Metal Storm logo
Sleep - Streaming New Song

A new Sleep song? Yes, that is indeed true. This is the first new material from the stoner metal band in 10 years, which premiered today. Listen to their new single "The Clarity" through the Soundcloud player below. It's 10 minutes of new music. So, just go ahead and enjoy it.

"The Clarity" is part of Adult Swim's singles series and will be available as a free download on July 21st. Sleep members say that "The Clarity" has inspired a new full-length album.

Did you enjoy that?

Single Artwork

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Sleep
Posted: 18.07.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 38   Visited by: 155 users
18.07.2014 - 23:56
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
It's good, and with a nice dose of Om in there too.
19.07.2014 - 00:02
Ilham
Giant robot
Let's not even talk about the artwork.
19.07.2014 - 00:03
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Ok: it's really nice.
19.07.2014 - 00:23
Lokaeda
Account deleted
A happy, I has.
19.07.2014 - 01:04
Ocean Sage
Not very good artwork, I love the song itself, but the production could be a lot better. It's what I've been waiting for, so there.
19.07.2014 - 01:29
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Pretty damn good, I'm hearing a heavy Om element as well, which I'm not sure I'm alright with or not. Maybe it needs to sound more like Sleep, don't know entirely how I feel on that one. Overall pretty good track, and I like that "less is more" approach of the artwork.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
19.07.2014 - 01:29
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Ocean Sage on 19.07.2014 at 01:04

Not very good artwork, I love the song itself, but the production could be a lot better. It's what I've been waiting for, so there.

Let me guess. You are a fan of the band.

Why don't you like the artwork? The sole fact it must have been done with an airbrush, or a very well done computer-generated airbrush effect, makes it look ten times better than what we are used to see. The colours are stunning as well.
19.07.2014 - 02:03
Rupert
Were Jerusalem and Dopesmoker not new material at the times of their releases? I like the song and art regardless.
19.07.2014 - 02:10
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Rupert on 19.07.2014 at 02:03

Were Jerusalem and Dopesmoker not new material at the times of their releases? I like the song and art regardless.

Yeah surely that should say 10 years and not 20.
19.07.2014 - 02:33
Mattybu
I don't like the artwork other than the stairs. Can't go wrong with stairs though.
19.07.2014 - 02:35
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Mattybu on 19.07.2014 at 02:33

Can't go wrong with stairs though.

You've obviously never fallen down any ._.
19.07.2014 - 02:39
Mattybu
Written by Guest on 19.07.2014 at 02:35

Oh I have. But at the end of the day I look at them and say, I can forgive you, just minding your own business, sitting there. I still love you, stairs.

But to further explain my reasoning the artwork can't decide between being something totally abstract and cool or something totally recognizable and cool.
19.07.2014 - 02:50
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Mattybu on 19.07.2014 at 02:39

But to further explain my reasoning the artwork can't decide between being something totally abstract and cool or something totally recognizable and cool.

I know I'm a hipster art fag, but . If it looks cool, it just looks cool haha. But It's ok if you don't like it .
19.07.2014 - 02:51
Lit.
Account deleted
THEY WARNED ME BOUT STAIRS, DAWG. I MIND THE STAIRS.

I've never been a fan of Om, but I love Sleep. I'll listen to this later.
19.07.2014 - 02:56
Mattybu
Written by Ilham on 19.07.2014 at 02:50

Written by Mattybu on 19.07.2014 at 02:39

I know I'm a hipster art fag, but . If it looks cool, it just looks cool haha. But It's ok if you don't like it .

No what I meant was, it doesn't commit to being other of those things, and as a result doesn't look that cool.

I'm not that pretentious dumbshit whose gonna say I don't like something that I think looks cool
19.07.2014 - 03:05
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Mattybu on 19.07.2014 at 02:56
No what I meant was, it doesn't commit to being other of those things, and as a result doesn't look that cool.

I'm not that pretentious dumbshit whose gonna say I don't like something that I think looks cool

Haha. Ok. But everything doesn't have to be totally abstract or totally figurative. The in-betweens like this open up the image for interpretation and concepts . Please stop me.
19.07.2014 - 03:09
Ocean Sage
Written by Ilham on 19.07.2014 at 01:29

Written by Ocean Sage on 19.07.2014 at 01:04

Why don't you like the artwork? The sole fact it must have been done with an airbrush, or a very well done computer-generated airbrush effect, makes it look ten times better than what we are used to see. The colours are stunning as well.

