11. Туда, Где Небо... [instrumental version]
12. Я Знаю [instrumental version]
13. Круги На Воде [instrumental version]
14. Стёкла Розовых Очков [instrumental version]
15. Страх И Агрессия [instrumental version]
16. Верю/Не Верю [instrumental version]
17. Платно [instrumental version]

Additional info
The bonus disc contains two previously-released singles, two live tracks, and instrumental versions of all the songs on the album.

Staff review by
ScreamingSteelUS
Rating:
Aside from the time they literally made the same album twice, The SLoT has never made the same album twice. Even 14 years in, Cache and ID still have new ways to challenge themselves and their bandmates into broaching new territory. Now officially nine-for-nine, The SLoT once more answers the question of how perfection can be improved upon.

Read more ››
published 17.04.2016 | Comments (24)

Found in 3 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 59   Visited by: 501 users
07.02.2017 - 22:15
flashback
Account deleted
The best album ever!
08.02.2017 - 00:33
Rating: 10
Vyalikov
Unbelieveable track
08.02.2017 - 23:17
I never heard anything like this
09.02.2017 - 13:28
Rating: 6
moXmo
Hey admins, is there anything you can do about the massive amount of new registrants (all arrived since yesterday), who oddly all voted 10 for all of this band's albums ?
Not that it's really bad, but well... It's surprising
09.02.2017 - 14:06
Rating: 8
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by moXmo on 09.02.2017 at 13:28

Hey admins, is there anything you can do about the massive amount of new registrants (all arrived since yesterday), who oddly all voted 10 for all of this band's albums ?

Give us a link. We will report to 'Report Abuse' page.
09.02.2017 - 15:08
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
No abuse, I'd say. It's just fans of the band givng high marks. They came here due to the band posting on their Facebook page that they had been nominated for a Metal Storm award. Influx of new user who vote for their favourite band in the MSA's and also for the band's albums. Nothing dodgy about that. Happens to other bands as well.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.02.2017 - 15:17
moXmo
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 09.02.2017 at 14:06

Written by moXmo on 09.02.2017 at 13:28

Give us a link. We will report to 'Report Abuse' page.

http://www.metalstorm.net/bands/rating.php?album_id=85690 For example.
09.02.2017 - 15:24
moXmo
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.02.2017 at 15:08

No abuse, I'd say. It's just fans of the band givng high marks. They came here due to the band posting on their Facebook page that they had been nominated for a Metal Storm award. Influx of new user who vote for their favourite band in the MSA's and also for the band's albums. Nothing dodgy about that. Happens to other bands as well.

Thank you for the precisions. I agree in the fact that they are totally free to give their opinion through their vote.
What bother me more is that it's not in the spirit of the website, in the way that, if every band asked their fans to give a 10 to each of their album, it would clearly influence the bands' ratings based on their facebook fanbase.
Beside that, if it make MS get more people registered, who really participate in the website life, it's anything but a good thing... Which I doubt here.
09.02.2017 - 15:29
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
If it is indeed different fans from Russia showing them support after a shoutout on FB, even if it's the only vote they'll ever cast, then it doesn't qualify as abuse. The fans genuinely believe it's a 10 after all.
But could it be that amongst those fans someone had the brilliant and innovative idea to make different accounts to burlate the system and cast more than one 10, those ones should be dealt with, I guess?
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
09.02.2017 - 17:52
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Definitely vote abuse, just of a different kind. Those accounts are unlikely ever going to be used for anything other than bumping up this band. Furthermore just because you're a fan of the band doesn't mean you would normally rail every album with a 10. I'd say give them a week to develop new behaviour on the site or delete them.

If I used my Facebook account to rally all my friends into making accounts on this site and giving all the Blut aus Nord albums a 10 that would be seen as vote abuse for sure. Exactly the same situation here, it just happens to be the band that rallied everyone together to vote for their music. It's a form of manipulation, pure and simple.
09.02.2017 - 18:38
3rdWorld
China was a neat
That sounds way too ridiculous, why give them the option to rate itself then? Just ban all new users from voting 10 until they reach 50 album votes or something.
09.02.2017 - 19:47
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^Although I agree with the point that would currently go against MS freedom of voting philosophy.
Rules could always be changed, though... Just saying..
In fact this site has had that voting restriction idea somewhere before.
I hope these guys are actually all different people just so that it serves as example to implement some restriction like that.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
09.02.2017 - 20:36
Rating: 8
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
That is definitely vote abuse. Every year MS send notifications to nominations of MS awards and if we allow traffic to pour in(like in The SLoT), start pounding 10s to their favs, it will be inflating ratings at its worst.

