Metal Storm logo
Visual Kei and JPop/Rock Poll

Original post

Posted by Linak, 22.05.2006 - 06:20

(I came across this banner, will credit/remove if necessary)

I've decided to make this a lot more interesting by turning it into a poll, since there are not so many options for voting, I was forced to put together some of the possible answers for example since Due le Quartz and Miyavi share a lot in common (at least one member lol) I put them together, same I did with L'arc en Ciel and HYDE, If you choose to vote for one of these two options please do state on your post wether you were voting for the band, or the solist, I was cLose to doing this with Malice Mizer and Gackt but I guess I'd be getting on a certain mod's nerves ^^'

There are many other bands I would have liked to feature on this poll for example BLOOD, Sex Machineguns and Lareine, just to name a few, but again the lack of space wouldn't let me, anyway I only hope this thread would be a lot more interesting than the past one because of the poll add.

Here is the stuff I had put on the last thread I had made, I will probably be posting the pics later on the thread so enjoy!

OLD THREAD:

Good day world, Linak-sama here!

After having some nice, sweet short (ha!) conversations with Blackgir and Darth Satanious at the 'Moi Dix Moi/Malice Mizer' thread, I decided it was time to have a brand new and specific thread about japanese rock/pop, and the Visual Kei movement! Yes I'm a happy girl right now!

From Wikipedia: (yah we all love wikipedia XD)

Visual Kei, literally "visual type", refers to a movement in J-Rock which started in the 1980s and became widely popular in Japan by the 1990s.

Origins:
Largely the movement is credited to have been started "almost single handedly" by X Japan, however a rising trend of utilizing visual shock to gain membership in the independent scene was well in effect by the time X went major; they may be seen in this sense not as a catalyst for the movement, but a mechanism to involve dominant Japanese popular culture with it. Bands in the early 1990s such as Luna Sea, Zi:Kill, Shazna, and Baiser along with previous bands Buck-Tick and X Japan encouraged a "boom" of this media culture.

Characteristics:
Visual Kei is characterised by bands using dramatic costumes and visual imagery to enhance the band's performance. Within Japan, the fan-base almost solely consists of girls and young women and is marketed strongly to that audience with items such as tradeable stickers, glossy photo-books, picture-postcards of band members and so on. In other countries, the comparatively small quantity of Visual Kei followers is roughly an equal division between male and female youth. Visual Kei is often focused upon in the West as a uniquely Japanese part of the Rock music scene.

Members of Visual Kei bands often wear striking makeup, style their hair in dramatic shapes (reminiscent of "glam metal" bands from the '80s) and wear elaborate costumes. Although the vast majority of the musicians are male, band members will often wear makeup and clothing which would be considered 'feminine' or 'androgynous'. Recently, some bands are returning to the more colourful and "fantastic" image popular 5 or 6 years ago, taking inspiration from computer roleplaying games and anime. The appeal of the costumes to fans is so great that large numbers of girls will cosplay as members of their favourite bands, particularly in Harajuku, at live concerts in Japan, or in North America, Chile, Spain and Australia at anime conventions.

Bands:
Visual Kei bands, being defined primarily by visual style, do not necessarily play a specific type of music. They most often play general J-rock (Luna Sea, Dir en grey) and vocal based pop or light rock (Glay, Gackt).

However, there are also bands playing or influenced by Heavy Metal (Sex Machineguns, Onmyo-Za), Darkwave (Velvet Eden, Schwarz Stein), Industrial rock, Punk rock and various other genres can be found. Taking the genre in a wide sense, most of the bands would be considered to play some kind of "rock" music. Particularly popular in recent years are the projects of Mana; Malice Mizer (now defunct) and Moi dix Mois.

Within the field of Visual Kei several popular movements have arose; the fashion style Gothic Lolita and the musical sub-genres; EroGuro and Angura Kei, which form particular visual styles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_Kei

So I totally completely love this genre, for real, not only Malice Mizer, (I'm posting mostly their pictures because my computer is full of them, and I don't really have a lot of pics from other bands, shame on me I know), but there are so many, and I mean SO many bands that could be talked about, and this is what this thread is all about, bands recommendations, post lyrics translations, reviews and a whole lot of sharing and trading! Fanfiction? Why not!

