Metal Storm logo
Dante's Inferno Test

Original post

Posted by Eight, 28.02.2007 - 12:29
http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv

Ive been sent to 5th level:

The river Styx runs through this level of Hell, and in it are punished the wrathful and the gloomy. The former are forever lashing out at each other in anger, furious and naked, tearing each other piecemeal with their teeth. The latter are gurgling in the black mud, slothful and sullen, withdrawn from the world. Their lamentations bubble to the surface as they try to repeat a doleful hymn, though with unbroken words they cannot say it. Because you lived a cruel, vindictive and hateful life, you meet your fate in the Styx.

Poll

Alright sinners, what level of hell have you earned?

Level 6 - The City of Dis
Level 5
Level 1 - Limbo
Level 7
Level 8- the Malebolge
Level 2
Level 9 - Cocytus
Level 4
Level 3

Total votes: 134
06.03.2007 - 03:58
GoldenerSchnitt
I got the 6th level

Im a heretic which is quite obvious
13.03.2007 - 23:02
Remus
Written by [user id=1868] on 01.03.2007 at 00:22

1) Yes, masturbation is a sin. You're supposed to maintain purity, avoid lust and sexual immorality. You're only allowed to perform sexual activities inside your marriage.
2) According to Christian ideology greed is a bad thing, yes.

How can you avoid lust when it's something that you feel, that you have no control over. If you see a girl you like you can't try to stop yourself from liking her, i mean i can't.

Secondly aspiring to drive a luxurious car isn't greedy in my opinion. If you want to make your life better that shouldn't be considered greedy. If God didn't want us to lead better lives then he wouldn't have given us the ability to advance technologically.

See, i still think those two questions are irrelevant!
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
13.03.2007 - 23:31
Skald
Account deleted
Written by Remus on 13.03.2007 at 23:02

How can you avoid lust when it's something that you feel, that you have no control over. If you see a girl you like you can't try to stop yourself from liking her, i mean i can't.

Secondly aspiring to drive a luxurious car isn't greedy in my opinion. If you want to make your life better that shouldn't be considered greedy. If God didn't want us to lead better lives then he wouldn't have given us the ability to advance technologically.

See, i still think those two questions are irrelevant!
Look, if you don't want to live by the word of the Bible - that's totally fine. Most of us don't. But don't argue over whether something is relevant or not if you don't even know the basics of Christian ideology. You are supposed to be able to resist temptation. Sex, money, luxuries - those are temptations. If you cannot resist them, you are a sinner. It's as simple as that. Following your natural instincts is sinful either.
14.03.2007 - 00:16
Remus
Written by [user id=1868] on 13.03.2007 at 23:31

But don't argue over whether something is relevant or not if you don't even know the basics of Christian ideology. You are supposed to be able to resist temptation. Sex, money, luxuries - those are temptations.

Please enlighten me. If i buy a BMW X5 i shalll not be allowed in heaven because "luxuries are temptations"?
So what, will God say: "Listen, you are a good christian but you couldn't stick to the Skoda Octavia, no, you had to go for the expensive german SUV, so now you shall totally go to hell because the BMW is luxurious and rather tempting!"

Does that sound correct?
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
14.03.2007 - 04:53
kiwibaby
Account deleted
I got Level Seven

o.O
14.03.2007 - 08:12
Skald
Account deleted
Written by Remus on 14.03.2007 at 00:16

Please enlighten me. If i buy a BMW X5 i shalll not be allowed in heaven because "luxuries are temptations"?
So what, will God say: "Listen, you are a good christian but you couldn't stick to the Skoda Octavia, no, you had to go for the expensive german SUV, so now you shall totally go to hell because the BMW is luxurious and rather tempting!"

