Metal Storm logo
Dark Tranquility - "Focus Shift" Video Posted Online

The Swedish melodic death metallers have posted their video for the song "Focus Shift" on YouTube.com. The clip was directed by Roger Johansson, who previously worked with the group on the "Lost to Apathy" and "The New Build" videos from the 2005 release "Character" [2005]. The "Focus Shift" video will be featured on the limited-edition version of the upcoming Dark Tranquility album, "Fiction".

You can view the video here.

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Dark Tranquillity
Posted: 18.03.2007 by lordz

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 5 users
18.03.2007 - 23:32
Trollfest
Niklas with his black hair
19.03.2007 - 00:52
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
sounds like Lost to Apathy.
19.03.2007 - 01:40
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
*sigh* Why can't directors of metal videos think of anything better than just showing the band play? Either it's only the band (Dark Tranquillity, Machine Men) or it's only the band half of the time and during the other half the pathetic attempt of a story (Amon Amarth, Firewind). I could understand it if those bands weren't known and only had a small budget. But in contrary, it's those with a low budget like SpiRitual, Negura Bunget or Disillusion who manage to come up with something decent, profound and creative.

[/rant]

Alright, back on topic - crappy video, Mikael looks like a gay dancer during at least one occasion; at least the song is decent, could've been from Character just as well.
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
19.03.2007 - 02:03
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Good song but deception with the video. Just the band playing and Mikael who makes it tons .....
19.03.2007 - 02:49
Stigmatized
Lame video, pretty good song. The other songs on the album are better.
19.03.2007 - 13:25
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Very good song, standard video...
Mikael is the only great in the clip, I like his style of song interpretation (I know he looks a bit gay but he's cool, in the clips and live too...)
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
21.03.2007 - 05:23
Bitch Boy
I also agree that the video was very boring
21.03.2007 - 11:49
matthioso
great song, average video. the 'average' is because of Mikael, I mean come on. what the hell is he trying to do, some sort of voodoo dance?
the good part of the video is to see the band play, yes I like that in a video. I even like videos with half part band and the other part story the best
----
www.seedofrock.be
02.06.2007 - 14:38
777venom777
Account deleted
again and again martin is perfect.

Hits total: 2427 | This month: 2