Anything JROCK/VISUALKEI/JPOP related is sure as hell welcome!

Now! Who wants to share?!

I'll start first and offer ANYONE a big huge cyber hug if you can link me to Gazette's Tokyo Shinjuu lyrics translation!

Talk to me people talk to meee, any jrockers out there, this is your mating call bwahaha, come little children and speak up! I wanna see who has some reaaally good music taste over here ne! Oh and I hope Blackgir doesn't get maddy at me ^^' I mean goodie, hontou! (for real!)

Ah yes, one last thing, if you're a geek like me and sometimes post phrases in pretty pretty japanese, be a good sexy-beam and translate onegai! (please!) see how easy that was?!

Alright! *huggles* Post on! </crazyfangirlsqueals>

Poll

Favorite Visual K/JRock/JPop Band/Singer out of these:

X Japan
Dir en Grey
Other, name it
Moi Dix Mois
Gackt
Malice Mizer
Gazette
L'arc en Ciel/HYDE
Due le Quartz/Miyavi

Total votes: 56
01.10.2006 - 21:12
Linak
I Own You Bitch
omg you downloaded the making of??? omg you are so in love right now hahaha or at least in the process... omg yeah!! join the club! *cough* download the making of vanilla, that one is SO worth it... mmm *cough*
haha
Notice now you used the word 'download' and not 'download in youtube' you can't fool me now bwahaha
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
02.10.2006 - 03:25
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Eddie on 01.10.2006 at 15:33

@Darth Satanious
The original version of 'Mizerable' does have its charme. But to me it doesn't feel like they put more stuff in it for the sake of it, but when Gackt starts to sing, I agree that there is a little bit too much going on. But on other parts of the song the many different layers, the stronger guitars, Gackts pronunciation hahah, makes it more appealing, to me that is Oh yeah, I also downloaded the PV and the Making Of haha

I know what you mean but I don't hold the ending result in such high esteem. What set this original song apart from the rest, at least for me, is the violin melody and being drowned by just guitar jamming, by distortion makes the song kind of annoying (the guitars are not making a riff, not even following the violin melody, they are just making noise). Gackt voice is different (perhaps just for the sake of making the song different) and I don't like it; those voices' samples do not help either. I will stay with the first one; it is simpler and more authentic.

And the promotional video of that song is a Final Fantasy VIII rip-off.
----
Christless
08.10.2006 - 22:00
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Written by Linak on 01.10.2006 at 21:12

omg you downloaded the making of??? omg you are so in love right now hahaha or at least in the process... omg yeah!! join the club! *cough* download the making of vanilla, that one is SO worth it... mmm *cough*
haha
Notice now you used the word 'download' and not 'download in youtube' you can't fool me now bwahaha

hahah ah well, yeah, got a nice load of Dir en grey pv's as well ^^ and the first half of the Rock am Ring gig of this year, the 2nd part wouldn't download anymore

Got nothing to do, so here is my opinion on Diabolos of Gackt ^^

This album is alright, nothing really too special. But its nice that its a bit more guitar driven, the songs though are overall really quite basic. It starts of with the nice sounding (usual) intro and jumps into the first track, which is a bit bland, not really anything too special. 'Noesis' is better, though the thing that his voice distorted lasts a little bit too long, but when he goes into normal vocals the transition is quite energetic. 'Metamorphoze' is a nice track as well, I remember seeing the video of that song, the Gundam thingie, cool video ^^ but I didn't downloaded it!! (yet?). The chorus got stuck for a while in my mind of this song xD Somehow the tracks 'Black Stone', 'Storm' and 'Road' all don't appeal to me. The last track is better then. I liked 'Mars' more ^^

I will post Renter en Soi as next "review"
09.10.2006 - 13:22
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Sorry for the double post.

hahah I got it good xD Malice Mizer is just a little bit lower.
09.10.2006 - 22:15
Linak
I Own You Bitch
pffffff omg you are TOTALLY a crazyrabidfangirl!! okay listen everyone, we're gonna change our custom title thingies, in your case (Blackgir and Eddie) you gotta go into crazyrabidfangirlmod *cross fingers hoping they fit* and if not well, shorten it a bit I don't care, and I'll be crazyrabidfangirl#1 yeah that's me bwahaha