Does that sound correct?
1) I don't believe in God, let alone know what he'd say.
2) Giving in to Earthly temptations doesn't exactly make you a good Christian. Read the damn Bible and see Christ's attitude.
3) The test is constructed in a way that will condemn you only if you show more than one signs of greed.
4) The questions use a specific method that unless thought about, might make little sense. If you are prone to buying luxurious cars, it is very likely that you're prone to buying other luxurious stuff. That's what the test implies.
5) The test is just for fun. God didn't make it. It is based on Christian ideology (especially that of medieval times) and The Divine Comedy. So chill and quit whining. The questions are quite accurate. But if you read neither of the works then it is no wonder you don't agree.
14.03.2007 - 12:45
yvesson
Hej,
Level 6 as many of you.
Many if I wasn't one who gather his money like a hamster... I could have got a higher result ^^
14.03.2007 - 22:35
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Eight on 05.03.2007 at 18:12

Darn, still no one with 9th level.. -__-
Anyways aren't Limbo this?

yeah man, they play it all the time in there! hooray for limbo!
14.03.2007 - 23:46
Eight
Shapeshifter
Darn, i can't go to that level, my back won't let me
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
15.03.2007 - 21:18
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
Like most people who have posted, I got the Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

Oh my God
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
18.03.2007 - 07:24
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
what is this poll based on? christian catagorization of hell?
I don't know how I'll go to 'christian hell' when I'm a pagan.. or is it something else? someone please explain it to me.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
18.03.2007 - 11:13
Skald
Account deleted
Written by Paganblood on 18.03.2007 at 07:24

It's based on Dante's "The Divine Comedy", one of the greatest and most known pieces of world's literature :|
18.03.2007 - 13:21
Golden Wing
The second level for me, for the lustful one... but really, I didn't expect such result..
18.03.2007 - 13:24
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by [user id=1868] on 18.03.2007 at 11:13

It's based on Dante's "The Divine Comedy", one of the greatest and most known pieces of world's literature :|

yes, I've heard of the book. so, this thread is related to humor.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
23.03.2007 - 18:50
Rimfrost
Level 6, city of Dis for me.
How the hell can anyone make it to level 1? All my friends and classmates have tried it but no one ever has!
05.04.2007 - 16:59
Reborn Nemesis
Level 5... oh, shit
----
... For blood I hunger, possessed by the dark...

... No remorse, I'll tear your flesh apart...
05.04.2007 - 18:38
l33t_sas
Account deleted
Done it like 3 times. Level 5 each time. Can't be bothered doing it again right now.
05.04.2007 - 23:47
Basso
Account deleted
I was dumped in the 5th floor. How silly I wanted 9th
06.04.2007 - 14:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
The sweet light no longer strikes against your eyes. Your shade has been banished to... the Eigth Level of Hell - the Malebolge!
Eigth Level of Hell - the Malebolge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many and varied sinners suffer eternally in the multi-leveled Malebolge, an ampitheatre-shapped pit of despair Wholly of stone and of an iron colour: Those guilty of fraudulence and malice; the seducers and pimps, who are whipped by horned demons; the hypocrites, who struggle to walk in lead-lined cloaks; the barraters, who are ducked in boiling pitch by demons known as the Malebranche. The simonists, wedged into stone holes, and whose feet are licked by flames, kick and writhe desperately. The magicians, diviners, fortune tellers, and panderers are all here, as are the thieves. Some wallow in human excrement. Serpents writhe and wrap around men, sometimes fusing into each other. Bodies are torn apart. When you arrive, you will want to put your hands over your ears because of the lamentations of the sinners here, who are afflicted with scabs like leprosy, and lay sick on the ground, furiously scratching their skin off with their nails. Indeed, justice divine doth smite them with its hammer.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.04.2007 - 15:44
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
The wretched King Minos has decided your fate. His tale wraps around his body 9 times.
The sweet light no longer strikes against your eyes. Your shade has been banished to... the Ninth Level of Hell - Cocytus!

