Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - Detained In Russia, Ordered To Leave (Update)

There are new developments today about Behemoth's detention in Russia. The band has been fined and ordered to leave Russia. "It seemed like we actually got a really nice judge. And wise, because this was a humane decision... it felt like she sympathised with us," Darski told the Polish TV channel Polsat News. You can expect more comments from the band on this situation as soon as they land safely in Poland.

Pic taken by band members

"We actually received the minimal fine with a recommendation for how to leave Russia as quickly as possible."

The band were able to play four out of 13 of their scheduled concerts in Russia. "Now we want to get some rest after a sleepless night and return home as quickly as possible," he said.

Courtesy of Znak.com

In a brief interview conducted with frontman Nergal, he described the conditions they were kept: "It was a very small room on a half meter. On the walls were smeared with feces. At night, we asked [to be] taken to the toilet, but we were somehow denied. Had to go in plastic bottles."

Regarding authorities' claims of improper visa, Nergal said: "We have received a visa at the Russian consulate in Warsaw. When we asked how [to prepare] the paperwork, we were told that it was necessary to make a business visa. We did everything we were told. Now it turned out that it was necessary to do some 'humanitarian' visa, not a business."

Original news: According to a post on Behemoth's Facebook page, the band's Russian tour has come to a halt. The Polish death metallers have been touring in Russia since May 10th and today reportedly they were stopped and detained by Russian immigration services. Behemoth were supposed to play in Yekaterinburg tonight.

First message posted (translated from Polish): "We've been stopped by the immigration services for 'wrong visas'. When I said that we will not move an inch from the club without someone from the Polish embassy, they threatened to force us out. They took us in a bus, accompanied by 10 officers, to the building of Federal Migration Service. We tried to reach the Polish embassy in Jekaterinburg but no one is answering the phone. If possible - please copy this message and pass it everywhere you can. We may expect a multihour hearing. The concert is off for sure. The only thing we want is to get back to the hotel safely and then - to Poland. No matter how hard we try - we cannot pass it all. Regards. Nergal."

Nergal has issued the following update (translated from Polish): "Looks like it's going to be a normal arrest. They'll take our phones soon. At 9am we'll have a court case, then a judgement and maybe a deportation."

You can probably expect further updates on this. The band's Russian Satanist tour happens in support of their recent The Satanist full-length album.

[Thanks to dark_mar and Bad English for the tip!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Behemoth
Posted: 22.05.2014 by BloodTears

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 45   Visited by: 492 users
22.05.2014 - 21:19
Paz
Elite
Written by Unhealer on 22.05.2014 at 21:12

first pic

The second sad panda this week...
22.05.2014 - 22:07
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Says they were detained in small, shit-filled prison.... Walks out with sparkling white T-shirt... hmmm..

jk, I wouldn't doubt it, specially since it looks pretty obvious they were screwed over by the government here.

Passport control would've never let them into the country if they had the wrong visas, those guys fuckin hound you specially 'sketchy'-looking metalheads and you don't get by till they get the full story, this is a total power play by the Russian Government just trying to intimidate other nations.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
22.05.2014 - 22:42
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by Bad English on 22.05.2014 at 20:03

Yes true but Pussy is anti putin and all such shit what is there and in Pol you cant be arested because you say something about Roland Tusk ... not such political case, but ore ordinary case for smahing properthy and so on .... I agree destroying proprethy is a CRIME no metter nazie, anti fa, red, black or white
Pussy is diferenbt story .

but this band ha snathics and they ahve been in trial in Poland as well, but Rus ortoodox church patriarh Kyril is frien whit Putin and his regime supporter... Rus banned Sabbaton (IMO) for WWII song singing where ''they glorify nazie'' and last year events in Rus this arest might be political
anti homosexual law
some kind slavic perfect family ideas
putin taking over coubrol
Crimea shit
shut down GPS support sythem
wanna ban facebook
eurovision ''scandal''
new fight aganst western ideas
pro ussr idialogy reborn

so all events in last year ... it can suggest it might be not only visa isue ... maybe deeper, since this band antics

First of all, their anti-Putin rage has been common for years before they got in prison. The reason they were detained was not because they were anti-Putin in a period where Putin's popularity was in a downful (26% of Russian believed before the annexation of Crimea that Putin is not the right man to rule the state), it was because they were provoking damanges and they were also disturbing the public peace. After repeated offences, you ought to get busted at least one, right?