You... you fangirl!! >.< haha *giggles madly* ahh you know, I went to a Visual Kei festival thingie on saturday night and they were projecting Gackt, Malice Mizer and Dir en Grey videos on a huuuge wall on the back, my mouth was watering so badly and I was running from side to side of the thing going "omfgackt!!" lol

Anywaaaay about your Diabolos's review, it was actually kind of what I thought too, but it's still one of my top Gackt full lengths *snort* *giggle* *blush* *naughty wetdreammaterial* *cough* ever I think Farewell and Roads are the best tracks but oh well, potato potato

Ah okay now is time to download AAALL the available fanservice fanmade videos of KaoruxToshiya, ToshiyaxShinya, DiexShinya (even though Die is, I quote, "heterosexual" *snort* nobody's buying it haha he's after all, a fucking lobster, lobsters are gay... *snort really loud*) and KyoxToshiya (yeah Toshiya's the big big slut here haha) ... anyway, there are some REALLY good ones like that one when they're at some party and Toshiya takes Shinya's head and pulls him to his lips omg omg I swear... that was good ahh *squeals*

The Gackt fanservice vids are better though we actually get to see him kiss his bandmembers *cough*Chacha kiss Chacha kiss* and hump some of his other members *cough*Vanilla live Vanilla live*cough* hehe ñ_ñ ahh and he is so damn sexual it hurts I swear haha

Anywaaaay I've rambled enough, anyway... try to get the vid of Kaoru stretching that's a good one bwahaha *fangirl*

Eh... that's all haha ñ_ñ
----
09.10.2006 - 22:35
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
'crazyrabidfangirlmod' won't fit, unfortanetly and well, haha, I'm still a guy, who is straight, so I will let the fanservice vids be for what they are xD

Hehe, yeah, Veronica told me about your trip to the Visual Kei fest, all chained up hahah. Oh hey:

Isn't it cute? ^^
09.10.2006 - 23:05
AntaeusM
Elite
custom title..? as in a fanclub? hm.. I rather not call myself a crazyrabidfangirl you know I am even surprised you let me in after all the things I said about Gackt(and Hyde)
Anyway, I think I will pass, don't be mad

Well, not all fanmade videos are bad, but you should just kinda avoid all the yaoi stuff. There are also some very funny ones. Don't know about Dir en Grey though. They never interested me. but for example the Beast of Blood interpretation that was posted in the Moi Dix Mois/Malice Mizer thread was hilarious, and so are some other fanvideos. just avoid the yaoi thingies

oh by the way, new diary entry of Hora. it made me so smile that he tried to cast Curaga on himself so he could cure himself of his sneaker obsession. oh well, I guess no one cares here Hora's diary entries are just pure gold

I am looking forward to the Rentrer en Soi review I am curious what you think about them.
09.10.2006 - 23:26
Shiryu
Account deleted
:=0 errrr X JAPAN is not a visual kei band!!! they are "Visual" not Visual Kei

Visual= X JAPAN
Visual Kei= Malice Mizer

;o
10.10.2006 - 02:11
Linak
I Own You Bitch
@Eddie: ahh you're no fun, you should at least come up with something that could fit, like... 'diru fetish' or 'I love Kyo' haha I dont know admit it, you ARE a crazyrabidfangirl we all are haha
And that Kyo thingie is priceless, he's still sexy as ever and I don't beileve you.... haha I bet you'll see those fanservice vids I am SO sure X3

@Blackgir: ehh : )))

you still are a crazyrabidfangirl!! maybe not so much of other musicians nwo that you are obsessed with Hora but still, being obsessed with Hora is being a crazyrabidfangirl, he is to you what sneakers are to him!! XD awww : )))

and yaoi fanvids are LOVE! >.< lol

@Shiryu: ah well care to explain that to me? because you just lost me there...
----
10.10.2006 - 02:46
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Linak on 10.10.2006 at 02:11