Start nuking....
09.02.2017 - 21:59
ivanz83
Friends, I recently registered here.

I'm sure many people have learned about the nomination of the album of your favorite band, they decided to support it.

And yes, the group "The SLoT" do not ask people to vote for them. It is important to say.
Voting is voluntary will of the people, who listen to their music.

Nothing wrong with that. People listened to the album, they liked it. People have decided to support the band and their album.

I can see a situation like that. Because I did so myself.
And the album deserves a 10 from me. It's my opinion.
09.02.2017 - 21:59
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
50 votes minimum wouldn't work because people would just go around voting for bands they didn't care about in order to get to the bands they do, and it would only take a few minutes to do so. A 50 comment-limit before voting would be good though, and would benefit the site's community in general.
10.02.2017 - 02:19
Vombatus
Potorro
^that or adding a number of days before enabling voting. Like submitting reviews (90 days? or whatever). People that register just to cast a vote or two, log out and never come back would be dissuaded as their only objective is to spend 1 minute on MS to vote for an album immediately.
Quite sure all these 10 votes here will have completely forgotten of MS in three months. Avoids abuse the easy way.

Btw, I did the mistake of checking this band. Holy shit this is bad. Like beyond appalling. Can't even picture 12 year-old angsty kids liking this. Goddammit.
10.02.2017 - 02:37
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I am still a fan of the idea of letting the recent users to vote if they want to but their score don't count to the overall score computation. Of course, their vote would appear as 10 in their album votes and in the comments but just wouldn't count when making the average.
Then add a slight restriction in order for it to compute, be it a period after registration, a number of posts or a number of cp. That way everybody is happy
----
- Reimu Hakurei
10.02.2017 - 09:04
Heartshorm
Account deleted
I think people can set up filters to see albums that they want to see. 60 votes and the first place at the year top is too strange. Maybe developers should set up default filter to 100 total votes, or 200?

Their music deserves something between 9-10 and I've chosen 10.
The vocal is Impressive! I will be glad to find similar bands.
10.02.2017 - 10:08
Rating: 4
qnick90
The first thing i did, when I first had registered here, was that I gave 10s and 9s to all my favourite albums... So yeah, the "50 comments before voting" thing would probably stop most of the immature idiots like me from voting abuse...
Ps: I was thinking, - I actually heard one and half of their albums, so if I give it right now score, I think it deserves (4/10 or something like that) would it be vote abuse, because normally I wouldnt care...?
EDIT: 4 it is
10.02.2017 - 10:24
Heartshorm
Account deleted
Written by qnick90 on 10.02.2017 at 10:08

The first thing i did, when I first had registered here, was that I gave 10s and 9s to all my favourite albums... So yeah, the "50 comments before voting" thing would probably stop most of the immature idiots like me from voting abuse...
Ps: I was thinking, - I actually heard one and half of their albums, so if I give it right now score, I think it deserves (4/10 or something like that) would it be vote abuse, because normally I wouldnt care...?
EDIT: 4 it is

You can always change your choice.
I agree with you. Voting system here is not ideal .. and need to be changed
10.02.2017 - 12:32
ivanz83
Written by Guest on 10.02.2017 at 10:24

You can always change your choice.
I agree with you. Voting system here is not ideal .. and need to be changed

Nothing is perfect.

But to change the voting system after the voting has commenced ... This is wrong.
All the rules and conditions should be determined before the start of voting.
And now the rules are what they are.
10.02.2017 - 18:36
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Karlabos on 10.02.2017 at 02:37

I am still a fan of the idea of letting the recent users to vote if they want to but their score don't count to the overall score computation. Of course, their vote would appear as 10 in their album votes and in the comments but just wouldn't count when making the average.
Then add a slight restriction in order for it to compute, be it a period after registration, a number of posts or a number of cp. That way everybody is happy

hahaha, the imdb way.
10.02.2017 - 19:15
Rating: 5
cobrapel
Concept One
But if MS official staff gives 9.8 to almost all their albums, how is possible to consider abuse people doing the same?!
However they are only a copy of thousands of US alternative bands with a rapper
11.02.2017 - 03:45
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
People won't shut up about this band and the apparent vote abuse, so I decided to listen to it finally. It's not as god-awful as I've seen some people say, but it's also not as mind-blowingly fantastic as other people say. Pretty much dead-average stuff I feel like I've heard a million other places in a million other ways--except this time it's in Russian.
----
11.02.2017 - 09:18
ivanz83
Written by Jaeryd on 11.02.2017 at 03:45

People won't shut up about this band and the apparent vote abuse, so I decided to listen to it finally. It's not as god-awful as I've seen some people say, but it's also not as mind-blowingly fantastic as other people say. Pretty much dead-average stuff I feel like I've heard a million other places in a million other ways--except this time it's in Russian.