Ninth Level of Hell - Cocytus
This is the deepest level of hell, where the fallen angel Satan himself resides. His wings flap eternally, producing chilling cold winds that freeze the thick ice found in Cocytus. The three faces of Satan, black, red, and yellow, can be seen with mouths gushing bloody foam and eyes forever weeping, as they chew on the three traitors, Judas, Brutus, and Cassius. This place is furthest removed from the source of all light and warmth. Sinners here are frozen deep in the ice, faces out, eyes and mouths frozen shut. Traitors against God, country, family, and benefactors lament their sins in this frigid pit of despair.

Purgatory(Repenting Believers) - Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo(Virtuous Non-Believers) - Very Low
Level 2(Lustful) - Very High
Level 3(Gluttonous) - Very High
Level 4(Prodigal and Avaricious) - Very High
Level 5(Wrathful and Gloomy) - Extreme
Level 6 - The City of Dis(Heretics) - Extreme
Level 7(Violent) - Extreme
Level 8 - The Malebolge(Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers) - Extreme
Level 9 - Cocytus(Treacherous) - Extreme

-----------------------------

Huh. Last time I did this test, I got the Seventh Level. Apparently, I've "improved".
----
06.04.2007 - 18:13
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Elijah on 06.04.2007 at 15:44

The wretched King Minos has decided your fate. His tale wraps around his body 9 times.
The sweet light no longer strikes against your eyes. Your shade has been banished to... the Ninth Level of Hell - Cocytus!

Ninth Level of Hell - Cocytus
This is the deepest level of hell, where the fallen angel Satan himself resides. His wings flap eternally, producing chilling cold winds that freeze the thick ice found in Cocytus. The three faces of Satan, black, red, and yellow, can be seen with mouths gushing bloody foam and eyes forever weeping, as they chew on the three traitors, Judas, Brutus, and Cassius. This place is furthest removed from the source of all light and warmth. Sinners here are frozen deep in the ice, faces out, eyes and mouths frozen shut. Traitors against God, country, family, and benefactors lament their sins in this frigid pit of despair.

Purgatory(Repenting Believers) - Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo(Virtuous Non-Believers) - Very Low
Level 2(Lustful) - Very High
Level 3(Gluttonous) - Very High
Level 4(Prodigal and Avaricious) - Very High
Level 5(Wrathful and Gloomy) - Extreme
Level 6 - The City of Dis(Heretics) - Extreme
Level 7(Violent) - Extreme
Level 8 - The Malebolge(Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers) - Extreme
Level 9 - Cocytus(Treacherous) - Extreme

-----------------------------

Huh. Last time I did this test, I got the Seventh Level. Apparently, I've "improved".

i think you cheated and on purpose gave the bad answers
06.06.2007 - 17:46
baldur
what lvl. 8??? oh man seems like im an evil person didnt know that^^ well... who cares
19.06.2007 - 00:41
Uller
level 9 lol......that test sucks, the questios are so stupid i lost my time
----
19.06.2007 - 03:22
Ernis
狼獾
Purgatory Repenting Believers Very High
Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers High
Level 2 Lustful High
Level 3 Gluttonous Very Low
Level 4 Prodigal and Avaricious Very Low
Level 5 Wrathful and Gloomy Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics Very Low
Level 7 Violent High
Level 8- the Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous Very Low

Calculated the test....Valhalla-like merry drinking hall and pretty and kind valkyr maidens for me and my friends are still my main priority.....
22.06.2007 - 13:31
Infurnace
Level 6 - The City Of Dis. I'm a heretic.. I guess
26.06.2007 - 09:50
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
Looks like ill be seeing many of you in the City of Dis - 6th layer
At least they will have metal down there
26.06.2007 - 10:17
villain
Level 6 - The city of Dis

onwards to Valhalla!!!
----

Suddenly........
Life has new meaning
26.06.2007 - 17:20
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Paganblood on 18.03.2007 at 13:24

Written by [user id=1868] on 18.03.2007 at 11:13

yes, I've heard of the book. so, this thread is related to humor.

