Metal Storm logo
Wintersun

Original post

Posted by Elfeder, 23.05.2006 - 17:00
I was shocked when I noticed that no one created a topic on Wintersun it is so strange because this band is one of the best I know...they have just released one album but this album is fucking masterpiece,
I like their songs "Death and the Healing" and "Beautiful Death" they are great songs and this band is Idol for me.
24.01.2010 - 20:39
cancel
I am wondering if they are gonna release their second album this year, but personally I think they won't. Jari has maybe some "writing troubles" or some disagreements with rest of the band...but I could be mistaken.
I love Death And The Healing song like a slow one, from fast ones Beyond The Dark Sun and Starchild
29.01.2010 - 04:33
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 11.01.2010 at 02:07

Well, I think it's kind of silly to get impatient about this album right now. It's only been four years since the band started work on it and there have been bands that have taken longer to get an album out.

Fair enough...and I agree with you that its stupid to become impatient...but, to put it into perspective we must acknowledge that this is only their 2nd album. Many bands have taken ages to release their albums but they've also done so when they have a fair amount of releases in their discography.

One of the reasons people are impatient is because in 5 years the fans only have 8 Wintersun songs to listen to. I presume the 4 year wait wouldnt have been so hard if they had, for instance, 3 albums released already because then you can keep yourself busy for quite some time. Most people who like Wintersun probably feel theyve only had a taste of what the band can create and as we see by the MS top 100 ratings, Wintersun is held in very high regard by a large amount of people.

So all in all I agree with you, I personally (as ive said many times) dont really care too much of when it will be released because its pointless....but its important to understand why some fans are impatient.
04.02.2010 - 23:12
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well, yes...look at Kalisia - them took 14 years to complete Cybion, but it was worth...the problem was few knew them so there were no expectations...Wintersun is kinda overhyped band (not saying bad band) and eyes of the metal world are on them...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

21.03.2010 - 04:58
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
You know, my friend and I were listening to Wintersun tonight as we were driving back to his house and as I was listening, I realized, since that album came out 6 years ago, there hasn't been any album made within that genre of metal that rivals Wintersun's s/t in my opinion. No other extreme power band has made anything as good as this album. I think this is one reason people are dying for Time. They want more of this goodness. lol
22.03.2010 - 04:47
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 21.03.2010 at 04:58

You know, my friend and I were listening to Wintersun tonight as we were driving back to his house and as I was listening, I realized, since that album came out 6 years ago, there hasn't been any album made within that genre of metal that rivals Wintersun's s/t in my opinion. No other extreme power band has made anything as good as this album. I think this is one reason people are dying for Time. They want more of this goodness. lol

Yeah I guess you're right in a way. The whole genre's been kinda stale for a few years now with more and more of the same shit over and over again. I must say Wintersun's s/t has probably been the one release that kinda had the biggest effect on me. I guess Wintersun's been fortunate in the fact that bands like Children of Bodom (who sort of ruled the genre from late 90's to around 2003) pretty much started to suck by the time Wintersun released their album.

Having said that I cant really listen Wintersun too much or too often anymore....8 songs over a span of 6 years is pushing it a bit lol
29.04.2010 - 15:39
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
I love wintersun too in fact im dying to hear TIME i hope this year finally will be released ..sigh
----
Stay Metal !!!
29.04.2010 - 19:25
FeskarN
Some days ago Jari posted a message at the band's messageboard. This isnt really a update or so but atleast he tells that the song "Land of Snow and Sorrow" is complitely finished and "Storm" and "Silver Leaves" is almost done. There´s still plenty to go with the other songs. Read Jari's message here: http://www.wintermadness.net/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=627&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1080
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
30.04.2010 - 00:25
FeskarN
Written by Guest on 30.04.2010 at 00:09

Written by FeskarN on 29.04.2010 at 19:25

Some days ago Jari posted a message at the band's messageboard. This isnt really a update or so but atleast he tells that the song "Land of Snow and Sorrow" is complitely finished and "Storm" and "Silver Leaves" is almost done. There´s still plenty to go with the other songs. Read Jari's message here: http://www.wintermadness.net/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=627&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1080

it was about time

haha, indeed. These time jokes never gets old . If everything flows smooth in the recording of the album I have hopes that the album will be release this year. If the album will be released in winter it will be the ultimate gift for christmas and the perfect season for some epic finnish metal.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
30.04.2010 - 13:44
Lord_Regnier
Written by FeskarN on 29.04.2010 at 19:25

