Metal Storm logo
Leaves' Eyes - Liv Kristine Out, New Singer Announced

Leaves' Eyes just announced that Norwegian singer and founding member Liv Kristine is not part of the band anymore. This is a major change as she was always the frontwoman and a songwriter of the band. She is being replaced by Elina Siirala, a Finnish vocalist living in London. They have announced her as their new singer without much explaining about why they part ways with Liv Kristine.

The band said: "Liv was the female voice of the band since the beginning in 2003. Together we toured through 50 countries and 5 continents, moreover we recorded 6 studio albums with outstanding singer Liv. We are full of pride in what we have reached together! From the bottom of our hearts we want to thank Liv for amazing 13 years of being our front lady, the work we have done together and all the passion for music that we shared all these years! We wish Liv all the best for the future, her solo career and other projects! Liv will always be an important part of the Leaves' Eyes history but now we are looking forward to a new chapter and the new musical adventures of Leaves' Eyes!"

Liv Kristine commented briefly: "I am highly proud of having been founding member and front lady of Leaves' Eyes, which has played a vital role in my life since 2003. Good luck guys, thank you for the amazing music, outstanding moments with our worldwide audiences, moreover, the passion we all share. Love, Liv."

Liv added on her personal Facebook page: "It's with sadness I see the latest news reaching you. That this chapter in my life would have to end so soon was not my intention. Life must go on. For all of us. I wish Leaves' Eyes with their decisions and plans all the best for the future. I will keep you posted with good news soon!"

Elina Siirala comments: "I can't quite express how grateful and honored I am for being asked to join Leaves' Eyes, one of the most iconic bands in symphonic metal! I have the utmost respect for Liv and the band and what they've achieved over the years! I take on this challenge with a huge excitement and look forward to the new chapter in my career. It's truly thrilling to be working with such talented musicians who also are some of the nicest people I've met. My biggest passion is to make music and perform, so right now I can't wait to see what the future will bring!"

Leaves' Eyes will be touring around the globe with the new singer Elina Siirala. The live world premiere will be in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Moreover, there will be an Earbook tour edition of their latest album King Of Kings released in June, including a new version and video clip of "Edge of Steel" featuring new singer Elina.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Leaves' Eyes
Posted: 16.04.2016 by Bad English

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 56   Visited by: 286 users
17.04.2016 - 12:41
muska
Written by Polaria on 17.04.2016 at 10:55

Some comfort here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvZ8llmVMSQ

Wow, thanks for this. I guess some hope remains for ToT again...
17.04.2016 - 12:45
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Quote:
Quote:
Written by Polaria on 17.04.2016 at 05:26

Could be personal reasons they want to keep private, too.

Seeing how things are developing on Facebook, that will not stay private for long...

examples please , keep us update
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.04.2016 - 12:47
RaduP
CertifiedHipster
Staff
Written by M C Vice on 17.04.2016 at 04:17

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.04.2016 at 00:51

Written by Lord_Regnier on 17.04.2016 at 00:12

Was Liv Kristine the only founding member left or is there still a founding member in the band?

If there is still a founding member in the band, it's possible that she could leave or be fired and the band could continue without her (though they might have to pay her a compensation). However, if she was the only founding member left, then the rights on the name should belong to her (unless she agreed to renounce to it).

There are bands around without any founding members in them. First one that springs to mind is Asphyx.

Stratovarius and Holy Moses are another 2.

Also Opeth, Quiet Riot and Yes
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
17.04.2016 - 14:09
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by RaduP on 17.04.2016 at 12:47

Also Opeth, Quiet Riot and Yes

Opeth has Mikael Akerfeldt in it. Although he was not the original vocalist he is an original member, more or less. If you consider Opet as the exact same band as Opeth then you're right, if you consider them as two different band, then MIkael is an original member.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.04.2016 - 14:33
FYA
Destroyer
Well...in my country we say "If it's unknown what's going on, it's about money".
17.04.2016 - 14:47
Spacerunner
Meanwhile, Elina is a fantastic singer, imo better than Liv: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYWsWZkYPcI
17.04.2016 - 15:23
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by Lord_Regnier on 16.04.2016 at 21:45

Strange. Even the band's name was related to her.

Haha yes imagine Satyricon without Satyr.
17.04.2016 - 15:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Hex_Omega on 17.04.2016 at 15:23

Easily since the band is not named after him. The band is named after the Fellini film.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.04.2016 - 17:35
Polaria
Quote:
Quote:
Written by Bad English on 17.04.2016 at 12:45

Written by Polaria on 17.04.2016 at 05:26

Could be personal reasons they want to keep private, too.