@Blackgir: ehh : )))

you still are a crazyrabidfangirl!! maybe not so much of other musicians nwo that you are obsessed with Hora but still, being obsessed with Hora is being a crazyrabidfangirl, he is to you what sneakers are to him!! XD awww : )))

and yaoi fanvids are LOVE! >.< lol

Hora is not that much respected among the crazyrabidfangirls? Maybe because he doesn't dress up like a girl or look like a..gaysexual?
Well, did you read his latest entry? He might go to the US and buy all kind of sneakers there

not really yaoi fanvids are only fun for crazyrabidfangirls, otherwise they are just weird
10.10.2006 - 04:46
Alouqua
Account deleted
Well... after a long long (too long) time finally I have my decision about this poll (and was kind of hard):
1 without any doubt MOI DIX MOIS: Mana is a great musician and he knows how please me... I can't compare their music with anything right now, they are just too good...
2 Dir en Grey: Also a great band but this one have something really special to me, they are so funny! I mean, I enjoy their music but i enjoy even more their videos, concerts and interviews.... and well I really love their videos like obscure or Cube... (and I have to admit I love toshiya, Kaoru, Kyo and... SHINYA! lol, yes I do and don't ask me why)
3 Gazette and L'arc en Ciel: well both bands are really enjoyable, funny and.. cute? kawai? lol

So my vote goes for: Moi dix mois.

About the thread....
Linak, I understand you, I also enjoy Yaoi fanservice... vid like:
this one you mentioned before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYeNjbyMzE4
or this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRTLmgMuS60
... this other: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ctKDCegi4k
and this.. that make my mom crazy (and i have to hear she talking about Japanese gay bands lol): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K8qq9ahpLo

and KYO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c78ev_FlqHI .. yeah, so much better than Obscure pic!

Please, be kind with me... i'm just a newbie in this world and this is just my opinion!
10.10.2006 - 05:48
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Agh!! >.< I had A WHOLE post already written about this and when I foolishly clicked on 'run' and added another url it totally switched this window and I lost everything I had typed aghh! *frustrated*

It was such a lovely post

agh anyway, I'll sum it up now

@Blackgir: Hora's just not that sexual we like it sexual remember? X3 and I still think you overrate him, ahh going to America to buy sneakers huh, ahh that man will never learn, he's too obsessed, and that's A LOT coming from a girl who really REALLY REALLY loves shoes... haha anyway <3 ^^'

@Alouqua: Ah I kind of thought you would say Mailce Mizer oh well, MDM is okay too I guess ^^' and girl, I LOVE your banner haha, now I'm SO proud of it, don't know, at this moment I'm so glad I did it oh oh those videos!! haha let's see let's see

First vid: pure awesomeness, serious drooling... ahh Totchi is such a slut hahaha

Second vid: OMG girl... you just hit a nerve... I hadn't seen this!! ahh! you know, Fuki fanservice makes me think wroong things just wroong haha yeah you have no idea how much this affects me... I have a dirty little secret bwahah ^^'

Third vid: Bleh... you know, Despairs Ray is... bleh, ah well they're good, but bleh... and the fanservice thingie was... bleh haha

Fourth vid: OMFG now THIS is fanservice!! :|:|:| tongue!! yes tongue!! >.< we all love tongue! >.< haha I'll watch it until I fall asleep ^^' (and now seriously, you and I know both Blackgir and Eddie will run to youtube to watch it... curiosity is greater and soo much more powerful than <babytalk> 'being straight' </babytalk> haha XD) anyway! GO TONGUE! haha omg I should change my costum title to that :|:| (been looking for an excuse to change it haha)

Last vid: haha Kyo *heart* the best kind of fanservice you can get is definitely 'self fanservice' haha he's just so weird it ends up being drop dead sexy : ))) I just love it when he touches himself onstage lol thanks for sharing this vid with me ^^' I really hadn't seen most of those.. ehem... situations

Ahh anywayyy have you seen Miyavi fanservice?? seriously.. he's the king of making out with guys haha, it's just the neck.. I blame his neck, because agh >.< fine! search for Miyavi fanservice, or better, download Oresama, his movie, damn... he's just.. he's damn... he's so... >.< *squeals* ah I love it when he kisses other men haha X3

