Metal Storm logo
Favorite 'A Song Of Ice And Fire' Book (Warning: Spoiler thread!)

Poll

What is your favorite Song Of Ice And Fire Book?

A Storm Of Swords (2000)
A Game Of Thrones (1996)
A Clash Of Kings (1998)
A Feast For Crows (2005)

Total votes: 15
28.01.2007 - 22:13
APOHAKC
The Bard
I am big fan of this book, I think George R.R. Martin wrote real masterpiece and I can't wait for new book.
You can write your opinion of every book or your opinion of Martin's world generaly.
I would also be very interesting to hear your opinion what will happen in the next book.
So if you are fan of this book please write everything you want...
Have Fun!
[img]J:\Slike\Song Of Ice And Fire\A Clash Of Kings.jpg[/img] [img]J:\Slike\Song Of Ice And Fire\A Feast For Crows.jpg[/img]
[img]J:\Slike\Song Of Ice And Fire\A Game Of Thrones.jpg[/img] [img]J:\Slike\Song Of Ice And Fire\A Storm Of Swords.jpg[/img]
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
29.01.2007 - 04:12
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
wow another fan

I love this series so much,, I really cannot say which book is better than the other, they're all good

What I want to know of the next book is where did Tyrion Lannister disappear to?!
And what happened at the wall after Jon Snow took Maester Aemon and the baby out of there? and how come the Melisandre did not see that coming?!
And did Arya really go blind? And where did Osha take Rickon to?
And did the white harbour really beheaded Davos Seaworth?

The books are very addictive, and well written.
Will the fifth one be out this summer?
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
29.01.2007 - 20:53
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, this is great book and I also couldn't choose any of books
It is so well written that I really can't even think about answers to your questions, my opinion is that Melisandere is not so powerful she looks, and I also think Aria is not blind but that is only one condition of her current state and learnings, I also thnk that Davos is alive... but I can't explain why, to any of this opinions.
Martin said that the book will be ready until summer, at least first part of it, have you seen some pics various artist work, all the drawing ae based to characters from the book, they are real awesome.
----
30.01.2007 - 12:46
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
Yeah I have seen those drawings they're good

Do you have a theory already of whom Jon Snow's parents are?
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
30.01.2007 - 19:39
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, I heard it few days ago in the pub, my friend read on internet some theory that he is son of mad king and Stark lady I forgot her name , and he said that it is logical because Robert sturted rebellion because he was in love with her, what s logical, and when they fought white guard and came into chamber they saw dead queen with other kids and one kid was alive, John?, then Edard took it and said he is his bastard. My english is not my better side so I had some difficulties to wrote all of this correctly and how would I like but you know what I am talking about.
Have you heard that Martin sold copyright to some fancy channel, and they will make series about Song Of Ice and Fire, they starting to make it and it will be 12 episodes in the first season, it will be about A Game Of Thrones, I can't wait, I just hope they won't screw something
----
31.01.2007 - 04:23
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
You must be kidding me!!

No I have not heard that he sold the copyright to a TV channel!! to tell you the truth, when i first read the book i wanted it to be played on TV not in the cinema because on TV they will have more time which means more details and less stuff thrown out of the book!! I can't wait to see it.. do you by any chance know the TV channel name?

I have the same theory as yours, but it kinda grew stronger as I was reading the books, but I do not think that Jon is a bastard, but his is a prince,, I think that Rhaegar was not mad, but fell in love with Lyanna Stark, and she loved him in return and ran away with him,, she was not in love with Robert,, that's why there were white guards guarding the tower,, to protect the future prince,, and you do remember that the Targaryen unlike other families can marry 2.
----
Ser Jorah Mormont
31.01.2007 - 19:12
APOHAKC
The Bard
I am not quite sure, I will ask friend, I know it is the house who create Rome, and it is one of my favorite series, it have 12 episodes in first serial and they are all great... So it is high production house, I will ask him so I will tell you then, it is much better to make a seria than a movie, imagine 12 episodes of Songs Of Ice And Fire a game of thrones...

Yes, I have similar opinion, it is quite logical, can't wait what will be with Denneris and Tyrion...
Martin rejected to give the releas date cause he was giving three and then denied them, so he didn't wanted to give another one and then cancel it, I am discoureged by this, it may mean that he is still writting and that we can see book in stores maybe even on autumn...

Is it possible that no one is reading this book ? ? ?
----
01.02.2007 - 04:13
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
Written by APOHAKC on 31.01.2007 at 19:12

Is it possible that no one is reading this book ? ? ?

