Blackmass
Crux Caelifera
Hecate
Florestas Negras
Vultos Vociferos

Total votes: 5
06.04.2007 - 16:37
Reborn Nemesis
I've noticed that the Brazilian Black Metal scene is full of underground bands that no one knows of. However, there are lots of them which are rather interesting & worthy of the time spent on listening to their music.

I've put few bands that I've listened to in the poll, and since I have no idea how well-known these bands are in Brazil or the other countries, this is simply my personal choice of "good" bands, regardless of their popularity or whatever...
Each band has more or less one full-legth, they all play Black Metal, some more melodic, some less melodic, etc.

My personal favourite would probably be Luxuria De Lilith, closely followed by Miasthenia & Spell Forest
I just can't stop listening to the Luxuria De Lilith's songs "Da Morte Para Todo O Fim" & "Luxuria De Lilith"

So... your opinions?
----
... For blood I hunger, possessed by the dark...

... No remorse, I'll tear your flesh apart...
06.04.2007 - 16:57
APOHAKC
The Bard
I haven't hard half of these bands
Anyway I would voted for Rabellion, altough they are not only Black Metal, they are quite awesome, if anyone is interested they have some staff released for Hammerheart records, I think that that label no more exist but those guys from HHR records have some new label and if you type HHR in google you can find the new one.
From the list I would pic Misathenia, their Batalha Ritual is awesome album, Luxuria De Lilith is also cool, but if you ask me they are just another typical Black Metal band (Don't hang me) so... Misathenia for me
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
06.04.2007 - 17:06
Reborn Nemesis
yeah, Miasthenia's Batalha Ritual is great, though I'm not too impressed with their XVI. It could've been a lot better.
About LdL, well, everyone's got the right to their own opinion
----

06.04.2007 - 18:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hahah in Brazil are so huge and alot of BM band sbut moustly thay are posers and more satanistic how in Europe, and one or 2 demo bands
Since in MA I use to check all Brazilian bands i know, but actualy i hawnt hear a lot of bands, but there was some realy good bands what i like but moustly black/doom, but ok BM bands i woud say I like 80ties blak like Holocausto, Sarcofago.
But from black i dounloud those bands Woodsmarch, Forst Poetry, Symphony of Thunder (Cristian band), and some othrs, but moustly mp3 but those I lsiten moust and from what you mention i dont like non of bands, I lobe brazilian, doom and gothic and old school thrash/heavy/speed metal scene
Maybe when I gonna listen all Brazilian mp3 I post more bands, so Im lazzy to chack 500 ore more songs

EDDIT - I forgot coment bands in list but actualy I dont know them so good only band what I know and like are Miasthenia whit album :bnager2: 'XVI'
I had hear 2 song from Luxuria De Lilith and bouth Bathory cover
But I love to hera Florestas Negras but band ha sno HP so ...
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.04.2007 - 18:22
Southern Wind
Account deleted
@K7: and most european BM bands are NOT posers???

Brazil has one of the strongest scenes on the world, nowadays the best after USA, Scandinavian and probably 2 or three other countries...

My favourite Brazilian BM band are Murder Rape
06.04.2007 - 18:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 06.04.2007 at 18:22

@K7: and most european BM bands are NOT posers???

Brazil has one of the strongest scenes on the world, nowadays the best after USA, Scandinavian and probably 2 or three other countries...

My favourite Brazilian BM band are Murder Rape

well in Europeian bands like old Scandic, French, Italian, German and Polish there are lil poetical lyrics not only some satanic tiles

Moust Brazilian bands are one demo bnads, i mean a lot of them whit out home page
BTW Chile are best scene in Latin America and better how Canada too
----

apos;'
[image]
06.04.2007 - 19:40
APOHAKC
The Bard
You are spaming the topic, you are not authorized to say which bands are posers and which are not, and btw you both have very stupid attitude, instead of that you could comment bands on the list.

