Metal Storm logo
Fear Factory - Share New Album Cover Art And Tracklist

Fear Factory continue to reveal more about their new album. After announcing the title and release date, the next pieces of the puzzle are the cover artwork and the tracklist. Also, you can find out more about the concept behind the album that will be called Genexus.

The artwork was once again handled by artist Anthony Clarkson. Drums on Genexus were performed by Mike Heller (Malignancy). Mark your calendars for a worldwide release on August 7th.

Tracklist:
01. Autonomous Combat System
02. Anodized
03. Dielectric
04. Soul Hacker
05. Protomech
06. Genexus
07. Church Of Execution
08. Regenerate
09. Battle For Utopia
10. Expiration Date
11. Mandatory Sacrifice (Genexus Remix) (limited digipak bonus track)
12. Enhanced Reality (limited digipak bonus track)

Vocalist Burton C. Bell explains: "The word genexus is a hybrid of two words; genesis and nexus. This word describes the next transition in human evolution as man moves forward to a 'mechanical' state of being. Ray Kurzweil predicts that the singularity will occur around 2045. Genexus is the term for that next evolutionary process. Where humans are machines, machines are human, and the differences are oblivious to the naked eye. This album is a record of thought patterns, psychology and struggles of the Genexus generation. The cognitive machine has arrived, and it wants autonomy from the industry that created it. This machine struggles, like every other human has throughout the course of history. This is the story of every one of us."

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Fear Factory
Posted: 28.05.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 128 users
28.05.2015 - 12:24
FYA
Destroyer
One more...?
28.05.2015 - 14:32
MikeVonDoom
Bring it! I'm excited!
28.05.2015 - 16:24
s_t_s
I like the cover artwork even tho the double F logo is not so present (kind of wings ?)

Not so many tracks, 10 is a minimum compared to older FF standards, 2 bonus tracks isn't so luch either as I remember albums with 4 bonus tracks for a total of 15 sometimes 17 tracks but I guess time changes

I hope the final track won't just be a filler as in The Industrialist tho. Cannot wait to hear the first excerpts !
28.05.2015 - 16:27
cossaisVendeurs
I suppose the next album art cover will be a pair of legs
28.05.2015 - 19:05
Opethian
Are Mechanize, Industrialist & Genexus are a 3 part Trilogy!? I can't wait for this. High hopes. They got lazy on the last record
28.05.2015 - 22:03
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
I like this cover art (way better than last two IMO) but I don't care that much about the music.
29.05.2015 - 19:55
mariano
Written by Guest on 28.05.2015 at 13:51

The concept is typical FF. The good thing in this one, the drums will be physical, So I think it will better than it's predecessor.

You can actually sequence drums with nowadays software and no one would be able to tell it's not physical. There are sound libraries with hundreds of Gigabytes of high-quality sampled drums.

In my opinion, Dino and Burton actually intended some kind of artificial sound for drums in The Industrialist but it ended killing the album.
01.06.2015 - 16:30
mariano
Written by Guest on 29.05.2015 at 22:01

Written by mariano on 29.05.2015 at 19:55

Written by Guest on 28.05.2015 at 13:51

The concept is typical FF. The good thing in this one, the drums will be physical, So I think it will better than it's predecessor.

You can actually sequence drums with nowadays software and no one would be able to tell it's not physical. There are sound libraries with hundreds of Gigabytes of high-quality sampled drums.

In my opinion, Dino and Burton actually intended some kind of artificial sound for drums in The Industrialist but it ended killing the album.

I know, I'm a sound engineer . Still a trained ear can spot the difference between a drum machine & real drums (even if they're ''triggered'').

...yeah but I'm not talking about drum machines -those are not fit to simulate acoustic drums. I meant specialized software like BFD:
http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=205&tab=494

Hits total: 2622 | This month: 6