Metal Storm logo
Opeth - 'Pale Communion' Streaming In Full

Proggers Opeth's upcoming album, Pale Communion, is now available for streaming at Pitchfork Advance ahead of its release. Click on the link to get access to the full album! After you do, share your thoughts and impressions about the music. How would you rate the album?

Pale Communion, Opeth's 11th studio album, is set to be released in a few days via Roadrunner Records.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Opeth
Posted: 19.08.2014 by Fallen Ghost

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 25   Visited by: 284 users
19.08.2014 - 19:40
Electes
Welp, there goes my afternoon. *crawls under rock with headphones on*
19.08.2014 - 19:43
Lit.
Account deleted
Never thought I'd post this on an Opeth thread again, but what the hell?

19.08.2014 - 19:44
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
It was 'streaming' in full a month ago
19.08.2014 - 19:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Did listen when it was leaked
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.08.2014 - 19:56
SceneryOfLoss
Leaked and now it's streaming and I still haven't found courage to listen to it...
19.08.2014 - 20:13
Lethrokai
Welp, listened when it leaked, so I'll just say the same thing I said back then.
Overall, it's a good album. Hardly special, but an alright listen.
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.
19.08.2014 - 20:17
seafood
Was listening to the leaked one on and off during the week, and now, after a few spins I'm beginning to really enjoy it. It has the sound that I expected from Heritage when I first heard they were going down the prog-rock route - this one is still more prog than metal, but it has that Opeth vibe, buildups and melodies that I missed in their previous release. Overall, it has surpassed my expectations.
19.08.2014 - 20:34
Lord_Agony
Written by SceneryOfLoss on 19.08.2014 at 19:56

Leaked and now it's streaming and I still haven't found courage to listen to it...

It actually the most "meh" thing to exist in a long time so you won't be surprised nor disappointed
19.08.2014 - 20:50
Nimlot
A. Reader
I actually can't get over how much I love Moon Above, Sun Below to move past it and listen to the rest of the album.
19.08.2014 - 21:13
Written by Nimlot on 19.08.2014 at 20:50

I actually can't get over how much I love Moon Above, Sun Below to move past it and listen to the rest of the album.

That and Faith in Others are the album highlights, I think. Great tracks.
19.08.2014 - 21:33
BehzadSh
Written by SceneryOfLoss on 19.08.2014 at 19:56

If you don't expect too much, you may enjoy this album
And if you like progressive rock, you may love it

personally I have mixed feeling about this album, but in total this is good album
----
http://www.last.fm/user/behzadsh
19.08.2014 - 21:41
BehzadSh
Written by HitokiriNate85 on 19.08.2014 at 21:13

Written by Nimlot on 19.08.2014 at 20:50

That and Faith in Others are the album highlights, I think. Great tracks.

totally agreed

"Moon Above, Sun Below" has a dark and evil mood
----
http://www.last.fm/user/behzadsh
19.08.2014 - 23:35
Boring, I will play this song to my son to get him sleep.
20.08.2014 - 00:09
Opethian
You should read what 'TRUE OPETH FANS' are saying about it on their FB. What a joke
20.08.2014 - 05:11
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Opethian on 20.08.2014 at 00:09

You should read what 'TRUE OPETH FANS' are saying about it on their FB. What a joke

What are they saying? Is their response mostly positive or negative, or mixed?
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
20.08.2014 - 05:22
GeneticFreak
Nothing special in my opinion, especially for Opeth's standards. The only two songs I actually liked were Cusp of Eternity and Faith in Others.
Nothing really memorable about this album for me. Not amazing or terrible, just boring overall.
For me the best thing was the vocals, good performance.
20.08.2014 - 09:20
toxx
Supreme being
Started streaming on Wimp yesterday too. (Norwegian equivalent to spotify)

Good album in my opinion. I liked it a lot!
20.08.2014 - 10:48
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
It's all down to expectations. If you want another Blackwater Park, you will dislike the album. If you want simply to listen to music, without expectations and prejudice, you may notice that this album is quite good.

That's the whole problem. People somehow assume that a band is their property and that the band is supposed to deliver the music they want to hear. How arrogant.
20.08.2014 - 17:48
Opethian
Written by Ace Frawley on 20.08.2014 at 05:11

Written by Opethian on 20.08.2014 at 00:09

What are they saying? Is their response mostly positive or negative, or mixed?

They're throwing the word Masterpiece around effortlessly. I've been a huge fan ever since i picked up Still Life and Deliverance at the record store. I just dont understand this phase that Mikeal has been going through for years now. Once i heard 'Storm Corrosion' and his departure from Bloodbath. All of my hopes and admiration started to go down the Shitter so to speak. Mikeal should have released both Heritage and this new album as a Solo release and kept Opeth going on strong. That's my opinion
20.08.2014 - 17:51
Opethian
Written by Daniell on 20.08.2014 at 10:48

It's all down to expectations. If you want another Blackwater Park, you will dislike the album. If you want simply to listen to music, without expectations and prejudice, you may notice that this album is quite good.

That's the whole problem. People somehow assume that a band is their property and that the band is supposed to deliver the music they want to hear. How arrogant.

Its a 2 way street. So what your telling me is that any band can release anything that they want and expect it to be Praised?? This phase that Opeth has been on has been somewhat depressing. My simple opinion and i wasn't trying to 'Flame' you or anything like that. Just voicing my thoughts
20.08.2014 - 21:53
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
If you want simply to listen to music, without expectations and prejudice, you may notice that this album is quite good.

You may also notice that it sucks.

Assuming people are expecting another Blackwater Park as the only reason they don't enjoy the album is what I call arrogant.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.08.2014 - 22:29
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.08.2014 at 21:53

If you want simply to listen to music, without expectations and prejudice, you may notice that this album is quite good.

You may also notice that it sucks.

I listened to it without any expectations especially due to Heritage and indeed the new one still sucks. Not as bad as Heritage but still crapp
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.08.2014 - 22:54
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.08.2014 at 21:53

Assuming people are expecting another Blackwater Park as the only reason they don't enjoy the album is what I call arrogant.

Most people are unhappy because Opeth stopped playing metal and judge their music from that perspective. My point still stands.
It's not arrogance, it's observation.

Does it suck? I dont know. I'm not too happy with the album either, but "sucks" is a bit strong.
21.08.2014 - 19:38
NocturnalStalker
Metal Addict
I'm pretty sure lots of people hated this album even before they listened to it. Well, it's their choice.
As for me, I like Pale Communion. I was expecting more from it, but, knowing Opeth, I'm sure that there's still a lot to discover and unearth.
My favourite tracks for the moment: Moon Above, Sun Below; Voice of Treason.
----
"And we are not who we think we are
We are who we're afraid to be"
- Lux Occulta "The Opening of Eleventh Sephirah"
21.08.2014 - 21:27
Erik M.
Written by Lord_Agony on 19.08.2014 at 20:34

It actually the most "meh" thing to exist in a long time so you won't be surprised nor disappointed

Yeah, I indeed wasn't surprised or disappointed by it. But I would still say it's good. Inferior to everything they did except for Heritage.

Hits total: 3187 | This month: 5