Metal Storm logo
Motörhead

Original post

Posted by Doc G., 20.05.2006 - 23:13
as by many requests i have decided to move the Motörhead forum thread out of extreme and moved it under here, under melodic there is the 'heavy' subcategory so i found it appropriate to move it to here. Anyways, more discussion about Motörhead.
15.06.2007 - 01:28
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@Aronax
Yeah I dont hate the album, in fact I wrote a review of it you should check out. I just find the title track a big pile of lame.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
22.06.2007 - 15:44
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Fan-filmed videos footage of Motörhead's performance at the London's Royal Festival Hall have been posted at YouTube here.

Edit (01.07.07):
Another video footage of Motörhead performing 'Stay Clean' at the Monsters Of Rock festival (Spain) has been posted at YouTube here.
19.07.2007 - 12:39
Swanton Junkie
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 15.06.2007 at 01:01

Written by [user id=24359] on 15.06.2007 at 00:54

Written by [user id=10972] on 27.01.2007 at 14:25

Lemmy got an uniq voice. They will also play on the Sweden Rock Festival. They are playing Rock n Roll and not Metal.

Just because Lemmy sings about Rocking and Rolling in their songs does not mean they are rock n roll. They are heavy metal through and through. Chuck Shuldiner's later songs were about spiritual shit, and it is still considered death metal. Amon Amarth sings about viking ships, and they are still Melodic Death Metal.

Yeah I had that same discussion with that guy, if youll look back. And he said the reason he calls 'Head Rock N Roll is because Lemmy calls it rock n roll, youll notice he rarely uses any subgenres whatsoever, rarely using the term punk or metal, just calls it rock n roll.

Hmmmmm I Disagree an Agree I Don't Think There Heavy Metal an Then agen Wat Really are you Referin to wen You Say Heavy Metal Cos there Not Like the Early Bluesy Heavy metal (Such as Sabbath) an there Definitley not NWOBHM an if u Ask me i Wudnt Call them Metal at all its more Rock, not Rock an Roll (Despite This Being Lemmy Greatest Influence Musically, and them Writing a Cosiderable Amount of Rock an Roll Styled Songs) But Like if AC/DC can be Classed as 'Hard Rock' Then Thats What I'd Put 'Head into.

I Mean The First Albums was Definitley Heavier than Later Output It was Rock With a an Early Punk Speed Tinged to It, Its What Made the Different That Hard Rock Feel But, Like Lemmy, on Speed lol. Then the Mid Stuff Was a Giant Jumble up of Different Styles i.e. Rock an Roll had a Definite Rock an Roll Feel to it (No Shit Sherlock! ) But Albums Like Bastards Was Decididly Heavier than That. So Really I Wudnt Place them as Metal But Rock Slate me if U Want but Ye

Best Albums:
Rock and Roll
We Are Motorhead
Overkill
Inferno

O an For the Record Im One of the Biggest head Fans I No (Rnd by me Neway) Before U Try an Call me Stupid or Naive but... ACE OF SPADES IS A SHIT SONG its over played an simple there are so many amazing songs out there by motorhead an yet this is one song that everyone nos an everyones always like ooooo i Like Motorhead Ace of Spades is Great an Gaaaaa... Sorry rant over Lol
21.07.2007 - 19:48
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
They're awesome! very catchy, very ballsy, nice heavy metal/rock n' roll crossover! Makes me wanna grab a drink and rock out, I love the attitude! Awesome, it's sort ov like Venom except catchier

Lemmy is like the oldest guy in metal, he was a roadie for Jimi Hendrix
24.07.2007 - 09:49
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
France 24 conducted an interview with Mikkey Dee at the Montreux Jazz Festival (at Auditorium Stravinski in Montreux, Switzerland). You can watch the six-minute clip at YouTube here.
24.07.2007 - 09:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=160] on 21.07.2007 at 19:48

What he was?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.07.2007 - 19:38
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Next Saturday , in Seinäjoki I'm going to see the band
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
24.07.2007 - 21:37
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 24.07.2007 at 09:56

Written by [user id=160] on 21.07.2007 at 19:48

What he was?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemmy

^^ Yes , Read Early Career .
16.10.2007 - 20:22
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
David Farrier of New Zealand's TV3 spoke to Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister during the band's recent tour of Australia. You can watch the four-minute report at this location.
17.10.2007 - 04:08
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
^^ thanks, i'll check later
02.11.2007 - 01:42
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
damn I still didn't check yet

anyway I bought On Parole , I kind ov hate it haha........but I also bought Overkill which was pretty good
02.11.2007 - 06:33
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=160] on 02.11.2007 at 01:42

damn I still didn't check yet

anyway I bought On Parole , I kind ov hate it haha........but I also bought Overkill which was pretty good