I am pretty sure others read/ are reading the books, but did not see this thread

High production series? I am impressed, It could be either Showtime or HBO (I have not seen Rome, so i do not know which TV Network it was on)

Hey What do you think will happen to Theon Greyjoy? I don not recall that he was mentioned in the 4th book
----
Ser Jorah Mormont
12.02.2007 - 01:15
APOHAKC
The Bard
Hey, new release date for the book, 1 June, for me probably 1 July until they translate the book on Serbian, I can't wait...
----
24.02.2007 - 14:31
Golden Wing
Wow! I noticed this thread only now, but only 2 people are in discussion here - no good
And where did you get that info that "Dance..." will be released on 1 June? According to Martin web-site "Dance.." is not ready yet.. but is close to it...
But nevertheless, I was waiting for official translation of "Feast..." in Russian for 2 (!!!) years!!! Next time I'll be wiser and read original version...

So, as for poll, I also cannot choose between three first books, but I voted for "A game of thrones" as it is the first book, the book, with which all these begun, I mean this book made me read the rest ones.
"Feast..." wasn't so brilliant as previous books; for me it's some king of prologue for "The Dance..."
I think that's all for now.
And yes, we can discuss as long as we can how this saga will end. But I'm sure that the ending won't be predictable... Most everyone's sure that Deni will return to Westeros and become a queen, but it's too obvious and I guess Martin cannot do that. I mean, from last book I didn't expect that Jemmy would become so noble, and Brienna would die and Arya get blind...
24.02.2007 - 20:27
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Golden Wing on 24.02.2007 at 14:31

Wow! I noticed this thread only now, but only 2 people are in discussion here - no good
And where did you get that info that "Dance..." will be released on 1 June? According to Martin web-site "Dance.." is not ready yet.. but is close to it...
But nevertheless, I was waiting for official translation of "Feast..." in Russian for 2 (!!!) years!!! Next time I'll be wiser and read original version...

So, as for poll, I also cannot choose between three first books, but I voted for "A game of thrones" as it is the first book, the book, with which all these begun, I mean this book made me read the rest ones.
"Feast..." wasn't so brilliant as previous books; for me it's some king of prologue for "The Dance..."
I think that's all for now.
And yes, we can discuss as long as we can how this saga will end. But I'm sure that the ending won't be predictable... Most everyone's sure that Deni will return to Westeros and become a queen, but it's too obvious and I guess Martin cannot do that. I mean, from last book I didn't expect that Jemmy would become so noble, and Brienna would die and Arya get blind...

Yeee, another fan, now there are three of us!!!

I saw the date on yahoo home page, but Martin said that he don't want to give release dates anymore... I hope the book will be out very soon!
----
25.02.2007 - 05:12
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
I don't think Brienne died! I think it was only a cliffhanger to the chapter.. Maybe in book 5 or 6 will know how it is going to go.. but remember that when they were in the process of hanging her she said "one word" ? well I am thinking that one word might have saved her
----
Ser Jorah Mormont
25.02.2007 - 13:04
APOHAKC
The Bard
I was very sad when she died, she was so cool charachter, I would like that she is alive but one friend of mine is also sharing your opinion that she is not dead, he also thinks that she will be one of the most important characters for the whole book, well for the first one I can believe but for the second... but who knows. I can't wait to see what happend to Tyrion Lanister, that little motherfucker
----
28.02.2007 - 10:23
Golden Wing
I think it's quite logical that Brienne died. In many cities of Westeros she's known as a perjurer. Moreover, as she had such ugly appearance that noone could fall in love with her, only dirty men want to rape her. In fact, she had no future...
Then, Catelyn is really mad that I can't see any reasons why she could save Brienne life.

But everything is possible. I even read some rumors in russian fan-zone that Ned Stark is alive!

And as for that little "motherfucker" (no, better say "mother slayer") there's an abstract about him on Martin official page
28.02.2007 - 16:05
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
OK Ned alive? Now this is really stretching it!!

but Brienne is a bit more logical, and i think Jaime has some affections for her (so not only dirty men want to rape her)

off topic: there is a heavy metal band called Winterfell and they sing about the books!! Cool ha?
----
Ser Jorah Mormont
28.02.2007 - 20:48
Golden Wing
Ned was such good character, so fair, that noone of readers wanted his death.. So that's how rumors appeared.

I also noticed that though Jaime abused Brienne, he felt something to her (remember that accident with bear).. Maybe they could marry one day

I know that band Winterfell, but I still haven't found the lyrics of their songs. I'm very disappointed that there are lots of bands that base their lyrics on Tolkien's books, and only one that sings about Martin's.. The last are not less interesting then Tolkien's...
28.02.2007 - 23:20
APOHAKC
The Bard
Hey Bararey, how do they sound like, and it is not offtopic cause it is related with book
This is offtopic: My friend is selling his car, Nissan, old 12 years, in good condition, he passed 12 000 km, price negotiatable

Back to topic, I also think that Briena is alive, I don't have any logical explanation why, but it would suck if she is really dead and about raping, when someone want to rape, it doesn't matter if he is ugly, cause he won't ask girl, hey I am ugly, is it ok to rape you? And think that Jaime have some feelings for Brienne, but he is not very handsome now, he miss his hand...

