Metal Storm logo
Shining - Premiere New Song, Share New Album Art

Today is the day Shining are premiering the first song off their forthcoming full-length IX - Everyone, Everything, Everywhere, Ends. While you get to hear new material, you can also see the cover that will grace the opus. Feast your eyes on the artwork below and your ears on the music of "Vilja & Dröm". Are you pleased?

Pre-orders are available here. Season Of Mist releases the album on April 20th. Mark your calendars!

Tracklist
01. Den Påtvingade Tvåsamheten
02. Vilja & Dröm
03. Framtidsutsikter
04. Människotankens Vägglösa Rum
05. Inga Broar Kvar Att Bränna
06. Besök Från I(ho)nom
07. Ohne Dich [bonus - Rammstein]
08. Black Industrial Eleven [bonus]

The cover artwork has been created by Daniele Serra. This renowned illustrator recently collaborated with Joe R. Lansdale for the praised graphic novel "I Tell You It's Love". Included in the artwork are sketches by the Norwegian artist Kim Holm.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Shining
Posted: 04.02.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 23   Visited by: 190 users
04.02.2015 - 17:53
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Reminds me, at first glance kinda the cover of The Downward Spiral in its color choice.
04.02.2015 - 18:09
Ilham
Giant robot
^Indeed.

Am I the only one who thinks the song isn't very Shining-y? I haven't listened to any in years, might be just me. I heard of a dip in quality, but did they change styles after V? I have to say I quite like this, it reminds me of a more desperate mix of old Khold + Ajattara.
04.02.2015 - 18:28
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Ilham on 04.02.2015 at 18:09

^Indeed.

Am I the only one who thinks the song isn't very Shining-y? I haven't listened to any in years, might be just me. I heard of a dip in quality, but did they change styles after V? I have to say I quite like this, it reminds me of a more desperate mix of old Khold + Ajattara.

My memory of VI is patchy but I recall that it was a bit more... proggy/technical and it felt less, ehmm... emotional? I dunno. I do remember VII being extremely polarizing. I absolutely LOVE the first track on VII but everything else is shit if you ask me. But then VIII came along and it almost reminded me of some V-sections and it has very jazzy shit thrown into it. Some changes yeah, i guess... I recommend you to check them out though. Seeing you like III, IV, and V (assuming from your votes), I think you should check the rest out and see from yourself. Specially VIII which I honestly think it's a return to force.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
04.02.2015 - 18:30
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by X-Ray Rod on 04.02.2015 at 18:28

My memory of VI is patchy but I recall that it was a bit more... proggy/technical and it felt less, ehmm... emotional? I dunno. I do remember VII being extremely polarizing. I absolutely LOVE the first track on VII but everything else is shit if you ask me. But then VIII came along and it almost reminded me of some V-sections and it has very jazzy shit thrown into it. Some changes yeah, i guess... I recommend you to check them out though. Seeing you like III, IV, and V (assuming from your votes), I think you should check the rest out and see from yourself. Specially VIII which I honestly think it's a return to force.

Yeah damn I have homework. I sincerely would have thought at the time of V that he'd finally kill himself, and was surprised to see they kept releasing albums when I came back last year. Thanks for the directions.
04.02.2015 - 18:31
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I've been following work of Daniele since last week, it's all because of comics. I was seeing his work and it comes out to be fantastic.

For more information, click here.
04.02.2015 - 18:37
Paz
Elite
The whole post-Halmstad period may not exist for me.
04.02.2015 - 18:37
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Ilham on 04.02.2015 at 18:30
I sincerely would have thought at the time of V that he'd finally kill himself.

The asshole is too full of himself to do that.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
04.02.2015 - 18:39
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 04.02.2015 at 18:31

I've been following work of Daniele since last week, it's all because of comics. I was seeing his work and it comes out to be fantastic.

Never thought one of your posts would be interesting and useful to me </bitch> thanks a lot for the info, I love what I see.
04.02.2015 - 20:17
Maco
Pvt Funderground
Damn, the cover is amazing. The song sounds ok, but that's all.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
04.02.2015 - 20:29
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Honestly I don't care. I feel tired of Shining and I don't care about their new albums.
04.02.2015 - 21:01
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Great cover, and the song sounds like a vague attempt to recapture some of the III, IV and V era stuff. It's partially successful I'd say. With a bit of tweaking and some major overhauls to the vocals it could be a pretty good song. As it is it's sort of decent with a few nice moments.
05.02.2015 - 06:35
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Ilham on 04.02.2015 at 18:39

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 04.02.2015 at 18:31

Never thought one of your posts would be interesting and useful to me </bitch> thanks a lot for the info, I love what I see.

You're welcome.