Russians did not band Sabaton, they just labeled it as nazi and whatever and recommended that they should not be allowed to play. Then again the voices were from anonymous sources and it did not resonate among the masses. And seriously, Russia has many bands much more extreme than Sabaton, not only in playing style, but even in lyrical themes. If anything, Russia has now a booming metal scene, I find something new everyday coming from the ex-Soviet space, especially from Ukraine and Russia.

The law is not anti-homosexual so to say, but it prohibits usage of homosexual themed campaigns to minors. Not our job to criticize what a country does in their internal politics, but I do have to agree that the law is very poorly written and leaves many holes that can be exploited by fascists (which are many in Russia today, Zhirinovsky just one of them).

As the pro-USSR ideas, I think you need to read shit in substance. Putin does not wish to revive the USSR in its substance, he just wishes to dominate (probably economicaly) the former ex-Soviet states like he does in Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and all the other -stan's) and in Europe with Armenia, Bielorussia or half of Ukraine. He does not wish to revive the former ideology as it has proven to be ineffective and catastrophic in the last years of the former 'Red Empire'. Putin is not a leftist, but rather a far-right guy in practice (in speech maybe not). I leftist does not come public saying 'we will not raise the life standard as it is fine as it is now, but we raise military budget.' Get it? Maybe he wishes for a hybrid system, a cross between democracy and totalitarianism, between capitalism and comunism like in China. But then again, Russia is a country that does not share the pure Asian roots of China, nor the more European roots of Western Europe. They are something in between, so I expect a different approach in this area.
22.05.2014 - 23:16
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Bad English on 22.05.2014 at 14:07

Written by D.T. Metal on 22.05.2014 at 07:20

Written by Auntie Sahar on 22.05.2014 at 07:13

Quite simply, if you step too far into the lion's den, you're only putting yourself at risk, and in places that don't have much of a fine line between church and state, the former can be can quite the lion indeed.

Dude, they are in the lion's den when they play at home. LOL Poland is just about the same with the church having their fingers in everything government. Behemoth is a pretty big thing overseas, way bigger than here in the states. It's a dick move by whoever started it and I saw a video with their booking agent over there, flabbergasted by the events as well. Well, here in a couple hours they will go to court and then we will find out what the hell the Russians plan on doing.

but in Pol are laws and democracy .. I doubt pussy riot ever be sentenced in Poland... since its in EU and there must work some kind a laws and rules.... Rus now its political think, its building pre cold war atmosfere and soon soon might be new cold war ... 100% politica, religuse move there

dude Poland is same ..just instead ortodox curch its catholic church .... for fuck sake that tennis (radwanska i think,might misspelled ) player got huge backlash in poland because her nude or naked photo session for some magazine a year back ...
also where on earth you can enter a public place ,even church,strip naked and make some shitty remarks over authorities without getting finned or arrested ...fucking punks ....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
22.05.2014 - 23:21
ANGEL REAPER

It is too much of a coincidence that Nergal's moustache in the first pic makes up for a Varg resemblance.

no i think there is some judeo-chirstian conspiracy right there
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
22.05.2014 - 23:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Angel
True , but Poland is in EU and EU can fource follow all EU wrights and laws
Orthox christiaity is more conservative as chatolicism and yes Poland (as Jup said) is most undemocratic land in EU when it goes in case as ''you blaspem religio'' since chatolizism was huge part inre sistence aganst communism and also in solidarnost and it is in ppl minds so , even 20 years passed more, some ppl still are consevative
rets of chatoloc church lands are ''cooler'' since they wanna calm dawn and bring good name to Vatican, all pfedopfile, coruption shit

arrested in visa isue in Auise, canada, no big deel, but in Rus, you never know , rus army, police who are connected whit do oeders can do Putin ordsers and I dont trust them...its like be arested in saudi

Maniac - I am not familiar whit pussy before jail so ...
well this shit after wests atrt santions and both sides talk shit ... such arests can be politalized as well, and Rus are weird, shit can happen,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.05.2014 - 01:18
Wingtorte

It is too much of a coincidence that Nergal's moustache in the first pic makes up for a Varg resemblance.

