Metal Storm logo
Motörhead

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 20.05.2006 - 23:13
as by many requests i have decided to move the Motörhead forum thread out of extreme and moved it under here, under melodic there is the 'heavy' subcategory so i found it appropriate to move it to here. Anyways, more discussion about Motörhead.
24.01.2007 - 06:40
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Dangerboner on 24.01.2007 at 05:19

Written by Doc G. on 24.01.2007 at 01:42

Damn, I just found out they dropped off the heaven & hell tour.....what a bummer.

Yeah, but at least they are replaced by Megadeth. Actually, I've heard that Megadeth isn't very good live though, while Motorhead puts on amazing shows.

Yeah my friend has already seen megadeth and said they dont put on a bad show, but Mustaine doesnt talk to the crowd much, he just crams in as many songs as possible then leaves pretty much.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.01.2007 - 02:11
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Doc G. on 24.01.2007 at 06:40

Damn, I just found out they dropped off the heaven & hell tour.....what a bummer.

Yeah, but at least they are replaced by Megadeth. Actually, I've heard that Megadeth isn't very good live though, while Motorhead puts on amazing shows.

Yeah my friend has already seen megadeth and said they dont put on a bad show, but Mustaine doesnt talk to the crowd much, he just crams in as many songs as possible then leaves pretty much.

That's a good thing, man. It just seems that they have boring stage presence and Dave's voice is somehow worse live. I love the band though.

I gotta see Motorhead one of these days...preferrably before they get too old, but from the look of things, Lemmy is a robot programmed to not age.
26.01.2007 - 06:28
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Dangerboner on 26.01.2007 at 02:11

Written by Doc G. on 24.01.2007 at 06:40

That's a good thing, man. It just seems that they have boring stage presence and Dave's voice is somehow worse live. I love the band though.

I gotta see Motorhead one of these days...preferrably before they get too old, but from the look of things, Lemmy is a robot programmed to not age.

yeah thats what worries me though, its not like Motorhead just to drop a bunch of shows, and they dont say anything about it on the website.
----
- George Carlin
27.01.2007 - 06:12
bucky01403
Account deleted
In the Name of Tragedy:banger2:
27.01.2007 - 14:25
Bankler
Account deleted
Lemmy got an uniq voice. They will also play on the Sweden Rock Festival. They are playing Rock n Roll and not Metal.
30.01.2007 - 04:29
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=10972] on 27.01.2007 at 14:25

Lemmy got an uniq voice. They will also play on the Sweden Rock Festival. They are playing Rock n Roll and not Metal.

The 'they play rock n roll' thing is really getting old, yeah Lemmy says they just play rock n roll, mostly cus he doesnt use subgenres, and yes the old material may not have been metal (which it was), but to say the newer stuff is only rock n roll is a really dumb thing to say. Like honestly, are you just saying that because Lemmy does or have you just not listened to the current material?
----
- George Carlin
30.01.2007 - 17:05
sonofdeath

Their first albums were rock n roll yes, but everything from and after 95 can't be called "rock"... thinking of stuff as sacrifice, inferno, hammered or kiss of death sounds pretty heavy to be rock
l always thought they called the genre motörhead plays "overdrive"...
----
----When I drop dead, could you place a sixpack of beer besides me? I've heard it's quite hot in hell----
31.01.2007 - 17:11
Bankler
Account deleted
Yes, it´s sounds as speed metal but they say that they are playing Rock n Roll and i respect that.
31.01.2007 - 17:20
Bankler
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 30.01.2007 at 04:29

The 'they play rock n roll' thing is really getting old, yeah Lemmy says they just play rock n roll, mostly cus he doesnt use subgenres, and yes the old material may not have been metal (which it was), but to say the newer stuff is only rock n roll is a really dumb thing to say. Like honestly, are you just saying that because Lemmy does or have you just not listened to the current material?

I say it becuse Lemmy saying that they play rock n roll. And YES I´ve listened to the current material. Ive got two albums whit motörhead.
09.03.2007 - 23:20
Anathemani@c
I never really liked Motorhead, neither the original Lemmy promotes... Although I recognise that he is a metal hero for many of you- I suppose...
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
09.03.2007 - 23:34
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
they are so good. very enjoyable sound, their my favourite band to listen while i take a shower (and thats a complement)
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
10.03.2007 - 06:37
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I just picked up this album called 'The Head Cat' its one of Lemmys side projects, its a really good rockabilly album he did with Slim Jim from the Stray Cats....im really ashamed I never heard of it before today, considering motorhead is my all time favorite band.
----
- George Carlin
10.03.2007 - 07:08
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Doc G. on 10.03.2007 at 06:37

I just picked up this album called 'The Head Cat' its one of Lemmys side projects, its a really good rockabilly album he did with Slim Jim from the Stray Cats....im really ashamed I never heard of it before today, considering motorhead is my all time favorite band.

dude, The Head Cat is awesome. Thanks for mentioning them...now I have to get this album
10.03.2007 - 07:31
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Dangerboner on 10.03.2007 at 07:08

Written by Doc G. on 10.03.2007 at 06:37

dude, The Head Cat is awesome. Thanks for mentioning them...now I have to get this album

as much as I hate to say it, this album is better than alot of Motorhead stuff, its not hard and certainly not metal, but its a cryin shame it didnt get more publicity and promotion.
----
- George Carlin
10.03.2007 - 07:36
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Anathemani@c on 09.03.2007 at 23:20

I never really liked Motorhead, neither the original Lemmy promotes... Although I recognise that he is a metal hero for many of you- I suppose...