Once more, only delays and uncertainty. This band is lame.
And the album will never be released in 2010 at this pace.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
30.04.2010 - 18:52
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Quote:
Actually considering the circumstances I´ve worked quite fast.

lol.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.04.2010 - 20:08
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well me and my fellows are composing 4 songs for Ennorath's first demo for about a year and half now and still not close to finish...i could give you 50 reasons ("circumstances"), why we cannot working faster and why we are considering it "as fast as possible"
----

01.05.2010 - 04:40
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
You guys are really jerks sometimes. You say negative things about the band when it's just one guy working on finishing the whole album. And Wintersun isn't even his real job. Jari has a day job. It's not like he just wanks around at the computer all day trying to make your precious album. I wouldn't have much motivation to work on something if everyone was nagging at me about it. Chill out and go live your lives. Just cause Time isn't out yet doesn't mean you look cool by going on the internet and complaining about it. Go live your own life. Jari has already made a name for himself. All of you are just a bunch of computer addicts who will die without making a difference in the world.
01.05.2010 - 07:50
Lord_Regnier
Written by Guest on 01.05.2010 at 04:40

You guys are really jerks sometimes. You say negative things about the band when it's just one guy working on finishing the whole album. And Wintersun isn't even his real job. Jari has a day job. It's not like he just wanks around at the computer all day trying to make your precious album. I wouldn't have much motivation to work on something if everyone was nagging at me about it. Chill out and go live your lives. Just cause Time isn't out yet doesn't mean you look cool by going on the internet and complaining about it. Go live your own life. Jari has already made a name for himself. All of you are just a bunch of computer addicts who will die without making a difference in the world.

Ok, I get it. Fuck you, douchebag.
If there's something much more useless to the world than people who criticize, it's fanboys who always defend bands, no matter what and can't be rational for the sake of theìr wretched lives.

And he's far from a celebrity. Ask a thousand people randomly and they won't have a fucking idea who he is.
----
01.05.2010 - 09:01
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Ask a thousand elder people who Lady Gaga is and they wont know., although she was recently proclaimed "most influential celebrity in the world"...it always depends where are you asking...and among metalheads Jari surely is something you can call "celebrity"
----

01.05.2010 - 09:42
Lord_Regnier
Written by Ellrohir on 01.05.2010 at 09:01

Ask a thousand elder people who Lady Gaga is and they wont know., although she was recently proclaimed "most influential celebrity in the world"...it always depends where are you asking...and among metalheads Jari surely is something you can call "celebrity"

Among metalheads, perhaps.
But what part of the population metalheads represent? 0.5%? 1%? It's only a teardrop in the ocean.
----
01.05.2010 - 21:48
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
So then talk about "mainstream" bands in metal...
----

02.05.2010 - 03:16
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by Lord_Regnier on 01.05.2010 at 07:50

If there's something much more useless to the world than people who criticize, it's fanboys who always defend bands, no matter what and can't be rational for the sake of theìr wretched lives.

And he's far from a celebrity. Ask a thousand people randomly and they won't have a fucking idea who he is.

I never said I was a fanboy of the band, I just think it's stupid to criticize any band when you've never even walked in those people's shoes before. I don't sit here caring about time all day. I have my own life I'm devoted to. And I never said Jari was some world known person. I don't know how you went from point a to point b on that one. And rational really? I think the rational thing is not to live out your life trolling the web. Get a life dude.
02.05.2010 - 21:49
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Guest on 02.05.2010 at 03:16

Written by Lord_Regnier on 01.05.2010 at 07:50

I never said I was a fanboy of the band, I just think it's stupid to criticize any band when you've never even walked in those people's shoes before. I don't sit here caring about time all day. I have my own life I'm devoted to. And I never said Jari was some world known person. I don't know how you went from point a to point b on that one. And rational really? I think the rational thing is not to live out your life trolling the web. Get a life dude.