That theory that Ned is alive is very interesting, but I can't see how it is possible, I mean his head and everything, but it is Martin, you can never know with him...

btw. who is yours favorite dead carachter?

@Golden_Wing - thanx for information and very inspirative epitets about Tyrion
----
01.03.2007 - 04:47
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
The lyrics to their songs is found at metal-archives.com

Favorite dead character?

Sandor Clegane He was such complicated character! and i was very sad when he died, he was the bad guy that i sympathized with!

I also miss Jeor Mormont, he was such a good commander to the Wall,, i was glad he survived the attack in the Fist of the First Men, but only to be killed for FOOD at Craster's Keep!! now that sucks!!
----
Ser Jorah Mormont
01.03.2007 - 13:34
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah, I was also very sorry when Sendor died, half of me still believes that he is alive but it would be just too much... And Mormont... yeah, it was really stupid death, but that is why I love Martin...
----
02.03.2007 - 15:05
Golden Wing
I miss Igritt. She is the most attractive character for me and I find her the most... hmm... life-loving person... so to say...
05.03.2007 - 02:34
APOHAKC
The Bard
I think that first episode is almost done, anyone knows something about this???
----
05.03.2007 - 15:47
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
I really doubt it! According to GRRM
Quote:
I appreciate all the casting suggestions too, but guys, you're getting way way WAY ahead of yourselves. Developing a television series is a long and time-consuming process, and we're just getting started here. We only closed the deal a couple of days ago.
and that was posted 17 Jan 07, so I do not think they have even started their first episode yet.

Hey any guesses on where Rickon was taken too with Osha? (yeah i know this thing is bugging me!)
----
Ser Jorah Mormont
14.03.2007 - 12:49
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Im a total freak abount this series (and Epic Fantasy). I cant tell, all books are great.. I think "A Feast for Crows" and only cause of thath Arianna Martel's chapter, it send shivers down my spine everytime I read it (I read the book twice, but that chapter something like 10 times... )
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
03.04.2007 - 03:47
APOHAKC
The Bard
Wow, another fan of this book, great we can make a fun club...
Hey Telcontar have you read Serbian or English translation, Serbian is prrety good for change, usually they suck...
Ricon... hmmm... I don't have any logical ideas, Osha is really misterious, at least to me, they could be anywhere, but I doubt they are far from North...
----
20.06.2007 - 20:21
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
I have just started reading this series - so I skipped a lot of the posts in case they gave away too much plot.

I have to say that A Game Of Thrones is one of the best books I have read in a long time.
The characters are all very well written and I like the way the plot moves along with each chapter being told from a different persons point of view.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
20.06.2007 - 23:55
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by hanna of steel on 20.06.2007 at 20:21

I have just started reading this series - so I skipped a lot of the posts in case they gave away too much plot.

I have to say that A Game Of Thrones is one of the best books I have read in a long time.
The characters are all very well written and I like the way the plot moves along with each chapter being told from a different persons point of view.

Glad you like it, enjoy the other books, they are as great as first part.
----
21.06.2007 - 00:00
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
Yay! hanna you'll be another ASOIAF fan

So how far are you in reading the 1st book? who is you fav character? and what do you think is happening so far?

PS, good you skipped all those posts, they were indeed spoilers
----
Ser Jorah Mormont
21.06.2007 - 00:09
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by Bararey on 21.06.2007 at 00:00

Yay! hanna you'll be another ASOIAF fan

So how far are you in reading the 1st book? who is you fav character? and what do you think is happening so far?

PS, good you skipped all those posts, they were indeed spoilers

I finished reading it last night.
I will start the second one later , if I don't fall asleep.

My favourite character is Jon Snow.
I have a feeling he is going to be rather important to the story , although I could be wrong.
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
21.06.2007 - 03:23
APOHAKC
The Bard
I am burning from the desire to tell you everything lol

Anyway, join the club of Jon's fans Many people I know likes him the most, princess Denneris have many fans too, the most hated characters by my friends are Cathylin and princ Geofry, sorry for bad spelling of names lol
----
21.06.2007 - 20:12
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
And Arya has a fan base too

oh God, can't remember who's Price Geofry! (remind me, I left my books in Kuwait!)

PS, Any updates on the HBO show?
----
Ser Jorah Mormont