What do you mean you suppose? its common knowledge Lemmy helped make metal what it is today.
----
- George Carlin
10.03.2007 - 14:38
Anathemani@c
Written by Doc G. on 10.03.2007 at 07:36

What do you mean you suppose? its common knowledge Lemmy helped make metal what it is today.

OK but think that there are persons who dont think the same as you do, now... That is why I said I suppose..
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
10.03.2007 - 19:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Anathemani@c on 10.03.2007 at 14:38

Written by Doc G. on 10.03.2007 at 07:36

OK but think that there are persons who dont think the same as you do, now... That is why I said I suppose..

But the influence Motorhead had on metal is undenialable, its not really opinion, thats why Lemmy is respectaded as a hero by those who dont even listen to Motorhead.
----
- George Carlin
11.03.2007 - 13:00
Judas
The Amputator
Motörhead's live act, even after so many years, is still very good. Lemmy rocks out more than people half his age, and the attitude is impeccable. He epitomises the Metal attitude, even when refusing to call his music metal, preferring to stick with the classic, "We are Motörhead, and we play Rock 'n' Roll!"

The band's influence in the development of the more extreme forms of Metal is clear and undisputable, and they really do deserve all the respect they get. A great band!
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
26.03.2007 - 06:56
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by sonofdeath on 30.01.2007 at 17:05

Their first albums were rock n roll yes, but everything from and after 95 can't be called "rock"... thinking of stuff as sacrifice, inferno, hammered or kiss of death sounds pretty heavy to be rock
l always thought they called the genre motörhead plays "overdrive"...

Actually Id say the really actual pure metal started in 1986 for them, with the exception of the albums 'Rock N Roll' & '1916'
----
- George Carlin
06.05.2007 - 04:30
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Im I the only one that finds it a bloody crime that Motorhead has a lower fan count on this site than HIM? is the world insane?
----
- George Carlin
06.05.2007 - 04:32
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
That just.....makes me really sad

I'd like to see Lemmy fight Ville or whatever his name is. That would be funny.
06.05.2007 - 16:08
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah man... Motorhead are... I don't know.. Legends man!!
I remember my first Motorhead show, I still remember that atmosphere, and I also saw HIM alive, they suck, I was hunting girls whole night instead of watching them... Motorhead are LEGENDS!
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
06.05.2007 - 21:59
Pinusar
Account deleted
Motörhead-great band and I won't start talking about the impact they had on metal. Good to hear they're still in good form and can give awesome shows, I haven't seen them live though. I used to listen to them more but then got bored for some time(I still liked it but not as much), few days ago I gave it some listens and it sounded fresh and heavy again. My favourite album and song is Overkill:banger:
14.06.2007 - 10:58
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Looks like Lemmy is getting back with Hawkwind for a performance at Hawkwinds festival. Didnt really see that coming after Lemmys comments on the Ace Of Spades DVD.
----
- George Carlin
15.06.2007 - 00:54
Germ
Account deleted

Just because Lemmy sings about Rocking and Rolling in their songs does not mean they are rock n roll. They are heavy metal through and through. Chuck Shuldiner's later songs were about spiritual shit, and it is still considered death metal. Amon Amarth sings about viking ships, and they are still Melodic Death Metal.

Oh, and about Lemmy's voice, let me describe it for you:

His voice sounds like a chainsaw.
15.06.2007 - 01:01
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=24359] on 15.06.2007 at 00:54

Just because Lemmy sings about Rocking and Rolling in their songs does not mean they are rock n roll. They are heavy metal through and through. Chuck Shuldiner's later songs were about spiritual shit, and it is still considered death metal. Amon Amarth sings about viking ships, and they are still Melodic Death Metal.

Yeah I had that same discussion with that guy, if youll look back. And he said the reason he calls 'Head Rock N Roll is because Lemmy calls it rock n roll, youll notice he rarely uses any subgenres whatsoever, rarely using the term punk or metal, just calls it rock n roll.
----
- George Carlin
15.06.2007 - 01:09
APOHAKC
The Bard
They dfinetely have many rock and roll songs, but for me they are heavy metal. My favorite album is 1916 and it have some rock and rolll, rockabilly, punk and who knows what else influences. Going To Brazil lol but 1916 song is fantastic, one of my favorite songs ever
----
15.06.2007 - 01:09
Germ
Account deleted
Well Lemmy is LEMMY. He does what he wants. Motorhead is Heavy Metal, I'm sorry....lol.
15.06.2007 - 01:12
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by APOHAKC on 15.06.2007 at 01:09

They dfinetely have many rock and roll songs, but for me they are heavy metal. My favorite album is 1916 and it have some rock and rolll, rockabilly, punk and who knows what else influences. Going To Brazil lol but 1916 song is fantastic, one of my favorite songs ever

I thought the track 1916 was absolutely dreadful, Lemmy shouldnt try and sing melody unless hes got a full band behind him (IE Love Me Forever), instead of just a cheesey organ.
----
- George Carlin
15.06.2007 - 01:15
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yes, I know, most of the people hate that album, but I simply love it, beside 1916 I enjoy Overkill and Bomber a lot, fantastic albums. I bought orginal vynils of those albums, it soct me a fortune, but I don't regret single euro I gave
----