how can you be so sure that he (and all people on this topic) dont have a life? and you can make a better life if you learn to criticize.
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
11.05.2010 - 13:38
Angel Of Mercy
So I take it people are still wating for Time? I lost hope when we got that update last year.
----
Your time will come.
30.01.2011 - 20:08
Luneth
Account deleted
It's Time for this shit to be released so moron's like those above can stop the diarreha being excreted all over this thread.
31.01.2011 - 04:11
JÄY
Metal slave
Written by Ann-Cygnus on 30.01.2011 at 19:45

If it's allowed to bump up old threads, here's the actual reason why we'll never see that second album.

http://metalmelt.wordpress.com/2011/01/28/the-truth-behind-the-delay-on-that-wintersun-album/

haha oh man shit like this just makes my day....
its akin to the hitler wintersun delay video........keep em comin!
31.01.2011 - 06:30
PrimalAntagonist
Account deleted
I still dont understand why some people hang to some specific bands or albums or genres and think that is
the only thing good for them!!!!!!! I mean there are 5000+ bands featured in this website alone........why
cant find something new or fresh. I personally liked the wintersun album but there is simply too much of
the Ensiferum DNA in it.....though it was an outstanding album it was way back in 2004! and there are
several more brilliant bands involved in pushing the envelope for metal........
Move on people!!!!!!!!!! there are a lot of better bands waiting out there yet to be discovered by you!
And from what i have learnt : "Your most fav and most hated bands ever are the ones you are yet going to discover "
02.02.2011 - 22:56
Luke717
Guys, wintersun is my favorite band. and im really looking forward to time. but really guys..... discover something new.
03.02.2011 - 14:07
RavenKing
Written by Guest on 30.01.2011 at 20:08

It's Time for this shit to be released so moron's like those above can stop the diarreha being excreted all over this thread.

Calm down. It's perfectly normal if people are saying 'bad' things about Wintersun and the situation with this band. There is matter to talk about what a joke the band has become due to their complete lack of input for 7 years or so and the lame excuses repeated over and over, year after year, to the point only idiots and fanboys can still believe such pathetic statements.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
03.02.2011 - 14:14
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 03.02.2011 at 14:07

Calm down. It's perfectly normal if people are saying 'bad' things about Wintersun and the situation with this band. There is matter to talk about what a joke the band has become due to their complete lack of input for 7 years or so and the lame excuses repeated over and over, year after year, to the point only idiots and fanboys can still believe such pathetic statements.

Lol, I don't really give a damn if people 'say bad things' about Wintersun, I just don't see the point of people arguing so animatedly over something that isn't out yet.
03.02.2011 - 14:17
RavenKing
Written by Guest on 03.02.2011 at 14:14

Lol, I don't really give a damn if people 'say bad things' about Wintersun, I just don't see the point of people arguing so animatedly over something that isn't out yet.

I agree here. Arguing over an album that is not released (and, if you ask me, will perhaps never be released) is pointless.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
03.02.2011 - 14:26
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 03.02.2011 at 14:17

Written by Guest on 03.02.2011 at 14:14

I agree here. Arguing over an album that is not released (and, if you ask me, will perhaps never be released) is pointless.

I wasn't aware of the scope of time, as in, when the album was announced after Wintersun. But yeah, if it now looks like there's little chance of the thing actually being released then what the hell is the point...
04.02.2011 - 20:46
Wintersun616
It will be released. Wasn't it just a couple of months ago, when their record company payed them new computers or something that can handle Time? There's even a small chance it'll be released this year. And they're going to do a few gigs this year too, and I think Kai Hahto said on Wintersun forums that they will play a new song (or a part of it ) on one of those gigs.
05.02.2011 - 15:00
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
Written by RavenKing on 03.02.2011 at 14:07

As far as I concerned, no band owes their fans anything. I could care less if Jari released Time or not. It's not going to make me upset one way or the other. Same goes for any band. It's his band. It's his call.
12.02.2011 - 23:07
Kivitalo90
Because Wintersun is a very good band, i can wait another 7 years for the album time. There firts album was the best i know and my altime favorite album. I hope time will be also a good album.