Metal Storm logo
Possessed

23.05.2006 - 01:30
Mega-Slayer
Wow I never new how great this band was till the other day I listened to their classic album "Seven Churches",now its my new fav. album.Its a shame they had such a short lived career,I haven't heard their other albums are they good as well?They are the pioneers of death metal,aren't they?Seven chuches is filled with heavy riffs and fast drum work and Jeff Becerra does a good job with his growling vocals.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
23.05.2006 - 01:33
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
Yeah, Possessed is definitely an awesome band. Seven Churches is my favorite old school death metal album. I heard that their other stuff is actually pretty crappy though.... Anyhow my favorite tracks are The Exorcist, Burning in Hell, and Death Metal.
23.05.2006 - 01:34
Stigmatized
Supposedly, Death Metal got it's name from the "Seven Churches" album. I have it, and it's a good album. I respect what it did for death metal. I just don't frequently listen to it for some reason....
23.05.2006 - 01:36
Trifixion
Account deleted
Yeah all I have is Seven Churches also but it's awesome. I also have 2 songs from other albums though that I downloaded, and I don't think it's bad but it's definetly not Seven Churches material. Which was pretty much the first DM album ever. Awesome band, look at they started!
23.05.2006 - 02:52
Tobias P
Account deleted
I will say the band is pre-death, their is defently som thrash elments on thtat record (seven churhes), but again many of the old death metal bands has some thrash elments on their first record.

Written by Guest on 23.05.2006 at 01:36

Yeah all I have is Seven Churches also but it's awesome. I also have 2 songs from other albums though that I downloaded, and I don't think it's bad but it's definetly not Seven Churches material. Which was pretty much the first DM album ever. Awesome band, look at they started!

I think i is from their secord (and last) album; Beyond the Gates. but i'm not sure, cause the have done some demos/spilt ect. The band was accuatly reformed about 2003, but they sadly broke up again.
23.05.2006 - 04:51
Trifixion
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 23.05.2006 at 02:52

I will say the band is pre-death, their is defently som thrash elments on thtat record (seven churhes), but again many of the old death metal bands has some thrash elments on their first record.

Written by Guest on 23.05.2006 at 01:36

I think i is from their secord (at last) album; Beyond the Gates. but i'm not sure, cause the have done some demos/spilt ect. The band was accuatly reformed about 2003, but they sadly broke up again.

Yeah one of the songs is from Beyond The Gates and the other is from The Eyes Of Horror, which I think was an EP.
Heh this thread inspired me to listen to Seven Churches again, agh what a sick album
23.05.2006 - 08:09
X-pert74
Account deleted
I love Possessed While I think of Seven Churches as Death Metal, I think it also had an influence on a lot of Black Metal bands as well. And Beyond The Gates and The Eyes Of Horror are pretty solid Thrash albums.
23.05.2006 - 21:00
Richard
Elite
Written by Guest on 23.05.2006 at 08:09

I love Possessed While I think of Seven Churches as Death Metal, I think it also had an influence on a lot of Black Metal bands as well. And Beyond The Gates and The Eyes Of Horror are pretty solid Thrash albums.

Yep, I agree with that. Beyond The Gates and The Eyes of Horror have a negative reputation but they're good in their own right, just not up to the standard of the classic debut Seven Churches. The production on Beyond The Gates is really strange too, even on the remastered reissue (which has Beyond The Gates and The Eyes of Horror EP on the same disc).

Anyone interested, please check out my review of Seven Churches here at Metal Storm:
----
23.05.2006 - 21:27
Mega-Slayer
Written by Richard on 23.05.2006 at 21:00

Written by Guest on 23.05.2006 at 08:09

Yep, I agree with that. Beyond The Gates and The Eyes of Horror have a negative reputation but they're good in their own right, just not up to the standard of the classic debut Seven Churches. The production on Beyond The Gates is really strange too, even on the remastered reissue (which has Beyond The Gates and The Eyes of Horror EP on the same disc).

Anyone interested, please check out my review of Seven Churches here at Metal Storm:

Hey excellent review man,I maid a comment as well.
----

24.05.2006 - 01:50
Richard
Elite
Written by Mega-Slayer on 23.05.2006 at 21:27

Hey excellent review man,I maid a comment as well.

Thanks, I appreciate it. The fact that you regard Seven Churches so highly although you discovered it quite recently shows that the album has stood the test of time. It's cool that new generations will listen to it and enjoy it, that it still sounds impressive and has impact all these years after it was originally released. (And I'm including myself in that, I didn't hear Seven Churches when it was originally released - I was only 10 years old in 1985! I first heard it sometime in the mid 1990's!)
----
24.05.2006 - 02:13
Otis
Account deleted
Possessed is one of the most underrated bands in metal history. I really think that "Seven Churches" had a HUGE effect of not only the death metal community but also the thrash metal scene too. I really think it forced all the bands of that time to step it up speed wise and in terms of there playing.

"Seven Churches" is a classic.
24.05.2006 - 03:52
Mega-Slayer
Written by Guest on 24.05.2006 at 02:13

Possessed is one of the most underrated bands in metal history. I really think that "Seven Churches" had a HUGE effect of not only the death metal community but also the thrash metal scene too. I really think it forced all the bands of that time to step it up speed wise and in terms of there playing.

