01. Etna
02. N.L.T.
03. The Sinking Belle (Blue Sheep)
04. Akuma No Kuma
05. Fried Eagle Mind
06. Blood Swamp

Additional info
2 CD version limited to 5,000 copies. CD 2: "SatanOscillateMyMetallicSonatas"
1. Her Lips Were Wet With Venom (this track is a 28 minute drone piece that features Sunn O))), Boris and Dylan Carlson from Earth)

Staff review by
Herzebeth
Rating:
Ok this is what happens; I received this album over a month ago, I tried it the first time and I liked a lot, the next few times something changed actually, then people began telling me "nah! This album kinda sucks dude, I prefer old Sunn O)))" so I kept listening to it and I kept digging it more and more to finally realize the general scheme of this album?

Read more ››
published 16.01.2007 | Comments (19)

Found in 5 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 17   Visited by: 168 users
09.05.2014 - 17:01
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I think after White2 this is my favourite Sunn O)))-related release. Especially after all the extra bonus stuff; the white and black versions of The Sinking Belle (much better than the original Blue version) as well as 'Her Lips Were Wet With Venom' which elevates this even further being so good. Incredibly varied, great sound, great production, great songs and fantastic cover artwork. Drone doom doesn't get better than this.
17.08.2014 - 00:27
JD
Account deleted
Her Lips Were Wet With Venom = half an hour of enjoyble tunes.
04.09.2014 - 05:23
Rating: 9
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
'Her Lips We're Wet With Venom' is so ridiculously good. As to be expected. The Sinking Belle is as well, wish I could sing like that. Fantastic release.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
04.09.2014 - 12:00
mz

Yeah great fucking release. Maybe my most favorite sunn o))) related stuff up to now.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
04.09.2014 - 17:26
Lit.
Account deleted
"Her Lips Were Wet With Venom" may be my favorite song title ever.
The song's pretty cool, too.
07.09.2014 - 13:39
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Akuma No Kuma is just mighty as fuck, I LOVE when horns are used in drone like that
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
03.11.2014 - 08:14
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Guest on 09.05.2014 at 17:01

I think after White2 this is my favourite Sunn O)))-related release. Especially after all the extra bonus stuff; the white and black versions of The Sinking Belle (much better than the original Blue version) as well as 'Her Lips Were Wet With Venom' which elevates this even further being so good. Incredibly varied, great sound, great production, great songs and fantastic cover artwork. Drone doom doesn't get better than this.

Crap, I only have the regular album. Know anywhere I can go to get a quality download of the bonus songs? I've heard "Her Lips Were Wet With Venom" before, and it compelled me to buy this album before I realized that it wasn't actually on the regular version of this album. I don't have the money to be buying the 2-disc copy, either...
----
04.11.2014 - 13:36
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Jaeryd on 03.11.2014 at 08:14

Crap, I only have the regular album. Know anywhere I can go to get a quality download of the bonus songs? I've heard "Her Lips Were Wet With Venom" before, and it compelled me to buy this album before I realized that it wasn't actually on the regular version of this album. I don't have the money to be buying the 2-disc copy, either...

I'm sure if you have a search on Google someone will have uploaded the whole thing in FLAC. I don't think you should feel ashamed about downloading the whole album again to get to those specific songs if you've already bought the album (though I can't post links here or I'll get banned )
30.09.2015 - 22:14
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
I'm pretty surprised this only has a rating of 7.8 out of 50 votes. This could very well be the best material out of either band's discog
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
01.10.2015 - 02:23
mz

Me agrees.
----
01.10.2015 - 02:24
mz

But i haven't heard all of their materials.
----
21.03.2016 - 19:13
Zap
Found a copy of the double CD for a very reasonable price ^^
22.03.2016 - 01:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Sunn O)))'s best album but then agian Boris wrote most of it, go figure.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.03.2016 - 17:39
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.03.2016 at 01:17
Sunn O)))'s best album but then agian Boris wrote most of it, go figure.

The funny thing is that most folks still focus on the Sunn O))) tag rather than Boris for this album. At least that's how I have perceived it.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
22.03.2016 - 18:49
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I can't find any evidence anywhere that Boris wrote most of this. All I can see is that The Sinking Belle was more Boris' idea.
15.06.2023 - 04:48
bardberic
Account deleted
The part of me that loves Boris loves the Boris part of this; however the part of me that hates Sunn O))) hates the Sunn O))) part of this. What we have here is for me the most contentious album I own - go figure...

Either way it's simultaneously both Boris's and Sunn O)))'s best release, even if Sunn O)))'s best release is still a pile of dogshit lmao I only like it for the Boris part.

Also what gives with withholding the best and longest song on the album for the bonus release? My CD doesn't have it
15.06.2023 - 11:53
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Just finished listening to this yoga-rhythmic megapack record for the 4th time.

Never listen this record when you're at the office desk. Completely zoned out my balls.

Hits total: 8314 | This month: 26