Metal Storm logo
New Album Recommendations 2015

Original post

Posted by Alex F, 01.12.2014 - 19:17
I've already seen a bunch of 2015 releases being announced, and even streaming in full in some locations, so I figured I'd go ahead and create a place for those releases to be posted. To start we'll have the new Swamp Witch album The Slithering Bog. It's a sludge filled doom album that simply slays, and is streaming in its' entirety on the Swamp Witch bandcamp page. The official release date (for the physical versions) is February 20th, 2015.

12.12.2014 - 14:30
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ilham on 12.12.2014 at 14:26

I, Coathanger records.

I'm going to use that to the point where Nathan hates me now.
12.12.2014 - 14:50
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Some pretty sweet sounding blackened sloodge. The ending of the track is pretty immense. Will definitely keep an ear out for this.

And some very standard but rather nice sounding death metals. Probably good for people who moan about the wacky state of death metal these days. Sort of reminds me of Benighted. Art by Dan Seagrave too. I want to be buried at sea as well.
13.12.2014 - 22:47
Paz
Elite
This is gonna be great...Icelandic BM. Thanks to Neachy (if memory serves) for the heads up!

PS. The price is hilarious
13.12.2014 - 22:56
no one
Account deleted
I mysrelf am looking forward to "Alda - passage", and hypothermia of course
15.12.2014 - 05:04
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Paz on 13.12.2014 at 22:47

This is gonna be great...Icelandic BM. Thanks to Neachy (if memory serves) for the heads up
PS. The price is hilarious

This sounds really good. I wonder if anyone has actually bought it at that price lol
17.12.2014 - 14:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Just finished my second spin of
Desolate Shrine - The Heart of the Netherworld

Goddamned motherfucker, end of year list material already coming at you early 2015.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.12.2014 - 15:30
mz
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.12.2014 at 14:14

Goddamned motherfucker, end of year list material already coming at you early 2015.

Shit . I'm jeloud
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
18.12.2014 - 01:00
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Damn, this sounds hugely promising. French so-called "post" black metal. Getting distinct DsO, BaN vibes, as you usually do these days (let's just call it "modern"), but it has a strong-as-fvck sound and the available song sounds varied and nuanced, almost industrialised at points.

18.12.2014 - 03:25
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.12.2014 at 14:14

Marcel you bastard! Haha I am so looking forward to that album. Nice to hear it's as fantastic as I hope. How does it compare with their previous outputs
18.12.2014 - 08:30
mz
Hardcore/ Metal:

Hopeless-Human

I don't know anything about hardcore so do not expect to see any description, except that I really like this one :p
----
18.12.2014 - 10:30
Candlemass
Defaeco
Angra - Storm of Emotions

They just got a little heavier. Nice material.
18.12.2014 - 11:46
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by mz on 18.12.2014 at 08:30

Hardcore/ Metal:

Hopeless-Human

I don't know anything about hardcore so do not expect to see any description, except that I really like this one :p

Yeah JN gave me a Washed Up Records link earlier this week, and I promised myself I'd explore more, and this one first because it had the best cover, thanks for reminding me. Because it's cool, promising stuff. Just to help you understand what you listened to, this actually has a lot of post-hardcore in it, especially the second, fourth and fifth song. If you like this kind of stuff I have a couple recs to give you.
18.12.2014 - 11:52
mz
Written by Ilham on 18.12.2014 at 11:46

Yeah JN gave me a Washed Up Records link earlier this week, and I promised myself I'd explore more, and this one first because it had the best cover, thanks for reminding me. Because it's cool, promising stuff. Just to help you understand what you listened to, this actually has a lot of post-hardcore in it, especially the second, fourth and fifth song. If you like this kind of stuff I have a couple recs to give you.

Thanks for the information, any I'd be gladd if you toss a a few recommendatiins, thanks
----
18.12.2014 - 11:55
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Speaking of -core, a new thing due out on Throat Ruiner. Sounds rather lovely. Sounds like a mix of black metal, post-metal or post-hardcore perhaps. Meandering and epic.