Hey is my fangirlness going too far now?
----
10.10.2006 - 12:38
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
@Linak - Agh, yeah, sometimes I write my thingies in Word, just because internet has a tendency to error, and the rest of my pc as well...

hahah okay, I have to admit that I'm a bit of a crazyrabidfangirl, but only on Diru! haha, I actually watched that fanvid of Kyo that Alouqua posted xD and well *ahum* the song was fun! haha xD

@Blackgir - ahh hahah, yeah, I will find my way around the yaoi things, I believe this site has some stuff that doesn't fall in that category. I've been meaning to check some of those out for fun, but I didn't get to it yet ^^
10.10.2006 - 16:00
Alouqua
Account deleted
Linak, I'm so glad you like it and yeah, i have seen some videos of Miyavi and you are right, he is so fucking sexy.... and even more when he kiss someone. That kind of things always make me dream... and I want my dreams come true!
The four video... that one was really a problem because I start to scream when I saw that tongue and mom just came and she saw that (horrible, blasphemous, pervert...) fanservice and well you know.... I'm in troubles now... she hate this Japanese (homosexual) bands lol

Abut the banner I'm so happy too, you know I love it!!!!! Thanks again... and Mana is really all over this world... 3 banners!!!!

Eddie: Diru--- well I just love them, as I said they are so funny, them make me scream, laugh, cry... so I guess you are the only one...

SORRY! I vote for diru.... I mean, I make a mistake when I vote in the poll, but my real vote goes for MDM
10.10.2006 - 19:14
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Written by [user id=5217] on 10.10.2006 at 16:00

Eddie: Diru--- well I just love them, as I said they are so funny, them make me scream, laugh, cry... so I guess you are the only one...

I don't really understand, do you mean 'aren't the only one'? Because then I do understand, but otherwise you lost me haha. And I guess you are referring to crazyrabitfangirlness... Tell me if I'm completely misunderstanding you
10.10.2006 - 19:48
AntaeusM
Elite
@Linak
Well, Hora isn't sexual, that's true. and I am kinda glad he isn't. I don't want to think about him doing those yaoi thingies. bleh. Kaya was sexual though. At least, in some of his lyrics.

I am not overrating Hora. He is just a bit underappreciated by the fans of Visual Kei because he is normal, or maybe slightly geeky

you say Hora is more obsessed with sneakers than you are with shoes? omg, I don't agree with that. I bet you two could travel together through the entire US to buy shoes/sneakers and never get sick of each other's obsession

hm, you like Alouqua banner.. : anyway, it is great indeed

@Alouqua,
so you are a crazyrabidfangirl now too? I am waiting for the days till you start to talk about Yuki and Shuichi, or loveless thingies. It is quite common among crazyrabidfangirls
Hm, and I don't agree about Miyavi, Miyavi is just..horrible Cannot really say about his looks, but his music is just..very mediocre.

and eh, you should give Schwarz Stein a try one day I am not trying here to increase Hora's popularity.. Velvet Eden is good too just ask Linak haha.

@Eddie
That site looks pretty innocent. I already checked a lot of those non-yaoi videos on youtube, so well, I am familar with most of them. That site has too many bands/artists I don't like though. Thanks for the link anyway
15.10.2006 - 04:21
Alouqua
Account deleted
Eddie: sorry... that's what happen when you write something at 6:00 am.... LOL yeah, it was you 'aren't the only one' lol sorry!

Blackgir: define crazyrabidfangirl and i will tell you if I'm or if i'm not...
15.10.2006 - 05:13
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by [user id=5217] on 15.10.2006 at 04:21

Blackgir: define crazyrabidfangirl and i will tell you if I'm or if i'm not...

oh I like this question
a crazyrabidfangirl is basically someone who is obsessed with certain J-rockers(preferable Gackt, Hyde, or both). and is really into yaoi. I think a crazyrabidfangirl would do anything to discover any tiny fact about their favourite Jrockers. They prefer to discover sexual things about them. Also, crazyrabidfangirls are really into fanservices, fanfics etc. about their favourite Jrockers.

