Metal Storm logo
Farmakon

12.03.2007 - 15:05
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
A band which debuted with 'A Warm Glimpse', got varied comments here on MetalStorm. Some people called them Opeth clones, some people really liked the music. Some people did both.

I am very much looking forward to the new album (Robin). Two songs of that album can be heard at their official website: http://www.farmakonband.com/. Or maybe you bought the album.

I for one liked those songs very much. They are still very freaky and technical, but it suits more the the actual line of the songs. I am looking forward hearing the entire album, what do you say?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
13.03.2007 - 01:43
ylside
Staff
I say it's a rather average band as the Opeth feeling is way too present... however they have some great moments here and there, probably the first band to recommend to an opeth fan looking for something similar. I'm talking about A Warm Glimpse though. Didn't hear their new compositions.
13.03.2007 - 15:58
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
good band
hows the new album ?
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
13.03.2007 - 16:04
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
@ylside.

When talking about 'A Warm Glimpse', I surely agree with you. But I found the new album to be really great, far better than AWG. So please, do yourself a favor and check it out.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
13.03.2007 - 18:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
A Warm Glimpse was also really great. Okay, it did have the Opeth feeling but certainly wasn't an Opeth clone Farmakon also had quite a bit of their own sound on that album. And what people sem to forget is that A Warm Glimpse is ALREADY 4 (FOUR) years old.
I wonder what Robin will be like. I am sure to check it out though, since I am a fan of A Warm Glimpse as well.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.06.2007 - 00:30
ylside
Staff
Written by Lucas on 13.03.2007 at 16:04

@ylside.

When talking about 'A Warm Glimpse', I surely agree with you. But I found the new album to be really great, far better than AWG. So please, do yourself a favor and check it out.

Sorry for the super belated quote, I'm just listening to Robin and it's great !!! Better than AWG, I agree. It's great to notice the progress, but the Opeth riffs are still very present no matter what (Orchid/Morningrise kind of guitar riffs!)
31.05.2011 - 20:21
Tetravirulence
Way too much Opeth influences imo
----
Metal News Community!! http://head-metal-bangers.blogspot.com

RIP Juhani Palomaki (1977-2010)
31.05.2011 - 20:31
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I dunno, I've only listened to A Warm Glimpse, but the only Opeth influence I really heard was the vocals. They had a prominent thrash-tint as well as jazz and funk influence and I think they actually did style-wise more with their songs than Opeth did considering the length. I remember opening a thread on this band 5 years ago before the great clean up and it got the same reaction back then, that they were Opeth wannabes.