@Lady Vamp Yeah XVI is weaker than Batalha Ritual but it was released first, I think, so it is good that band is prospering...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
06.04.2007 - 20:01
Reborn Nemesis
Written by APOHAKC on 06.04.2007 at 19:40
@Lady Vamp Yeah XVI is weaker than Batalha Ritual but it was released first, I think, so it is good that band is prospering...

yeah, XVI was released first
I agree with you in both points...
----

08.04.2007 - 10:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I just remebe rI had some songs of thos awsoem BM/Folk band 'Barbarian Warriors in Search of Wisdom' realy awsome hight quality and also techical band thay kan kick but to some bands from Scandianvia
----

apos;'
[image]
31.08.2007 - 10:24
Anton Alcolust
hmmm for me , the best brazilian bands are Sarcofago and old Sepultura (but they're not as underground as the bands in the vote) . Brazil has a good metal scene full of die hard metalhead !
----
A.M.S.G.
31.08.2007 - 11:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Anton Alcolust on 31.08.2007 at 10:24

hmmm for me , the best brazilian bands are Sarcofago and old Sepultura (but they're not as underground as the bands in the vote) . Brazil has a good metal scene full of die hard metalhead !

But old Sepultura was death, death/thrash and thrash metal, Sarcofago, Holocausto and such type was firts wawe of BM what was more thrash bands

I agree there are a lot of Good bands I had a lot of mp3 of Brazilian bands since Im not home, cant give examples, but old 80tie sbands and leiter doom its awsome scene there
----

apos;'
[image]
31.08.2007 - 12:39
Marshmellow
i've heard about some bands in the list, Vultos Vociferos, Luxuria and Hecate, but i ve never listened to them...but i ll try to listen to them
they are not verryyy know in brazil...
my favorite is Sarcofago, for me the best band of brazil
04.11.2007 - 16:53
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
is there black metal on brazil?? o my god
----
Stay Metal !!!
26.01.2008 - 06:16
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
i kinda agree with Kariasakis7... the brazilian black metal bands could use some kind of ORIGINALLITY... copying the europeans styles they just loose their identity.
Florestas negras has a good start by using portuguese lyrics and some brazilian themes... spell forest is not even close to something original, but has a good sound... the others are just the saddest thing ever:erm:
And Dreamwar... is there black metal in mexico??? i dont think so... and if it has, it must be just like the brazilians bands: all depending of the european tradition and culture without any sense of respect by the original culture of your own country.. disgusting
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
26.01.2008 - 09:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Uirapuru on 26.01.2008 at 06:16

i kinda agree with Kariasakis7... the brazilian black metal bands could use some kind of ORIGINALLITY... copying the europeans styles they just loose their identity.
Florestas negras has a good start by using portuguese lyrics and some brazilian themes... spell forest is not even close to something original, but has a good sound... the others are just the saddest thing ever:erm:
And Dreamwar... is there black metal in mexico??? i dont think so... and if it has, it must be just like the brazilians bands: all depending of the european tradition and culture without any sense of respect by the original culture of your own country.. disgusting

I agree almoust all ban coppy Europian band and lost originality, but there was / are good band sto but real, its hard explain why its hepening, maybe thay wanna be like trOO eurpians, that think whit Scandcoinavian stuff thinking trOO BM can be there are stupid, it can be ewery where but mosut bands coppy Scandianavia and are more scandianish like scandinavs
Other think Brazil culture are mixed whit portuages, other eurpoains, africans an dindians ... please many thinks to combine into lyrics
----

apos;'
[image]
26.01.2008 - 17:54
FOOCK Nam
I like Ares Wrath Division, feel good about them, influenced by Obituary. And listen few times to Canis Lupus. IMO Ares Wrath is not bad band. I cant vote 'cause I havent listened to almost bands in the topic.
29.01.2008 - 03:58
selken
Irreligious
I always wanted to listen to brazilian black, now thanks to you dude, I got a list
----
29.01.2008 - 18:46
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
I won't vote because I've only heard one band on the list, Blackmass. I love them. Really simple and satanic but the sound is very raw which makes it very satisfying. They have good song titles as well like "Infernal Horned God" and my favourite "Necrologies".