Not necessarily to humor....Dante simply wrote this "Comedy" in order to laugh at and criticize his contemporary society, politicians and the overall attitude in public life....It was like a satire of society....One aim of the author was to raise his beloved muse, Beatrice, in the spotlight.....Dante ventures all the levels of "hell" with Vergilio and describes the different vices of different society groups...in the end Dante meets Beatrice, his woman...and they meet and together rise higher than the society.....
27.06.2007 - 00:08
RavenLord
Written by Ernis on 26.06.2007 at 17:20

Not necessarily to humor....Dante simply wrote this "Comedy" in order to laugh at and criticize his contemporary society, politicians and the overall attitude in public life....It was like a satire of society....One aim of the author was to raise his beloved muse, Beatrice, in the spotlight.....Dante ventures all the levels of "hell" with Vergilio and describes the different vices of different society groups...in the end Dante meets Beatrice, his woman...and they meet and together rise higher than the society.....

The Commedia is not solely a criticism of the Middle Ages and Italian (in particular, Florentine) society. It was written after he was exiled from Florence, true, and the criticism plays a large part in the early sections of the Inferno. However, Dante was a pious Christian, and it is as much a story about redemption as it is about suffering.

It's also important to note the immense use of metaphor and allegory in the poems. For example, Vergil, the Roman poet, pagan and author of the Aeniad (which Dante would have held in high regard, as a classical work devoted to praising Roman traditions and mythology), represents Human Reason, whereas heavenly messengers (angels, Beatrice, saints) are used to represent Divine Wisdom.

Each sin in Hell is punished by an analogous punishment, which 'fits the crime'. The gluttons, who wallowed in their desire for food in life, are forced to wallow in the cold earth and mud. The flatterers, who let the rough equivalent of shit flow out of their mouths, are plunged into, ummm...shit (and the word used in the Italian is just as expletive!). It's a great work, and a smashing read.

Anyway, I took the test, and ended up in Circle VI (Dis), as most people have. This is because Dante's ideals take all of us atheists to be Epicurean heretics, who are punished for believing the soul dies with the body. In fact, if you look at your rankings, most people who hold what could be viewed as Christian ideals (charity, etc.), have a high rating for Limbo, where Virtuous Non-Believers dwell. Besides, Limbo is clearly the coolest place to go, since you have the following people there;

Caesar
Alexander
Vergil
Plato
Socrates
Saladin
Homer
Ovid
Vergil
Horace
Lucan
Lucrecia

That's where the party's at, my friends!
----
27.06.2007 - 01:49
Ernis
狼獾
Written by RavenLord on 27.06.2007 at 00:08

Anyway, I took the test, and ended up in Circle VI (Dis), as most people have. This is because Dante's ideals take all of us atheists to be Epicurean heretics, who are punished for believing the soul dies with the body. In fact, if you look at your rankings, most people who hold what could be viewed as Christian ideals (charity, etc.), have a high rating for Limbo, where Virtuous Non-Believers dwell. Besides, Limbo is clearly the coolest place to go, since you have the following people there;

Caesar
Alexander
Vergil
Plato
Socrates
Saladin
Homer
Ovid
Vergil
Horace
Lucan
Lucrecia

That's where the party's at, my friends!

I'm feeling rather retarded.....I'm afraid I'm the only person here whose highest possibility is Purgatory.....I'm afraid I'm then the only retard who believes that soul does NOT die with body but is independent of the earthly crust.....thing is that I amn't really satisfied nor happy with the life here and for me future and best moments and all lively and vital stuff can happen after I've got rid of this body and world and can reappear as a much stronger and fairer person in a Valhalla like wild environment.....I'm dreaming of wild forests and apocalyptic valkyres and huge drinking halls....this is not possible here in this world but it's my main priority....I'm living for this....and if someone would prove me that there's indeed no soul and that it dies with body then I'd go and finish myself immediately...simply....why bother? Why bother wasting time in this world while knowing that nothing better simply doesn't exist.....
That's why my faith is one of the few things that keeps me going....

Yeh....it'd be grand to be where the party is.....