Metal Storm logo
Cattle Decapitation

01.03.2007 - 03:32
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
I can't Belive their hasn't been a thread made out of one of the best All Vegetarian Death/Grind bands ever. I would've thought the Humanure album cover would've landed them on Metalstorm a while ago. Anyway just post here about what you think of them etc.
01.03.2007 - 06:37
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Cattle Decapitation was the first gore band I had heard, and still remains one of my favorite bands. I particularly enjoy Travis' vocals, but I think Josh Elmore is a very underrated guitarist and songwriter. I can't decide on which of their albums is my favorite, because they are all good, but are completely different from the next.

I saw this band live 2 or 3 years ago, right when they released Humanure. They not only put on the most brutal set of the night, but also added humor to their performance. I couldn't help but notice how Travis looks when he growls. He points his pupils up, so that all you can see are the white in his eyes. It makes him look like he's fucking possessed or something, which is pretty cool.
01.03.2007 - 07:58
Herzebeth
Written by Dangerboner on 01.03.2007 at 06:37

I saw this band live 2 or 3 years ago, right when they released Humanure. They not only put on the most brutal set of the night, but also added humor to their performance. I couldn't help but notice how Travis looks when he growls. He points his pupils up, so that all you can see are the white in his eyes. It makes him look like he's fucking possessed or something, which is pretty cool.

Dude I saw him a month ago...He still does the same fucking thing, he's a fucking maniac killer...awesome shit indeed. one of the best front-man's I've ever seen...
----
02.03.2007 - 02:13
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 01.03.2007 at 06:37

I particularly enjoy Travis' vocals, but I think Josh Elmore is a very underrated guitarist and songwriter.

I have to agree with you, being a guitaristm Hell anybody, can tell he is very very good at it. Every little guitar fill thing he does is amazing, if it's not sweeping its shreding. He is up their with Chuck on My list of fucking amazing guitarists. He does great songwriting as well.
03.03.2007 - 04:11
Daru Jericho
Cattle Decapitation are great. I really enjoyed Karma.Bloody.Karma last year. They're supposed to be coming here in May for the first time ever with Skinless and Dying Fetus, which shall be most excellent so I'll get to see Travis' crazy eye trick.

They're probably the best band out of all these vegan grind bands.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

04.03.2007 - 17:12
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Daru Jericho on 03.03.2007 at 04:11

you're brilliant, you had just invented a new sub-genre
04.03.2007 - 20:52
Daru Jericho
Written by Guest on 04.03.2007 at 17:12

you're brilliant, you had just invented a new sub-genre

Lol, it was an accident But i don't understand why so many people in grind bands are vegans. It seems so odd to me. Is there something I don't know?
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

05.03.2007 - 01:35
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
hehe yeah, like the band, Animals Killing People. I don't know what's with that, but as long as they make good music, I'm happy.

Vegans are annoying though
05.03.2007 - 03:00
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 05.03.2007 at 01:35

hehe yeah, like the band, Animals Killing People. I don't know what's with that, but as long as they make good music, I'm happy.

Vegans are annoying though

Not as annoying as super Vegans
09.03.2007 - 05:13
Sepulchral Oath
Account deleted
For some reason, as hard as I try, I can't seem to get into this band...
09.03.2007 - 14:23
Opium Magnet
Account deleted
I don't mind this band, although their older material certainly isn't as good as their newer material, in my eyes. To me, there was something lacking in their first two albums, it sounded too raw and half-hearted in the overall composition... mind you, I loved Humanure and Homovore quite a bit and still do appreciate giving either of them a spin every now and then. Strangely, this is one of the few bands in this subgenre I can really appreciate... others are just too repetitive and redundant in their sound...
10.03.2007 - 20:38
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
like I probably said in other threads lately, most grind I really dislike, but for some reason Cattle Decap. I find really enjoyable, its pretty sweet. This being mostly because I picked up Karma.Bloody.Karma yesterday.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
11.03.2007 - 17:33
Putrid_Cadaver
Account deleted
Cattle Decap. isnt just Brutal as hell, they have Technicallity.
21.03.2007 - 23:56
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Guest on 11.03.2007 at 17:33

Cattle Decap. isnt just Brutal as hell, they have Technicallity.