That's why Hora isn't that popular among crazyrabidfangirls. He only talks about sneakers and his cat.

Oh well, I think that description was accurate I might forget something, but that is just because I am not a crazyrabidfangirl. but I guess this was quite accurate
15.10.2006 - 07:11
Alouqua
Account deleted
Ok, so this is going to he hard....
First: No, I'm not obsessed with Gackt may be Hyde but just because se is SO cute... but no, my real obsession is Mana and well Toshiya.... and Shinya (ok, i have the theory that I love males that look like a woman and doesn't smile)...
About the Yaoi thing... well... I do like yaoi, in fact I like manga and all those things since.. ever. And I love gay things too (but is a secret don't tell anyone!)... so yeah... Ai no Kusabi, Loveless, Gravitation, Gakuen Heaven (yaoi?), Sukisho, Papa to KISS IN THE DARK and Bronze are my personal fav. (and one other that is a secret lol)...
And No, i'm not the kind of person who love to know everything about artist's life because half of that things are just lies and I never know if something is true... but the sexual thing... I would love to discover some weird things, but I'm not so sure if I would believe in it...
Fanservice and fanfics... I'm really crazy about it! who doesn't? be honest.. it can be fun or sexy... but is always something good to see...

So i'm not sure if i'm a crazyrabidfangirl or not... what do you say?
15.10.2006 - 15:51
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Ha, that doesn't make me a cracyrabidfangirl now does it? I mean, I've never searched for fanfics, so I can't be into them On the other hand, Alouqua, I think you can't really deny it oh, and don't worry about the typo, I understood it then.
15.10.2006 - 16:11
AntaeusM
Elite
@Alouqua
You are a crazyrabidfangirl You think Hyde is cute, obsession with other Jrockers(members of Dir En Grey and Mana, who are also quite popular among the crazyrabidfangirls). I also remember you have mentioned Miyavi earlier in this topic. You are into yaoi, I see you are even quite knowledgeable about the yaoi themed manga/anime haha. All of that make you a crazyrabidfangirl

fanfics can be fun, same for fanservices, but well, as I said earlier in this topic, no yaoi. Yaoi is just weird. I have enjoyed quite a few of fanfics. That is mostly because every Jrocker has its own personallity, and since the scene is so visual, we learn a lot about their personallities, which makes it great to read fics about them.
16.10.2006 - 13:41
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Written by AntaeusM on 15.10.2006 at 05:13

but that is just because I am not a crazyrabidfangirl.

Pfff ... *snorts*
denial my friend, it's called denial
hah <3
----
16.10.2006 - 20:51
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Linak on 16.10.2006 at 13:41

Pfff ... *snorts*
denial my friend, it's called denial
hah <3

ahh*smiles*

fine, convince me I am wrong
16.10.2006 - 21:48
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
So, finally haha, here is my opinion about Rentre en Soi's album 'Yurikago'.

The first track, the intro song, is quite cool, I can enjoy those kinds of songs (anyone happen to know any artists that play such music??). It's a bit like electronic drum sounds, with female choir like vocals and a bit of a enchanting sound to it. This is a good album, though it's a bit of a shame that the quality of the recordings are a bit fluctuant. For example the track 'Sincerely' has good production but then 'Monochrome Cinema' is a bit less, a bit more muffy. Though if you look through the muffy production you can still hear a great track, with a really catchy guitar line. The highlights of this album for me are the songs 'Sincerely', 'Vision Of You', 'Aqua', 'Hamon Tsutau Memai' and the intro. The vocals really appeal to me and sound great in those tracks. So pretty much all of them except for 2 tracks 'Re-birth' and 'Fallen', those tracks didn't really do it for me, 'Re-birth' is still pretty much alright but 'Fallen' annoys me a bit, mainly because of the vocals, also the guitar riffs somehow don't do it for me, it doesn't sound right. Overall it's a good album, it really is, I like it, so, thanks Blackgir

Oh and sorry that it took me a while to write this
16.10.2006 - 23:01
AntaeusM
Elite
@Eddie
I have heard that the vocalist is singing the first song of the album, but I really doubt it. so I am not sure if it is a rumor or that it is true. I don't own the album, so I can't say. Some vocalists do tend to sound like a woman. so it could be possible. Though, this is VERY feminine, not a sign of a male voice in it, so I doubt it..