Seeing how things are developing on Facebook, that will not stay private for long...

examples please , keep us update

The father of Liv Kristine, Henning Bloch, is posting messages asking Alexander to tell the truth about what he has done. Seems to me that someone's having his midlife crisis.
----
Life is all the pain we endeavour.
17.04.2016 - 17:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Polaria on 17.04.2016 at 17:35

The father of Liv Kristine, Henning Bloch, is posting messages asking Alexander to tell the truth about what he has done. Seems to me that someone's doing his midlife crisis.

his FB please ....
----

apos;'
[image]
17.04.2016 - 17:51
Polaria
Written by Bad English on 17.04.2016 at 17:46

Written by Polaria on 17.04.2016 at 17:35

The father of Liv Kristine, Henning Bloch, is posting messages asking Alexander to tell the truth about what he has done. Seems to me that someone's doing his midlife crisis.

his FB please ....

This link for example.
----
17.04.2016 - 20:12
Ruchesko
Written by Polaria on 16.04.2016 at 23:04

Hypothesis 1:
Alexander and Liv are getting divorced.

That would be my guess.

This just feels a bit surreal, like if Sharon were to bail on WT.
17.04.2016 - 20:25
Opethian
This band hasn't been the same in years and I dont follow Symphonic Metal bands much nowadays. Whatever ...
17.04.2016 - 20:40
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.04.2016 at 15:43

Written by Hex_Omega on 17.04.2016 at 15:23

Easily since the band is not named after him. The band is named after the Fellini film.

Whatever
17.04.2016 - 22:33
diffydaffy
Liv was (is?) still married to Krull in the past year. Funny saw on her Facebook or the band's Facebook a picture of her with another man who was not Krull. This was in the past 12 months or so. I'm guessing this was bubbling for quite some time and the mysterious reunion with Theatre of Tragedy plus more projects outside of Leaves Eyes such as that Sirens thing only contributed to it.
17.04.2016 - 22:51
Xyanade
I'm afraid this gonna be candidate to the 2016 Metal Storm drama of the year, and not a write in one.
17.04.2016 - 22:58
Polaria
Written by Xyanade on 17.04.2016 at 22:51

I'm afraid this gonna be candidate to the 2016 Metal Storm drama of the year, and not a write in one.

Yes it has reached that status in just one day - that's quite an anti-achievement
----
17.04.2016 - 23:31
Vombatus
Potorro
Never bothered in checking the band, but whenever I see her name I always think of that retard "women in metal" article she wrote. Ah, good laughs
17.04.2016 - 23:35
Xyanade
Written by Polaria on 17.04.2016 at 22:58

Yes it has reached that status in just one day - that's quite an anti-achievement

I mean both ways... For one it's ridiculous to fire the founding member while the band is named after Liv, not to mention what happened in FB; for another, the original ToT is likely coming to live, that's the only bright side of the whole thing. Last two of Leaves' Eyes's album did not meet the standard of quality at all, and now I guess I know how and why.
18.04.2016 - 00:17
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Written by Xyanade on 17.04.2016 at 23:35

I mean both ways... For one it's ridiculous to fire the founding member while the band is named after Liv, not to mention what happened in FB; for another, the original ToT is likely coming to live, that's the only bright side of the whole thing. Last two of Leaves' Eyes's album did not meet the standard of quality at all, and now I guess I know how and why.

Really? King of Kings has the best rating on MetalStorm since Vinland Saga. Not saying those ratings are super accurate, but they're usually a pretty decent representation of quality imo. I haven't listened to any of their albums since Njord though, which I thought hit or miss (some songs great, others terrible).
18.04.2016 - 00:25
Spacerunner
Written by WorpeX on 18.04.2016 at 00:17
Really? King of Kings has the best rating on MetalStorm since Vinland Saga.

It has the smallest number of votes of all albums. Ratings tend to get lower with more votes.
18.04.2016 - 14:44
Xyanade
Written by WorpeX on 18.04.2016 at 00:17

Written by Xyanade on 17.04.2016 at 23:35

Really? King of Kings has the best rating on MetalStorm since Vinland Saga. Not saying those ratings are super accurate, but they're usually a pretty decent representation of quality imo. I haven't listened to any of their albums since Njord though, which I thought hit or miss (some songs great, others terrible).

Just looke at how many ppl actually rate the album. It's so.... that I don't even have the mood to rate it. They have totally lost grip of how to create something together as a band, and if the FB fighting is true we know who's to blame.
18.04.2016 - 15:19
PocketMetal
Wow, I didn't know so many people care about Leaves' Eyes. I always considered them a B-grade band even in the fading symphonic metal scene.
18.04.2016 - 16:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by PocketMetal on 18.04.2016 at 15:19

Wow, I didn't know so many people care about Leaves' Eyes. I always considered them a B-grade band even in the fading symphonic metal scene.

ppl care rumors what I started and b level, I disagree, she is a level into genre, but atrocity sounding rip of whit female vocals
----

apos;'
[image]
18.04.2016 - 21:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

apos;'
[image]
23.04.2016 - 03:23
Novas
I wonder how this is gonna effect Liv Kristine & Alex Krull's marriage, since Leaves Eyes was formed due to their love for each other lol

Hits total: 7054 | This month: 18