Metal Storm logo
Technical Death Metal

Original post

Posted by Xtreme Jax, 20.05.2006 - 20:08
Well Im building up my Techinical Death Metal collection and im wondering what bands and albums should be needed in this collection, and thought that a thread needs to be made for recommendations on this. Im a fan of Psycroptic, Suffocation, and Cryptopsy.

Any list albums that should be inclued in the collection, bands and/or albums.

EDIT: Now we've got a lot of Tech DM bands added, make sure you go through and check if the band has been added or not, saves a bunch of repeats. Also lets get a little discussion about some of the bands.
09.07.2006 - 11:20
mvikred
how come no one talks abt tech death anymore :O ... i dont know if i have mentioned it or not .. there is this amazing band called braindrill

chk their music page on myspace.com to listen to their compositions

amazing stuff

marco pitizuella drums very well

u guys should definitely chk out their page.

www.myspace.com/braindrill

mvikred
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
09.07.2006 - 15:59
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
^^Good stuff man.
ANyway, did I mention, Crimson Massacre here?
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
09.07.2006 - 16:23
King Antichrist
Account deleted
Psycroptic (the most technical band I have ever listened to), Spawn of Possession, Necrophagist, Decapitated, Death and Arsis (some is pretty technical).
09.07.2006 - 16:27
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Oh YAY!! Long time no see with you two guys on MS (mvikred & Cryptic Myth), and posts in here which im happy about

@ mvikred: I started to check out a track from Braindrill ... but my computer kicked off and i only got to hear the first 10 -20 seconds of a track, sounds good so far, and i dont remember the track so im pissed off at my computer at the moment for screwing up. Though i will check out more tomorrow.

@ Cryptic Myth: Dont think you, although i have heard a couple of tracks recently and i like what their doing. Only heard 2 tracks, but im impressed with what ive heard.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
09.07.2006 - 16:28
Too many fail.
I never saw Decapitated as very technical, comapred to other bands labeled as techincal deathmetal.... am i just noobing
----
Here is my actual theory beyond the huge, hilarious jokes I have: If you're so pro-life and you're so pro-child, then adopt one that's already here, that's very unwanted and very alone and needs someone to take care of it.
- Bill Hicks
09.07.2006 - 16:33
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Ok thuink we have enough of the obvious bands listed think i'l change the topic question.

@ King Antichrist:

Dont get me started on Psycroptic
----

Hellcunt Smurf
09.07.2006 - 16:44
Glen_Doom
Written by Xtreme Jax on 20.05.2006 at 20:08

Im building up my Techinical Death Metal collection and im wondering what bands and albums should be needed in this collection.
Im a fan of Suffocation and Psycroptic, and... actually those are the only bands coming to mind at the moment *massive blank*
Any list albums that should be inclued in the collection, bands and/or albums.

U like suffocation??? Then Beheaded is the band for you. Check them out !!
----
Spitting in the face of mainstream music !!!
10.07.2006 - 20:22
mvikred
Written by CrypticMyth on 09.07.2006 at 15:59

^^Good stuff man.
ANyway, did I mention, Crimson Massacre here?

the luster of pandemonium is a good album , ive been listenin to it quite a bit recently

mvikred
----
10.07.2006 - 20:29
mvikred
beheaded is good too . but not sure if u can term them as tech death ... anyways .. ive been listening to lot of severed saviour these days .... brutality is law is such an amazing album...i'd suggest all u tech death and brutal death fans to chk that album .. trust me , it'll leave u exhausted

and braindrill is strongly suggested .. and its the band that has been mentioned by alex webster in one of his intervviews.... he found them to a breed apart. trust me they are .. they are relentlessly brutal and technical the same time
----
10.07.2006 - 20:34
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
the new dawn on azazel is pretty good. apart from that im not really into technical-death
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
10.07.2006 - 22:56
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by mvikred on 10.07.2006 at 20:29

beheaded is good too . but not sure if u can term them as tech death ... anyways .. ive been listening to lot of severed saviour these days .... brutality is law is such an amazing album...i'd suggest all u tech death and brutal death fans to chk that album .. trust me , it'll leave u exhausted

