Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden - Bruce Dickinson Undergoes Cancer Treatment

Iron Maiden surprised fans today with unexpected and worrying news. According to the band, just before Christmas, the band's legendary vocalist Bruce Dickinson visited his doctor for a routine check-up. This led to tests and biopsies which revealed a small cancerous tumour at the back of his tongue. A seven week course of chemotherapy and radiology treatment was completed yesterday. As the tumour was caught in the early stages, the prognosis is extremely good. Hopefully, Bruce Dickinson will win this battle and make a complete recovery.

Iron Maiden also said in a statement: "Bruce's medical team fully expect him to make a complete recovery with the all clear envisaged by late May. It will then take a further few months for Bruce to get back to full fitness. In the meantime we would ask for your patience, understanding and respect for Bruce and his family's privacy until we update everyone by the end of May. Bruce is doing very well considering the circumstances and the whole team are very positive."

Courtesy of Iron Maiden

Source: ironmaiden.com
Band profile: Iron Maiden
Posted: 19.02.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 22   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 320 users
19.02.2015 - 15:11
Mehdi Taba
Mehdi Taba
I hope him the best.
19.02.2015 - 15:19
Athropos
Burning inside
Fucking cancer.
19.02.2015 - 15:52
raveneffect
Sad news. Thankfully he found it on time and he has a good chance of fightning it.
19.02.2015 - 16:58
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Wishing for the best. Hope it was indeed cured early enough!
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
19.02.2015 - 17:18
BigBad
Glad it was caught early. There may be life after Maiden, but I don't look forward to living it. Best to Bruce, his family, and the band.
19.02.2015 - 17:34
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
My dad had a similar cancer tumor that he beat also. Hoping the same for Bruce and that this doesn't affect his voice too much.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
19.02.2015 - 19:42
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Awful news. I hope he has a full and speedy recovery.
19.02.2015 - 20:15
ADIresiduos
Up the Irons!!
He's one of the few A-list metal singers of all time.
Wish him the best!, 'cause we still wanna hear a lot more music from Iron Maiden!
19.02.2015 - 20:33
Gosh... of course it couldnt be a different type of cancer that would not deprive us from the pleasure of the master's singing capacity.
19.02.2015 - 21:08
Olives
God bless him, hope it goes well.
19.02.2015 - 21:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ge' wel' 'ad,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.02.2015 - 22:48
hellbent
I pray for the rainmaker....
20.02.2015 - 00:09
Necrodamus
This is awful news. Would be devastating to lose one of the greatest frontmen in metal...hoping for a complete recovery.
20.02.2015 - 00:28
Lord_Regnier
Sad news. I don't care for Iron Maiden nowadays but Bruce is such a nice guy. I hope he will recover well and it won't affect his singing abilities.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
20.02.2015 - 00:46
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Hopefully he can keep not only his life but voice too. At least the guy has a million different hobbies outside of Maiden so I'm sure he'd still fare well even he could no longer sing well.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
20.02.2015 - 04:42
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Stay strong Bruce Bruce!
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
20.02.2015 - 05:00
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Fuck cancer!! We love you Bruce!!!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
20.02.2015 - 05:25
valcrist
Written by Ancient_Mariner on 19.02.2015 at 20:33

Gosh... of course it couldnt be a different type of cancer that would not deprive us from the pleasure of the master's singing capacity.

That's what I thought as well some case of Murphy's law at work, hopefully everything will turn out ok.
20.02.2015 - 05:38
Bruce > Cancer
20.02.2015 - 16:49
Rapid Fire
Get well soon Bruce, hope you the best!
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
22.02.2015 - 00:22
MHShokuhi
Oh crap, when i saw the headline i just shocked for a moment... wishing a fast and full recovery for him
----
Shake the silence and hear what it say ~In Flames
22.02.2015 - 05:22
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
"As the tumour was caught in the early stages, the prognosis is extremely good. Hopefully, Bruce Dickinson will win this battle and make a complete recovery. "

well, that's somewhat of a relief I suppose.

Hits total: 3292 | This month: 7