t have to know...
----
You'll never walk alone.
30.06.2006 - 15:43
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
yeah why she need to know on what u spend your money, im sure guys form BB won't mind for few copyed CD's but only if stayed on few
here is big prblem with CD copying cause it's verry hard to find original cd's here, so when u wanna help to band and buy CD u can't , u msut buy CD from internet and that sometimes too expensive, not CD the post shipment
----
Erno Paasilinna
01.07.2006 - 00:03
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Copying of cd´s is getting bigger and bigger problem here too. People don´t appreciate bands and musicians and that sucks. It´s the same if someone would take money from me every time I get some, so that´s why I hate copied cd´s. I never buy them and never copy anything myself. I still have some old casettes left, so I taped the BB cd on one of them. That way I´m sure to buy the cd one day, as it´s extremely frustrating to rewind the casette all the time.
----
You'll never walk alone.
01.07.2006 - 15:47
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
he hee
well i have lots of cassets but i really don't member when was last time i listend some casste, i have about 250 cassetes from period when CD's were real raritet
but i don't have BB oncassets only on CD, one of it its copy CD:-[
----
Erno Paasilinna
02.07.2006 - 15:19
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I usually use the casettes to tape some good songs on the radio, as I can´t possibly afford to buy all cd´s because of one good song. And then my mum has saved all those casettes where we sing or talk something stupid when we were little with my sister. If only I found them, I´d burn them...

I heard that BB guys had been partying with GNR guys in Stockholm after GNR gig there. I wonder which Finnish bands go to the after party when GNR plays in Helsinki on Wednesday. I was offered a ticket to the after party with a very low price, but once again my age stopped me of going there...
----
You'll never walk alone.
02.07.2006 - 18:04
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
damn why must be age border there? that sux
but would you go to see GNR
----
Erno Paasilinna
02.07.2006 - 20:32
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I have a ticket to the gig, so I´ll definitely be there. 4 months and then I can go almost anywhere I like... Luckily BB plays in Tavastia quite often, so maybe I can see them there some day. I guess that after party would´ve been nice, but Axl is Axl, so he might as well not show up..
----
You'll never walk alone.
03.07.2006 - 15:03
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
he hee
axl nis asshole, im huge fan of GNR but hes asshole., he was arest in sweden after show

well what do u have first BB album,
----
Erno Paasilinna
03.07.2006 - 19:01
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I have the first BB album...also on cassette. I don´t like it as much as the two other albums. It´s just too different. Maybe if I had listened to it first and then "Stocholm Syndrome", I would like it more. But I got it at the same time with "People like peole like peole like us".

I heard about Axl´s arrest. He had bitten someone. I hope he behaves in Helsinki. Last time GNR had a gig in Helsinki, Axl left the stage for half an hour, as he just wasn´t in the right mood...
----
You'll never walk alone.
04.07.2006 - 16:17
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Axl is great singer but hes asshole

well i BB have 4 albums if im not wrong, first one wich i don't member name, Making Enemies is Good, Syndrome and people like... is that it
----
Erno Paasilinna
05.07.2006 - 13:55
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Well, I have 3 albums (2 of them on cassette ) The first one is "Total 13". I hadn´t heard about "Making Enemies is Good" before. But I think BB has published at least one live album...
----
You'll never walk alone.
05.07.2006 - 14:18
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
yeah i think they did published one live, but i don't have it :/
----
Erno Paasilinna
06.07.2006 - 15:11
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I don´t have the live album aither. I just don´t like live albums very much, as the songs sound better on the actual album or when one hears them live near the stage.
----
You'll never walk alone.
07.07.2006 - 01:15
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
well im gona try somehow to find live album or maybe to download it
lives albums r always weak, i prefer bootlegs
----
Erno Paasilinna
08.08.2006 - 13:22
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Backyard Babies in Ankkarock...that was a hell of a gig! They were just amazing! The atmosphere in the audience was great, everyone was having fun and BB seemed to enjoy too. It was a hot day and they were sweating, but so were we in the crowd. Luckily the organizers were sprinkling water on us. Dregen, the guitarist looked like he was either drunk or just tired... First he hit his head against the mike, then he fell the mike and at last he threw it off the stage.

The bass player, threw a can of beer in the audience and a boy, not more than 7 years old caught it. His dad was like "Voi Vittu!"

They played only one song from Stockholm Syndrome, which was a bit of a dissapointment to me. The new songs were on the main roll. We heard "People like people like people like us", "Cockblocker blues", "Blitzkrieg loveshock", "Making enemies is good" and several other songs, but I just can´t get in my mind which ones.

All in all, they rocked! I hope they come back soon.
----
You'll never walk alone.
08.08.2006 - 16:25
Little Death
Cookie Monster
Backyard Babies played very well in Ankkarock. I knew about 3 songs they played, because I haven't listen to the new album. They played only "Minus Celsius" from Stockholm Syndrome.
----
Come to the dark side, we have cookies.
08.08.2006 - 16:44
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
woah looks like it was hell of a show
@Little Death
well Minus Celsius is verry known song form the syndrome album and proly that reason why they played only that one,
@Ernotar
who was better Amorphis or BB at Ankkarock festival
----
Erno Paasilinna
08.08.2006 - 20:49
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I think Backyard Babies was better. Amorphis played well, but they weren´t so prepared to the gig, as they flew to Finland just hours before. They were supposed to play on Sunday, but now they played already on Saturday. And there were also some stupid idiots in the audience, who kept yelling "Rasmus" through the whole gig. They should´ve been glad that Amorphis was so kind to step in. But they were both good.
----
You'll never walk alone.
28.10.2007 - 03:20
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
i jsut heard some old song of BB and must post again here jsut to keep topic alive......
----
Erno Paasilinna
28.10.2007 - 04:12
Eternal Flames
Along with The Hellacopters, the Backyard Babies are probably one of my favourite rock bands. I really liked "Total 13" and "Stockholm Syndrome". Those two were their best albums in my opinion. Although I haven't heard the new album yet and I've only heard bits and pieces from their debut album. I still haven't had the chance to see them live though, which I'd really love to.
22.04.2008 - 01:43
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
wtf none cares for BB anymore, and damn i didn't heard anything about band lately

are they still together ?????
----
Erno Paasilinna
24.04.2008 - 19:44
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Yes, they're still together. They announced new Swedish tour dates just today and some UK gigs earlier. I hope they'll do some gigs in Finland in the summer.
----
You'll never walk alone.