"Seven Churches" is a classic.

Well said man
----

26.06.2006 - 23:55
rebelos
Account deleted
does anyone knows what happend to Jeff Becerra??
27.06.2006 - 01:53
Mega-Slayer
Written by Guest on 26.06.2006 at 23:55

does anyone knows what happend to Jeff Becerra??

I believe he was paralyzed,which is why possessed disbanded.Its a shame they could have had alot of great music.
----

27.06.2006 - 02:12
rebelos
Account deleted
yeah i know he's been paralized...
but someone told me that he works as a lawyer!
27.06.2006 - 02:29
danzig111
Account deleted
I really don't like the band.......the music just doesn't do it for me.

the only old school Death Metal i can get into is Sepultura ....and Morbid Angel (if you count their earlier albums as old school DM) .
27.06.2006 - 02:31
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Besides everything "Seven Churches" means for Death Metal -which I respect- I had never enjoyed that album that much... true that old-school Death it's not my favourite genre, but I had tried and tried with Possessed and nothing happens.
27.06.2006 - 16:32
DeathButcher
Account deleted
I love this band. Seven Churches is one of the best death metal albums in the world. Beyond the Gates is very good to
30.06.2006 - 19:02
Megadeth88
I just started listening to Possessed the other day and WOW! This band is fuckin' good. I'm glad my friends told me about this band, or I'd still be clueless as how good these guys are. But anyway, I only have their Seven Churches album, and man that is a bad ass death metal album. I still need to listen to Beyond The Gates, and The Eyes of Horror. Heard they were two great albums.
26.09.2006 - 12:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Does you all know thay ahd realsied new EP this yer in june
''Ashes From Hell''
here are track list
1. The Exorcist (Ashes Edit)
2. Confessions (Rough Mix)
3. Death Metal (live)
4. Burning in Hell (live)

and live songs are recordet:
"Death Metal"
Date : September 7th 1985
Venue : Ruthies Inn, Berkeley, CA.

"Burning in Hell"
Venue : Ruthies Inn, Berkeley, CA

Does someone had hear it, i know its old songs but still its soemthing new and I wanna hera it i know its realised 2000 copies but seems till me thay wont come

I had hear ''Seven Churches'' and ''Beyound The Gates'' but I never had hera them live and I know thay had ''Agony in Paradise'' Live album, but i hawnt hear it

Studio vesrion are great and its old school band, thats why I like it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.09.2006 - 20:51
Mega-Slayer
Written by Bad English on 26.09.2006 at 12:24

''Ashes From Hell''
here are track list
3. Death Metal (live)

"Death Metal"

"Burning in Hell"

Does someone had hear it, i know its old songs but still its soemthing new and I wanna hera it i know its realised 2000 copies but seems till me thay wont come

I had hear ''Seven Churches'' and ''Beyound The Gates'' but I never had hera them live and I know thay had ''Agony in Paradise'' Live album, but i hawnt hear it

This Ep was released this year?If so where can you get it?
----

26.09.2006 - 20:57
Mega-Slayer
I read on Blabbermouth,that their where only 1,000 copies released worldwide and its only on vinyl.
----

26.09.2006 - 21:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mega-Slayer on 26.09.2006 at 20:51

Written by Bad English on 26.09.2006 at 12:24

''Ashes From Hell''
here are track list
3. Death Metal (live)

"Death Metal"

"Burning in Hell"

This Ep was released this year?If so where can you get it?

I dont know where you cn get it and yes its this year EP

I just know its realsied this year cech band MS
----

apos;'
[image]
15.10.2006 - 07:34
Evil Warrior
Account deleted
Seven Churches is like an orgasm for my ears. Not sure if that makes sense but you get it. I just ordered a remastered version. I wish I could find a place with Possessed T's...sigh.
17.10.2006 - 00:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Mega-Slayer on 26.09.2006 at 20:57

I read on Blabbermouth,that their where only 1,000 copies released worldwide and its only on vinyl.

haha Its rear album, so luck ho can get it and I doubt we get it some 400 in Uk, some 400 in USA 200 in who knows or maybe some 400 be sale in net,. dunno man.
----

apos;'
[image]
17.10.2006 - 00:33
DOOM
Account deleted
Sack, ive just posted a long pst and ......... well. Possessed are unique. before there time.
22.10.2006 - 14:59
Doh
Seven Churches is the best , The Eyes Of Horror is ok too , Beyond The Gates is boring.
03.12.2006 - 11:44
Grind_Bastard
Account deleted
Well this is kinda complicated...i mean...they have the primitive tehnicality of death metal...but still not perfectly fit for death...they also sound somewhat of a thrash metal band...also very complicated...cos' they are not thrash...maybe a thrash influenced death metal band...or the other way around...
I liked Seven churches as all others here seem too...kinda primitive ( just they way i like it ) but really good...
08.08.2007 - 11:47
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Video footage of Possessed performing the track "Confessions" at this year's Wacken Open Air festival has been posted on YouTube at this location.
27.10.2007 - 13:22
orathac
Account deleted
Seven Churches is the best ***ing metal album in the world !
i will buy it on vinyl !