Metal Storm logo
Winterfylleth - Recording New Album, Stream Folk Compilation Song

Manchester atmospheric black metallers Winterfylleth have some good news to share. Firstly, the group has already begun the recording process of their 4th album at Skyhammer Studios with Chris Fielding at the controls once again. This new album will follow The Threnody Of Triumph (2012). While you wait for the final product, tell us your expectations for it.

In other news, the band recently revealed its contribution to the folk compilation One And All, Together, For Home. Winterfylleth recorded a version of the traditional Scottish song "The Three Ravens." The compilation is set to be released by Season Of Mist on May 23rd in Europe (May 27th in North America). Hear the song here!

The compilation features a number of international metal artists, gathered together by Drudkh mastermind Roman Sayenko to provide their own interpretations of traditional folk songs from their country.

The band explained the story behind this track: "'The Three Ravens' is the anglicised version of a traditional Scottish song called 'Twa Corbies' and takes the form of three scavenger birds (Ravens) discussing what they might eat on that particular day. One mentions a recently deceased knight, who they find slain in the forest, but who it turns out is guarded by his loyal 'hawks and hounds'. The story goes on to tell how his pregnant lover (metaphorically represented as 'a fallow doe') comes to his body, tends his wounds and takes him away to be buried; apparently leaving the ravens without a meal. The story is a tale of spirituality that seems to represent how the strength and loyalty of one's kin can overcome adversity, even in the event of their master/partner dying."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Winterfylleth
Posted: 10.05.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 51 users
10.05.2014 - 20:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Great song scotish and irish folk music is great also portugaese ... ask Ana about it )
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.05.2014 - 20:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
As I was walking all alane,
I heard twa corbies makin a mane;
The tane unto the ither say,
"Whar sall we gang and dine the-day?"

"In ahint yon auld fail dyke,
I wot there lies a new slain knight;
And nane do ken that he lies there,
But his hawk, his hound an his lady fair."

"His hound is tae the huntin gane,
His hawk tae fetch the wild-fowl hame,
His lady's tain anither mate,
So we may mak oor dinner swate."

"Ye'll sit on his white hause-bane,
And I'll pike oot his bonny blue een;
Wi ae lock o his gowden hair
We'll theek oor nest whan it grows bare."
"Mony a one for him makes mane,
But nane sall ken whar he is gane;
Oer his white banes, whan they are bare,
The wind sall blaw for evermair.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
10.05.2014 - 20:33
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Song is :'(
11.05.2014 - 14:01
theFIST

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 10.05.2014 at 20:33

Song is :'(

agreed

and expectations for the new album, i think they"ll keep softening the production and thus reducing the appeal of rough tone with lovely melodies
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
11.05.2014 - 15:21
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
^ I was being sarcastic.

Nothing as such I felt like that. It was jab on listening to emotional song. Yeah, song was mellow, outline notes was beautiful and I really feel they should modify the sound and bring more melodies.

I didn't quite enjoy "The Threnody Of Triumph" due to flat folk notes they have in. "The Sphere" remains the best.

Hits total: 3260 | This month: 4