Have fun.
05.02.2015 - 06:37
Mrophine
Song is descent. Not that bad actually.
05.02.2015 - 08:22
Eh, this is actually kinda uninspired. Some interesting layers which are not really worth dragging the dancable rhythm wagon to 6 minutes. Especially the song musically goes nowhere. That's about the only thing I find depressing about this. Surely made my enthusiam kill itself. (touché, Shining?)

Excuse that pun but, in all fairness this sounds like Kampfar featuring Niklas on their recent effort rather than a follow up to Redefining Darkness.
05.02.2015 - 08:43
no one
Account deleted
Better than i was expecting, not really into the art work.
05.02.2015 - 08:51
Written by Ilham on 04.02.2015 at 18:09

^Indeed.

In all honestly I just heard their last/VIIIth album well enough. I can objectively add that this barely sounds like the band that did VIII.
05.02.2015 - 16:04
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
I guy leaves Metal Storm for a week, and Shining make a not-shitty song. I should take breaks more often
05.02.2015 - 16:17
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by AssailantForce on 05.02.2015 at 08:22

in all fairness this sounds like Kampfar featuring Niklas on their recent effort rather than a follow up to Redefining Darkness... I can objectively add that this barely sounds like the band that did VIII.

Which is why this album might actually be worth listening to. Sounds like it's going some way in repairing two terrible missteps.
05.02.2015 - 16:18
Warman
Erotic Stains
Well I fucking hate that the album is called "IX" and the sort-of-compilation was called "8 ½". So why the fuck did they skip the "VIII" for "Redefining Darkness"?

Still psyched though. I am after all a little Shining fanboy.
----
05.02.2015 - 19:28
Written by Guest on 05.02.2015 at 16:17

Which is why this album might actually be worth listening to. Sounds like it's going some way in repairing two terrible missteps.

But.. this particular song is boring? I mean it doesn't 'sound' very depressive, nor relentless, not the least original.
I thought Redefining Darkness was a phenomenal work of art. I liked it's BM moments too as must anything else on that record. I do recall reviews being mixed for RD but they were mostly biased for shying away from a unrelenting BM sound. Maybe the fans should have seen it coming from the title, eh? - RD - Redefining their darkness, in ways other than previously defined (BM :p). In any case, Shining is one talented band with a beast of a vocalist. Ill not be too quick to judge things to come and also will dig up the older records.
05.02.2015 - 19:32
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by AssailantForce on 05.02.2015 at 19:28

But.. this particular song is boring? I mean it doesn't 'sound' very depressive, nor relentless, not the least original.
I thought Redefining Darkness was a phenomenal work of art. I liked it's BM moments too as must anything else on that record. I do recall reviews being mixed for RD but they were mostly biased for shying away from a unrelenting BM sound. Maybe the fans should have seen it coming from the title, eh? - RD - Redefining their darkness, in ways other than previously defined (BM :p). In any case, Shining is one talented band with a beast of a vocalist. Ill not be too quick to judge things to come and also will dig up the older records.

I don't think it sounds original, depressive nor relentless, but I do find its regressive qualities far better than anything from the last few albums. I haven't enjoyed Shining since V, and even that I'm not a massive fan of. I suspect the new album will probably get no more than one or two listens from me at any rate. I'd be lying if I held Kvarforth in the same regard as you though. For me he's little more than an unfunny caricature =P
05.02.2015 - 19:56
Written by Guest on 05.02.2015 at 19:32

I don't think it sounds original, depressive nor relentless, but I do find its regressive qualities far better than anything from the last few albums. I haven't enjoyed Shining since V, and even that I'm not a massive fan of. I suspect the new album will probably get no more than one or two listens from me at any rate. I'd be lying if I held Kvarforth in the same regard as you though. For me he's little more than an unfunny caricature =P

Ah I see fair enough ^ Yes this certainly sounds a step down from RD and it's proggy nature so evidently regressive or back to roots sounds reasonable. It would be a total shame if this was an entirely new direction. Haha but yeah I do find his vocals expressive. Actually it was the only appreciable thing about this new song.
06.02.2015 - 06:39
MelancholiaC
Written by Warman on 05.02.2015 at 16:18

Well I fucking hate that the album is called "IX" and the sort-of-compilation was called "8 ½". So why the fuck did they skip the "VIII" for "Redefining Darkness"?

Still psyched though. I am after all a little Shining fanboy.

I think Kvarforth wanted to abandon the numbering of albums, then he changed his mind (lol) - personally I've never cared for the numerals, to me it looks cheesy.

But yeah, I resonate with your fanboy sentiment. Shining were among the bands that first got me hooked on black metal; I've enjoyed both their earlier and their later works. This song doesn't sound half bad and the artwork looks awesome - the best by far I think. Can't wait for the album!

And to those who judge Shining because of Kvarforth's stage/press personality: learn to separate the artist from the art.

Hits total: 3278 | This month: 6