Metal Storm logo
Falconer - Releasing Debut Album Ultimate Edition, Final Live Performances

Swedish folk metal pioneers Falconer have announced the re-issue of their legendary debut and fan-favourite album as an "Ultimate Edition" on April 21st, 2015! The "Ultimate Edition" will be available as a double CD digibook. Disc 2 is a bonus CD that features seven previously unreleased versions and demos of tracks from the album that you will not want to miss. All tracks on both discs have been remastered by Andy LaRocque for the ideal listening experience. Below, you can enjoy the remastered version of the classic "Mindtraveller".

Order your copy at this location.

Guitarist Stefan Weinerhall comments: "Re-releasing our debut album in a remastered version is a great kind of interlude while we do our last gigs as a live band. On top of that we offer our fans to finally hear the demo we did back in 1999, something very few people have heard. We also decided to re-record 3 songs from the debut in acoustic, very scaled down versions. It really got the songs to shine in a new kind of way. So about 35 minutes of unheard Falconer music in both exclusive CD and vinyl versions!"

Falconer - Ultimate Edition Disc 1:
01. Upon The Grave Of Guilt
02. Heresy In Disguise
03. Wings Of Serenity
04. A Quest For The Crown
05. Mindtraveller
06. Entering Eternity
07. Royal Galley
08. Substitutional World
09. Lord Of The Blacksmiths
10. The Past Still Lives On
11. Per Tyrssons Döttrar I Vänge

Falconer - Ultimate Edition Disc 2:
01. Royal Galley (Acoustic version 2015)
02. Wings Of Serenity (Acoustic version 2015)
03. Mindtraveller (Acoustic version 2015)
04. Substitutional World (demo 1999)*
05. Lord Of The Blacksmiths (demo 1999)*
06. Mindtraveller (demo 1999)*
07. Entering Eternity (demo 1999)*

The band's final live performances are scheduled for this summer but at least they will continue to make records. Make the best of these final shows if you can make it there.

Falconer live:
30/07/15-01/08/15 - GER - Wacken - Wacken Open Air
15/08/15 - SWE - Falun - Rockstad
11/09/15 - US - Atlanta - Progpower

Source: metalblade.com
Band profile: Falconer
Posted: 14.03.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 112 users
14.03.2015 - 14:05
Wukk
I have never understood the appeal of these re-releases, except for cases in which the original is difficult to get hold of. A bunch of bonus tracks is good, but not if they're demos or lives or alternate versions (okay, acoustics can be alright).
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
14.03.2015 - 14:06
FeskarN
Why will they stop doing live shows? I'm curios about the acoustic version of the old songs.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
14.03.2015 - 16:14
Death Dealer
Still one awesome album after all these years. I can't even listen to Power Metal anymore, but Falconer's first two albums transcend the genre.
14.03.2015 - 22:36
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by FeskarN on 14.03.2015 at 14:06

Why will they stop doing live shows? I'm curios about the acoustic version of the old songs.

They just want to continue as a studio band. See here. It's hard with work schedules and all that. I understand though even though it's probably hard for them financially.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 2348 | This month: 7