I just made a trade with master_of_puppets for that EP, whats so bad about it?
----
- George Carlin
02.11.2007 - 14:06
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@Dr. Rock: I dunno, I don't like the sound, it doesn't sound like the powerful, speed/punk-esque Motorhead I'm used to.
03.11.2007 - 05:32
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=160] on 02.11.2007 at 14:06

@Dr. Rock: I dunno, I don't like the sound, it doesn't sound like the powerful, speed/punk-esque Motorhead I'm used to.

Yeah most of the songs are off the first album, which is far more laid back than the albums to follow, they didnt really start picking up a heavy sound until Overkill.
----
- George Carlin
03.11.2007 - 16:49
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
The song "Motorhead" was okay though, it's a Hawkwind cover
06.11.2007 - 10:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=160] on 03.11.2007 at 16:49

The song "Motorhead" was okay though, it's a Hawkwind cover

But Lemmy was in Hawkwind so ... he can use those songs
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.11.2007 - 14:49
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
@K7: i know, and he even wrote that song.
13.11.2007 - 06:54
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=160] on 02.11.2007 at 14:06

I actually found out that EP was actually recorded with the REAL original line-up of Larry Wallis, as well as Lucas Fox on some tracks, but the band changed before that was released, so it came out later as one of those "previously unreleased" things. so naturally it would have a different sound.
----
- George Carlin
16.11.2007 - 00:35
RhysTerk
Someone knows which songs they are gonna play when they are coming to Sweden next month?
16.11.2007 - 02:21
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Written by RhysTerk on 16.11.2007 at 00:35

Someone knows which songs they are gonna play when they are coming to Sweden next month?
What's a matter which songs ?? They are gonna play so loud that you are not gonna recognize any of the songs

But it's the feeling what counts -----> LEMMY IS IN THE HOUSE
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
17.11.2007 - 14:41
Smurfophagist
It's actually Motorhead's distinctive sound that makes the difference. They often turn their 'middle' knobs on their amps to the max. And when they start rockin' ,the ground shakes.
I heard that when they played in Berlin, windows on nearby buildings started to crack. Hell yeah!!!
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
17.11.2007 - 21:36
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=5829] on 19.07.2007 at 12:39

Lemmy got an uniq voice. They will also play on the Sweden Rock Festival. They are playing Rock n Roll and not Metal.

Just because Lemmy sings about Rocking and Rolling in their songs does not mean they are rock n roll. They are heavy metal through and through. Chuck Shuldiner's later songs were about spiritual shit, and it is still considered death metal. Amon Amarth sings about viking ships, and they are still Melodic Death Metal.

Yeah I had that same discussion with that guy, if youll look back. And he said the reason he calls 'Head Rock N Roll is because Lemmy calls it rock n roll, youll notice he rarely uses any subgenres whatsoever, rarely using the term punk or metal, just calls it rock n roll.

Hmmmmm I Disagree an Agree I Don't Think There Heavy Metal an Then agen Wat Really are you Referin to wen You Say Heavy Metal Cos there Not Like the Early Bluesy Heavy metal (Such as Sabbath) an there Definitley not NWOBHM an if u Ask me i Wudnt Call them Metal at all its more Rock, not Rock an Roll (Despite This Being Lemmy Greatest Influence Musically, and them Writing a Cosiderable Amount of Rock an Roll Styled Songs) But Like if AC/DC can be Classed as 'Hard Rock' Then Thats What I'd Put 'Head into.

I Mean The First Albums was Definitley Heavier than Later Output It was Rock With a an Early Punk Speed Tinged to It, Its What Made the Different That Hard Rock Feel But, Like Lemmy, on Speed lol. Then the Mid Stuff Was a Giant Jumble up of Different Styles i.e. Rock an Roll had a Definite Rock an Roll Feel to it (No Shit Sherlock! ) But Albums Like Bastards Was Decididly Heavier than That. So Really I Wudnt Place them as Metal But Rock Slate me if U Want but Ye