I guess thats what I like about them, most Grind ive heard just goes for a pure brutal sound which is really difficult to listen to at times.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
23.03.2007 - 05:09
Tromatic
Account deleted
Cattle Decap its awesome, one of my favorite grind bands to listen to. Human Jerky has to be one of the best grind albums i've ever heard!
20.05.2007 - 14:10
Basso
Account deleted
I just found this rather funny pic on the net :

Cattle decapitation goes emo slaughter...
http://panther1.last.fm/proposedimages/original/6/1104117/498230.jpg
25.08.2008 - 06:49
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
22.09.2008 - 01:00
Gigginova
Account deleted
I'm just getting into them.....from what I can hear, "Karma.Bloody.Karma." seems to be somewhat of a turning point for the band, like they've really developed.

I Love what they stand for!!
I personally am a Flexitarian.
03.10.2008 - 23:25
Gigginova
Account deleted
Oh
and i hear that they're in the studio again.
07.10.2008 - 06:15
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Yes they are in studio again. The video studio reports in their myspace are quite good and funny.
But Putrid_Cadaver is right, they are damn skilled and they have incredible structures and solos.
They are actually the only Grindcore band I listen
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
03.11.2008 - 04:22
Gigginova
Account deleted
Their new "Body Farm" song is nice
21.11.2008 - 00:43
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 03.11.2008 at 04:22

Their new "Body Farm" song is nice

And the artwork is pretty cool too.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
23.01.2009 - 01:17
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I bought the new album today and I love it. It's easily more brutal than the last album Sometimes the vocals are
23.01.2009 - 03:08
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
I meant to check out Cattle Decapitation's stuff a while ago, i guess now would be the time since a new album's out. Is it their best yet ?
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
23.01.2009 - 03:13
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
That's hard to say because all of their albums are different from each other and they take some getting used to. But yeah, I think The Harvest Floor would be the best one to recommend to someone who hasn't heard them before. Right when you think it's not that brutal, Travis starts gargling or bree-ing over blast beats... I fucking love it
23.01.2009 - 03:24
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
I love the pig squeals, Condemned's Angel is one the best i've heard, what a monster. I've heard that Cattle Decapitation's sound is quite unique, i'll have no problem with that. I need some more savage music. Thanks dude.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
01.02.2009 - 04:09
Gigginova
Account deleted

Cattle Decapitation are great. I really enjoyed Karma.Bloody.Karma last year. They're supposed to be coming here in May for the first time ever with Skinless and Dying Fetus, which shall be most excellent so I'll get to see Travis' crazy eye trick.

What other vegan grind bands are there? lol seriously, I'd like to know

....I heard Carcass were vegan (some members) and they used to play grind.
01.02.2009 - 04:13
Woeride
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.02.2009 at 04:09

Cattle Decap' isn't grind, their "scenecore".
I just saved you whole-lotta embarrassment.
01.02.2009 - 04:52
Gigginova
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 01.02.2009 at 04:13

Written by Guest on 01.02.2009 at 04:09

Cattle Decap' isn't grind, their "scenecore".
I just saved you whole-lotta embarrassment.

no you didn't save me any amount of embarrassnent! : I know what grind is!

Circle Of Dead Children, Anal Cunt, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Fuck...I'm Dead, Cock And Ball Torture, Lord Gore, Cliteater, Regurgitate, Haemorrhage, Anal Blast, Birdflesh, Gut, Pig Destroyer.............didn't think I knew about such bands did you?

Cattle Decapitation I know are not pure Grind.....they are more Death Metal oriented, but they're still very connected with Grind. Don't call them 'Scene-core', that's fucking derogetory! I understand you saying The Red Chord or Black Dahlia Murder are 'scenecore' for instance, but Cattle Decapitation are one of the big names in Grind!
02.03.2009 - 02:55
Zooluke
Account deleted
The whole lust for animals and hate for people is true mental sickness. This band sucks COW SHIT. liberalism is a mental disorder and these vegan bands are twisted. To those who like their music, thats cool because metal is cool, but the lyrics are pathetic and chicken shit. This is just my opinion, not hate.