18.12.2014 - 12:07
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by [user id=4365] on 18.12.2014 at 11:55

Speaking of -core, a new thing due out on Throat Ruiner. Sounds rather lovely. Sounds like a mix of black metal, post-metal or post-hardcore perhaps. Meandering and epic.

Death Engine - Mud[/center]

As you can imagine, it's been in my review queue for a little while. I put their EP in my second list, it's one of the most promising bands in that label. You should listen to the EP Joe, but its recommended for anyone who likes intense dissonant bm+hardcore, and its download is free.

I don't know if they changed in their full length, I didn't check the page in a while, maybe there are some previews available. I'd say it's black/sludge and hardcore/post-hardcore indeed.
18.12.2014 - 12:08
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ilham on 18.12.2014 at 12:07

As you can imagine, it's been in my review queue for a little while. I put their EP in my second list, it's one of the most promising bands in that label. You should listen to the EP Joe, but its recommended for who likes intense dissonant bm+hardcore, and its download is free.

I don't know if they changed in their full length, I didn't check the page in a while, maybe there are some previews available. I'd say it's black/sludge and hardcore/post-hardcore indeed.

I'll probably check that out now tbh, I've listened to that new song a few times already.
18.12.2014 - 12:09
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by mz on 18.12.2014 at 11:52

Thanks for the information, any I'd be gladd if you toss a a few recommendatiins, thanks

Okay, let's try this, some emotional post-hardcore, but with cojones, okay? : http://tinyurl.com/p6ckqzr
18.12.2014 - 12:17
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by [user id=4365] on 18.12.2014 at 12:08

I'll probably check that out now tbh, I've listened to that new song a few times already.

I hate spoiling myself before the release of an album I am highly anticipating, but I couldn't resist. Sounds massive already. I was already a fan after hearing that short EP, but now I'm going to stalk the shit out of them until they disband or die in a car crash.
18.12.2014 - 12:18
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ilham on 18.12.2014 at 12:17

I hate spoiling myself before the release of an album I am highly anticipating, but I couldn't resist. Sounds massive already. I was already a fan after hearing that short EP, but now I'm going to stalk the shit out of them until they disband or die in a car crash.

I look forward to reading about you in blabbermouth. I'll bring you chocolate in prison.
18.12.2014 - 19:58
no one
Account deleted
I know everybody on ms will just be frothing for the new Nocturnal Depression 'Spleen black metal'
24.12.2014 - 13:08
Ilham
Giant robot
I'm waiting for that Defaced album to be streaming or something, because I have a feeling I'm going to love it. Exactly my kind of dm. Call Of The Void sounds like something I'd love as well. Come on release your albums already.
24.12.2014 - 13:18
Ilham
Giant robot
Also, Mahdi, you Troyed your facebook account, so I couldn't link you to this:

24.12.2014 - 15:37
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Man, it's been ages since I've been here. Been super busy with the bands. Releasing two albums next year. I will link them here once they're out

It's always nice to come back here and get some new music reccos
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
27.12.2014 - 12:15
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
New Aderlating record set for February.

Quite decent sounding little epic doom number. Full EP up already, and has a Warning cover on it too (rather verbatim though).

And a couple of rather nice sounding blackened, deathy doom tracks from upcoming albums, from Netherlands and UK, respectively

27.12.2014 - 13:32
mz
Written by Ilham on 24.12.2014 at 13:18

Also, Mahdi, you Troyed your facebook account, so I couldn't link you to this:

Thank you
----
01.01.2015 - 22:54
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
New Tort album streaming. Remember not liking their debut too much but this sounds decent. Sample laden death sludge doom, or something to that effect. Heavy.

02.01.2015 - 00:47
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Think I just stumbled on the death metal album that everyone is going to be foaming at the mouth over by the end of the year. Deliciously old-school.

02.01.2015 - 00:59
Ilham
Giant robot
I am either building myself a taste for osdm or this is just one of many coincidences. Shit's good yo! ^
02.01.2015 - 01:03
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
It's really epic and thrashy innit. Even the overlong intro doesn't bother me too much.
02.01.2015 - 01:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Have heard it a couple of times over the past two weeks and it is quite good. A step forwards from their debut.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996