Metal Storm logo
Ungdomshuset (Danish youthhouse)

04.03.2007 - 12:58
Necronomicon
Account deleted
the danish "Ungdomshuset" translated The youthhouse was cleared early thusday morning. The house was sold by the town council to a christian brainwashing sect. This has let to large riots in the towns of copenhagen. What is your veiw on the house and its cleareance?
04.03.2007 - 13:08
Valentin B
Iconoclast
any web site or link?
04.03.2007 - 13:32
Eight
Shapeshifter
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ungdomshuset
I think this is it
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
04.03.2007 - 13:43
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I find it to be perfectly allright that the house was cleared...the yougsters didn't own the building and could have bought the place when it was for sale. It's just plane stupid behaving like that because you're told to obey the law...I have no sympathy for their cause at all any longer
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
04.03.2007 - 14:07
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
I've only read some short news about this, so I don't really have an opinion about it, as I don't know the background well enough. There was a demonstation here in Finland though, in front of the Danish embassy. Some people wanted to show their support to the Danish youngsters.
----
You'll never walk alone.
04.03.2007 - 14:11
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I can't form an opinion on this either, but I think that when the government wants to clear these youthplaces, they should provide an alternative. I mean, after all, the government should watch after his people, and not abide rules. Shouldn't it?

As I said, I might be wrong, maybe the government did, in that case I stand corrected.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
06.03.2007 - 14:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
wtf is this faderhuset? is this the christian brainwashing sect?
06.03.2007 - 17:51
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@cursed: yes Faderhuset is the sect called brainwashing by Necronomicon. They are the rightfull owners of the building (wich are now being demolished). They are to my knowledge a sect of about 80-100 people.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep