Metal Storm logo
Septicflesh - Debut New Song, More Album Details

The day Septicflesh fans have been waiting for finally arrived. Today you get to hear new material from the band's new album Titan. After three years since the last album The Great Mass, the first new song the band unveils is called "Order Of Dracul". Go ahead and satisfy your curiosity. How is this new single sounding to you? Does it raise your expectations for the rest of the album?

The band collaborated once again with the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra and a children choir as well as a full choir. Titan hits stores in North America on June 24th via Prosthetic Records and June 20th in Europe on Season Of Mist.

Pre-orders are on here and over here.

Single Artwork

Album cover

Tracks:

01. War In Heaven
02. Burn
03. Order Of Dracul
04. Prototype
05. Dogma
06. Prometheus
07. Titan
08. Confessions Of A Serial Killer
09. Ground Zero
10. The First Immortal

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Septicflesh
Posted: 15.04.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 57   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 360 users
15.04.2014 - 18:54
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Brb. Need to change pants
15.04.2014 - 18:56
Gothmog_Motsham
I don't understand how the single artwork is much better than the actual album cover...Anyway great song, so chaotic and the violin part reminds me of the band "Silent Stream of Godless Elegy". Great stuff!
15.04.2014 - 19:47
I like the album cover! it´s pure art !.The lamb on the floor symbolism the humanity and the guy at the back the titan aka God
15.04.2014 - 19:55
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Typical Seth Siro Anton artworks. Take a bunch of pre-made images and photos, cobble them together with cheap photoshop filters, somehow impress 95% of people that see them. Fairly sure these are worse and lazier than his usual stuff, but then I think that whenever I see something "new" from him.
15.04.2014 - 20:00
Dargor
I don't like the cover "art", but I looooooooove that song.
15.04.2014 - 20:03
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Logo > music > cover art.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.04.2014 - 20:39
Constantine
That was rather weak piece compared to the previous work. Nothing special imo. My pants are not wet.
CyberSymphony
Ollie
Album cover is pretty meh very similar to the previous one, though song is really decent. Looking forward to the album.
Lit.
Account deleted
God, that cover art is just as awful as the song and everything else about this band.
15.04.2014 - 20:59
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
The album art really prevents me from buying their music even though I enjoy them
----
loves 小巫
15.04.2014 - 21:03
Rulatore
I hope this one is better than their last one, at least. Who knows if better than Communion (don't care about their early stuff )
15.04.2014 - 21:04
Sean 79
Really liked the song. Couldn't give a flying fuck about the artwork.
15.04.2014 - 21:52
God Alone
Yea 'twas nice. Nothin too great.
15.04.2014 - 22:17
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Sean 79 on 15.04.2014 at 21:04

Really liked the song. Couldn't give a flying fuck about the artwork.

Well said, mate.

Edit: Nothing to go crazy over, but a good song.
15.04.2014 - 22:21
Written by Ag Fox on 15.04.2014 at 20:59

The album art really prevents me from buying their music even though I enjoy them

the EP art is way better, but I bought music in order to hear it, not to look the cover art , so your comment is really stupid
15.04.2014 - 22:29
Sean 79
Written by MaiSweettShaadow on 15.04.2014 at 22:21

the EP art is way better, but I bought music in order to hear it, not to look the cover art , so your comment is really stupid

Agreed. Anyone who doesn't buy an album because they don't like the artwork is an idiot!
15.04.2014 - 22:34
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Elite
Written by MaiSweettShaadow on 15.04.2014 at 22:21

Thanks for calling me stupid. Each individual buyer is different, and I am of the type that when I do buy, I don't even play the disc. I buy merely for collecting purposes because I've already heard the music beforehand. If it has good artwork to go with great music, I would be significantly more inclined to buy it.

I am aware of the phrase "Don't judge a book by its cover", but the fact is, album artwork does play an influence in affecting my evaluation of the music, because to me, it's part of the whole package.
----
loves 小巫
15.04.2014 - 23:13
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Not sure how I feel about this song yet...

On one hand there are some really kick ass parts - the symphonic interludes, the breakdown and epic chorus. But on the other hand it's a bit chaotic and kind of generic, the chorus almost sounds too familiar. Hopefully this will be one of the weaker tracks of the album..

Is it too much to ask for another Communion?

Written by Guest on 15.04.2014 at 19:55

Typical Seth Siro Anton artworks. Take a bunch of pre-made images and photos, cobble them together with cheap photoshop filters, somehow impress 95% of people that see them. Fairly sure these are worse and lazier than his usual stuff, but then I think that whenever I see something "new" from him.

If it's so easy and generic how come no one else is doing art like he is?

I'm not saying his art is always fantastic, this album cover obviously proves otherwise but imo he has some really great stuff too, like the single artwork for ex.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
15.04.2014 - 23:13
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by Ag Fox on 15.04.2014 at 22:34

I am aware of the phrase "Don't judge a book by its cover", but the fact is, album artwork does play an influence in affecting my evaluation of the music, because to me, it's part of the whole package.

So does that mean that blind people can't enjoy music as well as people with sight since they cannot see the artwork?
15.04.2014 - 23:17
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by AngelofDeth on 15.04.2014 at 23:13

If it's so easy and generic how come no one else is doing art like he is?

I'm not saying his art is always fantastic, this album cover obviously proves otherwise but imo he has some really great stuff too, like the single artwork for ex.

I've seen quite a lot of art like his. Cobbled together collages with the contrast turned up and noisy filters over the top. It's the kind of thing I was taught to do when I first learned to use photoshop on one of my college courses. Perhaps the reason other people aren't doing it just like him is because they actually have the talent to create decent composites and other stuff. I find it cheap and tacky, that's just my preference.
15.04.2014 - 23:21
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I also find it strange of people who don't get Ag Fox's point about owning albums with shitty artwork. In this day and age, with mp3 downloads a huge thing, physical copies are somewhat of a luxury, and having a CD and booklet with awesome artwork is definitely something worth paying for as it gives a tangible aesthetic to the music. In other words people are paying money for something physical so it's not unreasonable to expect that that physical thing doesn't look like shit. It's just a nice thing that gives something a premium feel.
15.04.2014 - 23:51
serega25
Good song. And I feel how good transform to very good
15.04.2014 - 23:52
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Great artwork and booklet is a plus, but I'd buy an album if it's awesome music wise, no matter how the artwork and booklet is. However, I do get the point, and I gotta admit I was a little disappointed when I bought an Omnium Gatherum album and the booklet only contained black pages with white lyrics on
16.04.2014 - 00:00
Reaper_Redeemer
The only good metal stuff that greece can export atm
16.04.2014 - 00:07
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Good song and I don't see what's wrong with the album cover... I've seen worse. If the music is good, I would overlook the cover art anyday. In the end we buy an album for the music, not for the art. We're not buying paintings...
16.04.2014 - 00:45
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by Reaper_Redeemer on 16.04.2014 at 00:00

Hail Spirit Noir and Spectral Lore would like a word with ya
16.04.2014 - 00:48
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 15.04.2014 at 23:21

I also find it strange of people who don't get Ag Fox's point about owning albums with shitty artwork. In this day and age, with mp3 downloads a huge thing, physical copies are somewhat of a luxury, and having a CD and booklet with awesome artwork is definitely something worth paying for as it gives a tangible aesthetic to the music. In other words people are paying money for something physical so it's not unreasonable to expect that that physical thing doesn't look like shit. It's just a nice thing that gives something a premium feel.

I understand not buying a physical album because the cover doesn't look good but he made it sound like that a bad cover can actually make a song sound worse.
16.04.2014 - 00:51
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 16.04.2014 at 00:48

I understand not buying a physical album because the cover doesn't look good but he made it sound like that a bad cover can actually make a song sound worse.

I don't think that's what he meant to imply. Anyone that thinks poor artworks detracts from the music quality is definitely wrong, but as a consumer they have the right to want to expect nice presentation with a physical release. It's their right to choose whether or not to part with their money. I don't think that makes him an idiot like someone said.
16.04.2014 - 00:53
Rulatore
Written by AngelofDeth on 15.04.2014 at 23:13

Not sure how I feel about this song yet...

On one hand there are some really kick ass parts - the symphonic interludes, the breakdown and epic chorus. But on the other hand it's a bit chaotic and kind of generic, the chorus almost sounds too familiar. Hopefully this will be one of the weaker tracks of the album..

Is it too much to ask for another Communion?

This
16.04.2014 - 01:00
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Reaper_Redeemer on 16.04.2014 at 00:00

Hail Spirit Noir is a loooot better than this band, at least they offer something more original.
I liked this track, maybe a bit chaotic in structure but I guess one can get used to it. Awful artwork btw, this guy used to do decent/good stuff but lately they are all similar and painful to look upon.

Hits total: 7086 | This month: 11