Metal Storm logo
King Diamond - Official Live Video Released

King Diamond official 2015 video for the "Them" song "Welcome Home", featuring footage shot at this summer's Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival, can be seen below. The footage was compiled by Strati Hovartos and Garrett Riker and taken from their various performances. Check out the band's performance below.

King Diamond will be back on tour soon for an extra special event for fans and will perform their classic second album, 1987's effort Abigail, in its entirety on the band's upcoming U.S. tour in the fall. Support on the trek, which will begin on October 29th and run through December 5th, will come from legendary San Francisco Bay Area thrash metallers Exodus.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: King Diamond
Posted: 28.08.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 103 users
28.08.2015 - 12:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Gosh what a I don't know what, I hate his damn voice, never could stand it and ccan not now, its so horrible, aaaaaa sound, I still don't get why he is so famous and ppl likes him, I don't see anything
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
28.08.2015 - 13:30
Kass
Account deleted
King diamond is awesome!
28.08.2015 - 14:48
exomorphyx89

Written by Bad English on 28.08.2015 at 12:30

Gosh what a I don't know what, I hate his damn voice, never could stand it and ccan not now, its so horrible, aaaaaa sound, I still don't get why he is so famous and ppl likes him, I don't see anything

----
"Bang you head against the stage and metal takes its place..."
28.08.2015 - 14:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by exomorphyx89 on 28.08.2015 at 14:48

worst voice into metal ever
----

apos;'
[image]
28.08.2015 - 15:43
exomorphyx89

----
"Bang you head against the stage and metal takes its place..."
28.08.2015 - 16:10
sbgmetal

I think his vocals are awesome and unique and one of the main reasons I listen to KD and MF
28.08.2015 - 17:06
Daniell
_爱情_
It's a studio version of this song, with some live footage. Is King in such a bad shape vocally, that he's ashamed to publish a live recording?
28.08.2015 - 17:35
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight

Probably because when these guys came into the scene, they freaked out a lot of people. King claimed he was a real satanist, and his voice was very eery, provided a dose of spookyness and complemented the occult themes of the early albums, and the horror themes of the later albums. Plus, he is one of a kind. How many vocalists have you seen doing falsettoes to the level King Diamond does? I myself do not know others than him, but I think you can count them on your fingers. Another reason why he got some exposure is because of the PMRC incident.

Now, whether his voice is good or bad... that is very debateable. There are 3 kinds of vocalists, the ones that know how to deliver, the ones that sound crap but the music itself was made for their vocal delivery, thus it fits and it is listenable and the ones that suck, plain and simple. I think King Diamond is somewhere between the first two categories. In any other band, he wouldn't have sounded that great, but at the same time, his vocals are not crappy at all.

Edit: Mercyful Fate got some exposure in the 90s thanks to Metallica covering a Medley of their early songs.
28.08.2015 - 17:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 28.08.2015 at 17:35

Probably because when these guys came into the scene, they freaked out a lot of people. King claimed he was a real satanist, and his voice was very eery, provided a dose of spookyness and complemented the occult themes of the early albums, and the horror themes of the later albums. Plus, he is one of a kind. How many vocalists have you seen doing falsettoes to the level King Diamond does? I myself do not know others than him, but I think you can count them on your fingers. Another reason why he got some exposure is because of the PMRC incident.

Now, whether his voice is good or bad... that is very debateable. There are 3 kinds of vocalists, the ones that know how to deliver, the ones that sound crap but the music itself was made for their vocal delivery, thus it fits and it is listenable and the ones that suck, plain and simple. I think King Diamond is somewhere between the first two categories. In any other band, he wouldn't have sounded that great, but at the same time, his vocals are not crappy at all.

Edit: Mercyful Fate got some exposure in the 90s thanks to Metallica covering a Medley of their early songs.

I know this story, I have noting about his, all I can not stand is his stupid voice
----

apos;'
[image]
05.09.2015 - 01:57
Timelord

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 28.08.2015 at 17:35

People were into Mercyful Fate way before Llica(no metal is left) did some medley. I had Melissa and Don't Break the Oath when they first were released. King Diamond started getting more attention with the release of Abigail and the video for The Family Ghost. It is an all time classic record that deserved attention. Yes you are correct the whole PMRC did bring more attention and that cunt Tipper Gore didn't realize that their efforts to try and stop music just made people want it more. So in that regard I say Thank You Stripper Whore!
08.09.2015 - 19:05
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by Timelord on 05.09.2015 at 01:57

People were into Mercyful Fate way before Llica(no metal is left) did some medley. I had Melissa and Don't Break the Oath when they first were released. King Diamond started getting more attention with the release of Abigail and the video for The Family Ghost. It is an all time classic record that deserved attention. Yes you are correct the whole PMRC did bring more attention and that cunt Tipper Gore didn't realize that their efforts to try and stop music just made people want it more. So in that regard I say Thank You Stripper Whore!

Indeed, but they did boost their career a little bit and gave more exposure to the band. They ressurected the career of several bands they covered (i.e. Diamond Head). What the PMRC did or what Metallica did is proof enough that any kind where good or bad, publicity is good for your career.

Hits total: 2441 | This month: 4