Yeah, Brutality is Law is a pretty good cd. I was impressed with some of the guitar riffs but I didn't really care for how the drums were recorded. They also kick ass live \m/
11.07.2006 - 16:30
Aborted_Fetus
Account deleted
Beheaded and Visceral Bleeding are like soul brothers.I was in malta for half a year and saw them live.It was smth wonderful.
02.08.2006 - 19:37
AyΣm
Abyssal Zebra
NECROPHAGIST!!!or in France i ve heard a band which scared me by their technic : LEX TALIONIS, try it if you can, very impressive.You have Anata in Sweden, and Amoral in Finland too
03.08.2006 - 06:50
nana.MD
Star-Queen
i agree necrophagist is a great tech-death metal band...others are of course nile, sleep terror, spawn of possesion...what do u think about cephalic carnage?
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
03.08.2006 - 12:30
Hybrid_Killer
Account deleted
Would it be considered blasphemy if I said Atheist's albums didnt click for me:P:P:P:P:P?
03.08.2006 - 14:14
W-Lash
Metal Master
You should try Neglected Fields - it's a Russian band from Latvia. Their guitar parts are impressive. Btw their bassist is very good (as far as i know, he's one of the best bass players in Latvia).
More info about this band is available on http://www.neglectedfields.lv/,

Discography:
Synthinity
Mephisto Lettonica
Splenetic

I haven't heard the last one but the 1.st and 2.nd are great!
P.S. Their vocalist is bad singer but i think it doesn't matter very much if we talk about technical death.
04.08.2006 - 05:11
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
Well you can also try the more jazz-influenced death metal bands. Try Cynic, their first and only album Focus is a masterpiece, but have to be open minded to enjoy it. Also Atheist are an amazing band, they have released three albums only and they are all amazing, my personal favourite is their second (Unquestionable Presence) but you should try their debut which is less jazz-influenced. Finally try Pestilence, they are amazing. Try Consuming Impulse which is a true death metal masterpiece with Von Drunen (Asphyx) on vocals and it's not so experimental but if you want something more complex then try their third album "Testimony Of The Ancients" where they start getting influenced by jazz,there the vocals are handled by their guitarist Mameli who sounds a lot like Tardy (Obituary).
04.08.2006 - 14:07
ylside
Staff
@Fimnulvetr, you forgot the only Pestilence album which really is proggy/jazzy : Spheres ! The guitars have some specific production that I like there.
08.08.2006 - 07:57
tattootildeath
Account deleted
cynic, pestilence, death, decapitated (nihility!), unholy ghost, and sceptic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:devil:
09.08.2006 - 08:05
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...i've heard neglected-fields and i liked them, i can't get their material around here but it'll be nice if i got some, i'll check out what i find at the link, thanx...
...cynic is an excellent band, i wish they realesed more albums, it would be fantastic...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
10.08.2006 - 02:20
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by nana.MD on 09.08.2006 at 08:05

...cynic is an excellent band, i wish they realesed more albums, it would be fantastic...

Definatly, Cynic's 'Focus' was a very good release ... too bad it was their only one
----

Hellcunt Smurf
10.08.2006 - 03:02
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Gorguts, I'm getting obsessed with this band... "Obscura" is a fucking killer album! I love their avant-gardish touch.
10.08.2006 - 03:31
tattootildeath
Account deleted
yes, cynic, decapitated, sceptic, origin, nile, atheist, divine empire are all good tech death!
10.08.2006 - 07:41
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by [user id=15383] on 10.08.2006 at 03:31

yes, cynic, decapitated, sceptic, origin, nile, atheist, divine empire are all good tech death!

I never knew Yes was considered Technical Death Metal. I always just saw them as Prog Rock. Haha.
----
The force will be with you, always.
11.08.2006 - 08:04
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by ylside on 04.08.2006 at 14:07

@Fimnulvetr, you forgot the only Pestilence album which really is proggy/jazzy : Spheres ! The guitars have some specific production that I like there.

Yeah Pestilence is fking OWNAGE !!
05.09.2006 - 04:47
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
I dont know if anyone has said these bands but all of these bands are Technical Death Metal at its best for sure, Maligimancy, Necrophagist, Odious Mortem, Vile. These bands are definatly technical death metal and also very brutal at the same time, i hope you enjoy them as much as i do
05.09.2006 - 09:34
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Vile's technical death?? Gargh! Wish i knew this before, theres a cd been sitting in shop for ages. I'll have to give it a listen. Thanks for that
----

Hellcunt Smurf
06.09.2006 - 02:33
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
uuhhh, not really. Vile is a good brutal death metal band, but they're not really technical as say...Necrophagist or Atheist.
06.09.2006 - 03:10
CianideDeath
Account deleted
are Fearer counted as tech death?
06.09.2006 - 04:24
Aresius
Account deleted
Monstrosity, Atheist, and Necrophagist