Best Albums:
Rock and Roll
We Are Motorhead
Overkill
Inferno

O an For the Record Im One of the Biggest head Fans I No (Rnd by me Neway) Before U Try an Call me Stupid or Naive but... ACE OF SPADES IS A SHIT SONG its over played an simple there are so many amazing songs out there by motorhead an yet this is one song that everyone nos an everyones always like ooooo i Like Motorhead Ace of Spades is Great an Gaaaaa... Sorry rant over Lol

Well, that message made absolutely no sense. But Ill see if what I derived from that series of grammatical errors and atrocious spelling is correct. 1. You cant tell me any of there material past 1995 on (and I am being generous here) are not metal. And yes, you do sound very stupid when you say 'Ace Of Spades' is shit, its a great song, not overrated but the only angering part is alot of people ignore the other music for that one song, it doesnt make the song any worse.
----
- George Carlin
18.11.2007 - 14:43
Smurfophagist
Written by Doc G. on 17.11.2007 at 21:36

Best Albums:
Rock and Roll
We Are Motorhead
Overkill
Inferno

Well, that message made absolutely no sense. But Ill see if what I derived from that series of grammatical errors and atrocious spelling is correct. 1. You cant tell me any of there material past 1995 on (and I am being generous here) are not metal. And yes, you do sound very stupid when you say 'Ace Of Spades' is shit, its a great song, not overrated but the only angering part is alot of people ignore the other music for that one song, it doesnt make the song any worse.

Well, of course, calling 'Ace Of Spades' a shit song sounds stupid. I know, I know, for a lot of people that is the only Motorhead song they ever heard, and they consider themselves die-hard Motorhead fans, but that is no reason to hate such a good song. The song might be slightly overrated, but, again, it is a great song.
What I do not agree with is that Motorhead is heavy metal 'through and through' . In my opinion, they are mostly hard rock. There is a big presence of heavy metal, but also of punk, although in a minimal amount.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
19.11.2007 - 00:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Smurfophagist on 18.11.2007 at 14:43

Written by Doc G. on 17.11.2007 at 21:36

Best Albums:
Rock and Roll
We Are Motorhead
Overkill
Inferno

Well, of course, calling 'Ace Of Spades' a shit song sounds stupid. I know, I know, for a lot of people that is the only Motorhead song they ever heard, and they consider themselves die-hard Motorhead fans, but that is no reason to hate such a good song. The song might be slightly overrated, but, again, it is a great song.
What I do not agree with is that Motorhead is heavy metal 'through and through' . In my opinion, they are mostly hard rock. There is a big presence of heavy metal, but also of punk, although in a minimal amount.

So? Theres heavy punk influences in almost every type of metal, does that mean we should start calling everything with a punk influence hard rock? You cant tell me tracks like 'In The Name Of Tragedy' 'Orgasmatron' 'Mean Machine' 'Eat the Gun' 'Dogs Of War' or 'Be My Baby' (or almost anything off of Kiss Of Death or Inferno for that matter) is only hard rock.
----
- George Carlin
19.11.2007 - 00:09
Warman
Erotic Stains
Never been a big fan of ther music, but I've always liked and respected them. Ace of Spades is one of the few radio songs I really like (they play it all the time here).
----
24.11.2007 - 14:22
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Headbanger's Blog has uploaded a podcast Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister. During the 30-minute interview, Lemmy discussed the current state of metal, chasing women, the band's next studio album, ....

You can click here for a direct MP3 download of the podcast interview with Lemmy Kilmister.
26.11.2007 - 03:12
bucky01403
Account deleted
Bought Kiss of Death today, and damn, I didn't expect it to be as good as it is. Are any other of their albums this consistent?
26.11.2007 - 07:21
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=19596] on 26.11.2007 at 03:12

Bought Kiss of Death today, and damn, I didn't expect it to be as good as it is. Are any other of their albums this consistent?

Yeah, Inferno (the one before KoD) and frankly, its just as heavy as KoD but I think its much much better (and thats saying alot, considering KoD is an awesome album).
----
- George Carlin
26.11.2007 - 23:51
bucky01403
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 26.11.2007 at 07:21

Written by [user id=19596] on 26.11.2007 at 03:12

Yeah, Inferno (the one before KoD) and frankly, its just as heavy as KoD but I think its much much better (and thats saying alot, considering KoD is an awesome album).

Yeah thast what I was planning on buying next, have wanted it for a while now. That or the new live album.

In the Name of Tragedy is probably my favorite Motorhead song. I also think its about time Motorhead rips out a twenty minuter.
27.11.2007 - 14:50
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
i love how Motorhead are so consistant, they've been releasing the same album since Overkill lol