Imagine this. Not the whole world speaks English

And all the people are entitled to their opinion. And your 5 points and 10 points from other people must have the same value.

As the saying goes: tastes differ.
11.02.2017 - 11:55
Vyalikov
Written by Jaeryd on 11.02.2017 at 03:45

The main thing that russians know english
They understand english track lyrics for about 65-90%.
Unfortunately russian lyrics (on this site) is understandable for 5-10%

or really ZERO ?

So I expect that about 90-95% english-speaking audience can't understand the meaning of this tracks while listening.
11.02.2017 - 13:52
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Vyalikov on 11.02.2017 at 11:55

The main thing that russians know english
They understand english track lyrics for about 65-90%.
Unfortunately russian lyrics (on this site) is understandable for 5-10%

or really ZERO ?

So I expect that about 90-95% english-speaking audience can't understand the meaning of this tracks while listening.

I'd say lyrics don't matter to most people to the degree where it makes bad music good, or vice versa. To me lyrics are irrelevant; after all plenty of music doesn't feature lyrics or vocals. Personally The SLoT make some of the worst music I've ever heard and even if I understood the lyrics and they were poetic genius it would have no impact on the music, which would still be terrible. The fact you and ivanz83 are focusing on the language the band speak in, rather the music itself, speaks volumes to me.
11.02.2017 - 14:45
ivanz83
Written by Guest on 11.02.2017 at 13:52

I'd say lyrics don't matter to most people to the degree where it makes bad music good, or vice versa. To me lyrics are irrelevant; after all plenty of music doesn't feature lyrics or vocals. Personally The SLoT make some of the worst music I've ever heard and even if I understood the lyrics and they were poetic genius it would have no impact on the music, which would still be terrible. The fact you and ivanz83 are focusing on the language the band speak in, rather the music itself, speaks volumes to me.

We are not focused on the text and language. Just a "slot" is very much built on the words and images.
And for me personally, every song (not only "the slot") is primarily a text. Its meaning and relevance.
Music must link words and complement the text.
If the words do not grab me, the music will not be able to save the song.

And the fact that the music is terrible, it's your opinion. "The Slot" should not please everybody.
But believe me, there are some crazies like me who like it, and they are not few.
11.02.2017 - 14:54
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by ivanz83 on 11.02.2017 at 14:45

We are not focused on the text and language. Just a "slot" is very much built on the words and images.
And for me personally, every song (not only "the slot") is primarily a text. Its meaning and relevance.
Music must link words and complement the text.
If the words do not grab me, the music will not be able to save the song.

And the fact that the music is terrible, it's your opinion. "The Slot" should not please everybody.
But believe me, there are some crazies like me who like it, and they are not few.

Of course it's my opinion, hence why I prefixed it with "personally." There are a lot of people who like Robin Thicke and Iggy Azalea, so the popularity vote doesn't mean much

Music is its own language; it shouldn't need to rely on words for it to be good. It can complement it of course, but bad music is bad music regardless.
11.02.2017 - 15:47
ivanz83
Written by Guest on 11.02.2017 at 14:54

Of course it's my opinion, hence why I prefixed it with "personally." There are a lot of people who like Robin Thicke and Iggy Azalea, so the popularity vote doesn't mean much

Music is its own language; it shouldn't need to rely on words for it to be good. It can complement it of course, but bad music is bad music regardless.

If we talk about pure music, then for me, music is self-sufficient and is language - it only Shostakovich, Bach, Beethoven, Mozart.

But the song, it must be a symbiosis of text and music. In this conjunction the song comes to life.
Otherwise, why bother to sing? I agree that the songs are different, some are necessary for clubs and dancing. Here, the text is not important. But I do not take these songs, they are blank.

And the songs of the "slot" resonate with me, causing a lot of emotion. And the music I like. I understand that the professionals might have something to dislike.

Although I am 7 years studied music literacy (long ago it was) . And I listen to the music of "slot" with pleasure. Perhaps, it is inexplicable.

Hits total: 11620 | This month: 19