I agree with the rest of your review. However, I really like "Re-Birth". but I guess that just depends on our personal taste. The heavier, chaotic sound of that song is nice. Aqua is also really nice, you should try to find the PV of that song. The PV is really nice and kinda artistic.

I am glad to hear you like it. From their new album I kinda like the single "Protoplasm", so you can try to find that song. The rest of the album is still mediocre though.

For similar songs to "the flow of time~in a cradle~". I cannot really say, I assume you have already listened to Hora's latest album. Some songs are quite similar to this song(but without vocals). "Flow" "Life" "Euphoria" etc. beside those, I don't know any other bands with such songs. And no, this is not another attempt to increase Hora's popularity, it is really the only artist I can think of with some similarity to that song.
16.10.2006 - 23:26
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
@Blackgir
I considered it that the vocalist would be singing the first song, I mean, you never know it really haha, but yeah, it also just sounded too feminine to me.

I actually have the pv of the song 'Aqua', and I agree, its really quite nice, tranquil.

THose songs you mention of Hora's album are alright indeed, but without the vocals its not the same, they really need to be there hahah oh hey, that reminds, I really like the intro song of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 1, its sort of the vain that I described, if I remember correctly, oh I really have to found that song and find out which artist it is ^^

- Some youtubing later... -

Found it! haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDxi6OlF6fY The artist is Origa and the song is called 'Inner Universe'
16.10.2006 - 23:52
AntaeusM
Elite
@Eddie
you did? haha, I didn't, till I have read it on the internet. Well, kaya from Schwarz Stein also tried to sound
feminine in one song, but you can hear this tiny "layer" of a deeper sound, a man voice. However, in this song, it must be a female, or a guy with a very feminine voice. I have heard the vocalist talking in interviews. He has a soft voice, but not really a feminine one.

Tranquil would be the correct word indeed. I also like how they look like in that PV. Colourful and a bit anime-styled. Too bad they changed their image.

ah "Inner Universe" the same name as Hora's first album the song is good
I see, well, the vocals weren't really neccesary in my opinion. Oh well, I have listened to the song, and I think I know another artist who you will really like. She made the soundtracks of the .hack animes and Tsubasa Chronicles. Her name is Yuki Kajiura. She made a lot of these kind of songs. However, I recommend you to watch the animes first before you are going to download the soundtracks
17.10.2006 - 00:21
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
@Blackgir
Haha yeah, also when Gackt is being all girly, you can just hear a faint recognition that it actually is a dude singing.

Oh they changed their style? I haven't really looked into them besides that album, I will though. What change did they went through?

Hahah Hora just keeps on popping up Thanks for the reccommendations, I will check it out, definately. Both the animes and soundtracks.
17.10.2006 - 19:02
AntaeusM
Elite
@Eddie
Gackt tried to sound girly? I cannot recall anything about that.. the only girly sounding vocalists I know are Satsuki and kaya.

Well, visually they changed a lot. It is no longer the colourful outfits from the Aqua video. They look more normal now, still visual though. Just different and less interesting. I don't like it. Also, the new album has more screams(more Dir en Greyish too), when I think that doesn't suit the band. Satsuki has a soft voice, and he tries to potrait himself as a fragile person(see: Aqua PV). so hearing him scream etc, is just weird and a bit out of his book.

Hm, I have no idea why Hora pops up everytime Your welcome the .hack animes are really fantastic. Tsubasa Chronicles is okay too(weird drawing style, but not bad..). Oh well, I hope you will enjoy the animes and soundtracks
17.10.2006 - 19:58
Linak
I Own You Bitch
@Blackgir: try getting your hands over Illness Illusion if you wanna hear Gackt singing girly, and damn he really does sound like a woman at the beginning of the song anyway, it-s really good, I guess you don't like him that much because you've mostly heard his commercial songs, and those aren't that good, there are some real treasures out there, Gackt deserves a chance! haha
----