Of course I love Sleep, it's a good song, so I said so, man. The artwork is pretty basic, abstract, but if you like that that's cool. I just love actual paintings and such like what Arik Roper has done with Sleep, High On Fire and so on. The colors are nice and the design is solid though as a former student of graphic design. I guess I would have just prefered a drawn album cover. It's kind of nice to look at after awhile. Maybe better than what we've seen for Electric Wizard's new cover.
19.07.2014 - 03:11
Ocean Sage
Wait a second, this is just the cover for the single, right? The actual upcoming album will have it's own artwork, yes? That's fine then. I guess this makes sense for a song called "The Clarity," like you're walking the staircase to wisdom, enlightenment or an epiphany of the truth.
19.07.2014 - 03:14
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Ocean Sage on 19.07.2014 at 03:09

Of course I love Sleep, it's a good song, so I said so, man. The artwork is pretty basic, abstract, but if you like that that's cool. I just love actual paintings and such like what Arik Roper has done with Sleep, High On Fire and so on. The colors are nice and the design is solid though as a former student of graphic design. I guess I would have just prefered a drawn album cover. It's kind of nice to look at after awhile. Maybe better than what we've seen for Electric Wizard's new cover.

I think you missed the sarcastic joke about your username .
Okay, I was just curious.
19.07.2014 - 03:17
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Ocean Sage on 19.07.2014 at 03:11
Wait a second, this is just the cover for the single, right? The actual upcoming album will have it's own artwork, yes? That's fine then. I guess this makes sense for a song called "The Clarity," like you're walking the staircase to wisdom, enlightenment or an epiphany of the truth.

Yep, that's how I see it. The album artwork should be in the same vein if they don't want to piss me off and have some regularity .
19.07.2014 - 03:25
Ocean Sage
Written by Ilham on 19.07.2014 at 03:14

Written by Ocean Sage on 19.07.2014 at 03:09

I think you missed the sarcastic joke about your username .
Okay, I was just curious.

I saw a joke and chose to respond all sassy.
Looking at it some more, I think it's passable and at least it isn't ugly or horrible. (Looks at every power metal cover).
19.07.2014 - 03:26
Ocean Sage
Written by Ilham on 19.07.2014 at 03:17

Written by Ocean Sage on 19.07.2014 at 03:11

Yep, that's how I see it. The album artwork should be in the same vein if they don't want to piss me off and have some regularity .

Yeah, there'll probably be a different album cover if other bands throughout history show anything. It may have similar motifs, but album cover tend to be somewhat different than their single counterparts. It'll probably be cool, I'm not worried.

P.S. If those two pictures in your profile are really you from a few years ago, you're lovely. (Not trying to be creepy)
19.07.2014 - 03:26
Mattybu
Written by Ilham on 19.07.2014 at 03:05

Written by Mattybu on 19.07.2014 at 02:56

Haha. Ok. But everything doesn't have to be totally abstract or totally figurative. The in-betweens like this open up the image for interpretation and concepts . Please stop me.

I KNOW I KNOW it's just not for me, this particular piece. If I knew it was actually possible to stop you, I might try.
19.07.2014 - 03:30
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Mattybu on 19.07.2014 at 03:26

I KNOW I KNOW it's just not for me, this particular piece. If I knew it was actually possible to stop you, I might try.

God I'm turning into the female Joe, harassing people with what they know. I just did. There.
19.07.2014 - 05:42
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 19.07.2014 at 02:10
Yeah surely that should say 10 years and not 20.

Fixed. Will suggest to members of the news team to consider using online calculators prior to publishing articles.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.07.2014 - 06:33
Rupert
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.07.2014 at 05:42

Fixed. Will suggest to members of the news team to consider using online calculators prior to publishing articles.

They can be a bit tricky.
19.07.2014 - 06:55
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Elite
Written by Guest on 19.07.2014 at 02:35

Where's Marcel when we need him?
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
19.07.2014 - 07:21
Grind Magus
Weak Cunt
My god this is amazing. Loving that some of them sounds like Om.
19.07.2014 - 07:27
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Really good song, some parts of the riffs remind me of Dopesmoker.
19.07.2014 - 08:36
Machiavelli
Account deleted
I've been listening to so much stoner/doom/psychedelic shit lately with all the bands on bandcamp and shit, there is just mountains of it. The strange thing is that is really is a niche area of metal and there are few bands that can put together tours. We don't even have a local Stoner band here in Seattle that I like so I never go see stoner shows... which seems contrary to what one would expect. I thought this tune was good but nothing more. Good to see that these guys can still get together and create. I hope they are doing it for just that reason and not money.

Hits total: 3812 | This month: 10