Funny enough that he looks a bit like Varg there was one of the first things I thought when I saw that pic
23.05.2014 - 02:43
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Bad English on 22.05.2014 at 23:33

Angel
Orthox christiaity is more conservative as chatolicism and yes Poland (as Jup said) is most undemocratic land in EU when it goes in case as ''you blaspem religio'' since chatolizism was huge part inre sistence aganst communism and also in solidarnost and it is in ppl minds so , even 20 years passed more, some ppl still are consevative
rets of chatoloc church lands are ''cooler'' since they wanna calm dawn and bring good name to Vatican, all pfedopfile, coruption shit

arrested in visa isue in Auise, canada, no big deel, but in Rus, you never know , rus army, police who are connected whit do oeders can do Putin ordsers and I dont trust them...its like be arested in saudi

Maniac - I am not familiar whit pussy before jail so ...
well this shit after wests atrt santions and both sides talk shit ... such arests can be politalized as well, and Rus are weird, shit can happen,

dude seriously?! like that doesn't make any sense ..also quit watching CNN all day and start using that head of yours ...EU can force Poland ...yeah right ....like they did in Hungary when they declared anti-abortion laws...
also blasphemy thing ...do you know what the hell are you talking? its same offense in any country to enter on public or private property and to disrupt piece and public order ... its like you would pull out your dick on sunday mass or on government building you would get the same amount of beating ...
----
23.05.2014 - 02:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by deadone on 23.05.2014 at 02:46

Written by Bad English on 22.05.2014 at 23:33

Angel

Not really. It all has to be proven in a court of law which costs time and money.

For example Estonia discriminates against Russians who were living there in 1991 but never issued citizenship. EU does nothing about this because these people have not raised the case at the relevant EU court or tribunal or whatever other mechanisms exist for this.

It's not like the EU waves a magic wand or anything.

its not discrimination, they cant get citizenship because they cant take exame, and why they cant do exame, because they cant learn languadge, faact as night is black, same in Latvia and Lithuania, exame is easy .. if ppl live sthere 50 years and cant learn a language ... simple ....in swe ppl learn in 2-3 years time
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.05.2014 - 03:44
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by deadone on 23.05.2014 at 02:41

How would border security know they had wrong visas?
If the visa was correctly filled in and approved, border security wouldn't question it.
Whenever I've travelled the passport control guys have just glanced at my passport quickly before giving it back to me. When I was leaving Croatia last time the guy didn't even look - he just dicked around on his mobile phone!
Border control/security isn't some job that requires educated people. They certainly aren't psychics who can work out if a wrong visa has been issued to someone merely by looking at the visa ("you have long hair, you must be in a heavy metal band and thus here on a tour. Sorry but you have the wrong visa"_.
Also in Australia we have lots of people violate visa conditions - they enter as tourists and then get work. Some are deliberate and some are mistakes.
As stated if the Russians wanted to keep them out, they would've done so before visas were ever issued.

In my experience of traveling I always get hassled at passport control when going over to the EU, seriously like clockwork every single time which is every year btw. I've also heard of a lot of metal bands getting hassled even with right papers and all too. You live in a bubble in Australia, I literally get ads on my FB from Australia gov. telling me to go work there for a summer, so not surprised they are lax but it isn't like that everywhere in the world.

You missed the point, I'm not saying the Russian's wanted to keep them out at all, that's why I said that if they wanted to keep them out they would've done so at passport control or yes, they also could've by denied visa's in first place. And that's exactly what makes this sketchy to me that they willingly let them in and then get all testy mid-way through their tour, it's as if the Russian's were deliberately trying to make headlines to show that they are hardasses, that was my point.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
23.05.2014 - 04:56
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by deadone on 23.05.2014 at 03:55

My point was I've never had any problems with European and Asian passport controls. But then I have short hair, don't wear potentially offensive metal t-shirt overseas and generally look respectable.

Then that is probably why.

Written by deadone on 23.05.2014 at 03:55

I think people want it to be the evil Russians and the evil Orthodox Church. People prefer conspiracy over reality.

I'm not usually one prone to 'conspiracy' theories I just think it's kind of fishy what they did to Behemoth and Russia has a track record with this sort of thing. Even then I don't think this is just an 'evil Russian' thing, the US is prone to flexing it's power for intimidation and many other nations too. It could possibly just be a bureaucracy mix up as you said but it's important to question further when facts don't seem to add up like in this case.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
23.05.2014 - 21:44
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Nergal looks so much better without his long ass hair.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
24.05.2014 - 20:35
crucifiedjesus
Written by Boxcar Willy on 23.05.2014 at 21:44

how do you know he had long ass hair! Not that it really matters but i'd like to think he keeps it tidy down there
29.05.2014 - 00:36
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by crucifiedjesus on 24.05.2014 at 20:35

Written by Boxcar Willy on 23.05.2014 at 21:44

how do you know he had long ass hair! Not that it really matters but i'd like to think he keeps it tidy down there

lol it took me a sec to see what you did there, but I see what you did there.
----
05.10.2014 - 01:07
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
Wrong Visa? Was this like a set up or something?

Hits total: 7573 | This month: 16