Metal Storm logo
ABC-TV Seeks Metal Family For Reality Series

25.01.2007 - 16:43
animal
Rachelle Mendez, a casting producer for ABC Television's hit reality show "Wife Swap", has sent the following message to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

Quote:
"I'm conducting a national casting search to find metal fans to feature on the current season of our show, and am contacting you in hopes of discussing the possibility of working together to find a family who we can consider casting.

"'Wife Swap' is a family show on ABC primetime. The premise is simple: two moms from two very different families get the opportunity to swap lives (but not bedrooms ? everyone has their own!) for a week to experience what it's like to live a different lifestyle ? and to see what they can teach each other about their own lifestyle!

"We want to feature a family of longtime metal fans (death, black, thrash, speed, etc.) in hopes of shattering any common misconceptions of what family life for metalheads might be like! We encourage all families, the bolder and more adventurous the better, with two parents at home and school-aged children (6-17) to apply immediately. The family can belong to any aspect of the metal community ? as fans, promoter, band members ? it really makes no difference, as long as the family is genuinely passionate about metal.

"Maybe you know of a family or have a family yourself with made for TV personalities that you would be willing to recommend. I would greatly appreciate you forwarding my information on to any of your family members, friends, and associates who might be interested in sharing their lives with us for a week! In addition, each family that tapes an episode of 'Wife Swap' receives a financial honorarium for their time. Anyone who refers a family that appears on our program receives a finder's fee."

If you have any questions, or to apply, send an e-mail to: Rachelle.Mendez@rdfusa.com.
----
"I got 1,000 years of power! Come and get me!" Robert McLain- Royal Oak, MI
28.01.2007 - 11:12
Valentin B
Iconoclast
we got a very similar show here, but no metal family so far.
damn living in the us rules!
18.02.2007 - 17:12
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
Lmao, I for all the people I know and as well for my family, we would never qualify. As it seems that only my brother, my father and I, listen to metal out of all my relatives. O_O

I never realized until now that my relatives suck! Well. Not really, I'd known that a long time ago, but that just confirms it.

Hm, it's kinda cool in having a show about a metalhead family. I'd definitly see that. XD
07.03.2007 - 06:00
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
yeah its going to hard to find an entire family that are metalheads, cool idea but im sure we'll be misrepresented.

but as I was saying, most metalheads I know come from pretty unsupportive familys as far as being a metalhead goes.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
08.03.2007 - 04:15
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
I'm actually not to fond of that Idea, I already hate the exploitation people recieve when they are on reality shows, it's like their lives are simply entertainment for everyone (Which is EXACTLY what it is) and people become angry and desperate. That is presicly why I hate reality shows, and now they want to expose MY culture and lifestyle? It's kind of upsetting.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
08.03.2007 - 05:38
iaberis
Advice Troll
Exactly! Unbelievable what people make up to exploit and make money...
This idea is what we call "only in america!"

I'd love to see again what I saw in a reality show in a Scandinavian country, Sweden if I remember correct, where some students got inside the reality house and beat the damn players! It's about time this stupid exploitation stops!
----
Bitch! Please
17.03.2007 - 23:38
FTW
Account deleted
Pretty cool idea, I dont know how the general ignorant public will take it though,
19.03.2007 - 07:37
Eternal Flames
I can't help but cringe at that idea. Just another form of media exploitation. Again just picking out the stereotypes and trying to make some crappy show out of it, hence why I hate reality TV above ball. I surely hope that they don't manage to find a metal family who are willing to sign up for this. I can already imagine how the show will turn out and I definitely think it's just not a good idea.
20.03.2007 - 07:09
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Eternal Flames on 19.03.2007 at 07:37

I can't help but cringe at that idea. Just another form of media exploitation. Again just picking out the stereotypes and trying to make some crappy show out of it, hence why I hate reality TV above ball. I surely hope that they don't manage to find a metal family who are willing to sign up for this. I can already imagine how the show will turn out and I definitely think it's just not a good idea.

well, if there really desperate to find a family of stereotypical metalheads they will probably just make one, making the misrepresentation even worse, so im a little conflicted, I think that show should just be cancelled entirely.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
20.03.2007 - 07:23
Eternal Flames
@Dr.Rock - You've got a good point. They probably will create their own family portraying them even worse. I surely hope they don't do that though. However, I must question how they plan on finding a family of all metalheads, if that is in fact what they intend on doing. I mean, I don't know any families that are all tied to metal in some way. It's either just the kids that listen to metal or it's the father and child, usually not the whole family. Meh... beats me.