Metal Storm logo
Exodus - Parts Way With Dukes, Welcomes Back "Zetro"

According to blabbermouth, Bay Area thrash legends Exodus have parted ways with vocalist Rob Dukes and brought Steve Souza back into the fold.

Guitarist Gary Holt made the following statement on the issue:

"As a band, we all had to make a very difficult choice to part ways with Rob Dukes. We have nothing but love and admiration for him and the deepest gratitude for the hard work he has put in and the great work on some killer records. But at this time, Tom, Lee, Jack and myself thought a change was necessary and the unanimous choice going forward was to welcome back Steve Souza to the fold!"

Steve "Zetro" Souza added:

"I spent a great part of my life with Exodus. That blood flows through me, and even not being in the band for the past 10 years, you can't erase that chemistry. I'm very excited!"

Zetro's other band Hatriot has also confirmed that he will do double duty and continue in the band as well.

Steve Souza

Picture taken from Hatriot's Facebook page

Source: blabbermouth.net
Band profile: Exodus
Posted: 08.06.2014 by D.T. Metal

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 37   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 228 users
10.06.2014 - 08:27
Misfit74

STEVE 'ZETRO' SOUZA To Begin Recording Vocals For New EXODUS Album This Week

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/steve-zetro-souza-to-begin-recording-vocals-for-new-exodus-album-this-week/
10.06.2014 - 10:52
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Angelic Storm on 08.06.2014 at 22:20

Written by Guest on 08.06.2014 at 22:16

Tempo of the Damned Part II, please.

We can only hope! That album is probably the best thrash album of the modern era...

Gotta disagree. While I think it is a great record, it becomes a little monotonous after the first few tracks because they're all pretty much the same pace.
10.06.2014 - 18:00
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Eh, Has Dangerboner returned to MS? Or Am I seeing him here after long time?

Anyway, it's a great news to see Zetro is back. We should now look forward to see new record from their side.
12.06.2014 - 09:18
Dr. Strawberry

It's a great news to see someone (Zetro) is still interested to create boredom for metal fans...
I had enough ! I only listened to their early works.
12.06.2014 - 10:00
Metal George

When I saw Exodus live Dukes impersonated Zetro's voice perfectly which is raspy. i don't get this decision at all. Dukes did seem tired near the end of the set.
21.06.2014 - 02:09
Timelord

I guess Gary Holt had a change of heart. He said that he never again work with Zetro. To my understanding in was because Zetro flaked out of some gig(s) in Mexico. I grabbed a bite to eat with Steve,Tom and Rick when they played a surprise gig on the 'Tempo of the Damned" tour. I could tell all was not well as Gary barely spoke to anybody and Zetro was talking about getting back to work doing construction because he was a foreman or some shit. I have to say Zetro was the coolest out of the band with Tom and Rick a close second. No comment on Gary though. I tried to be myself cracking jokes about the 80's and the spandex Gary had on in the first Combat Tour VHS. He wasn't in the least bit friendly which left a very sour aftertaste with me. I wonder what the REAL reason could be for re-hiring Steve? I hope it all works out and the band gets energized with some new material.
21.06.2014 - 23:55
Novas

Yes! Been waiting for this day! Zetro is one of my favorite thrash vocalists (esp, 'Tempo'). Maybe they had enough of Dukes' drinking issues.. Granted, Dukes did a great job on 'Exhibit B'

Hits total: 3608 | This month: 9