Metal Storm logo
Sólstafir - Share New Song

Sólstafir have shared a new track with the world. This time, it's the track "Bláfjall" from their upcoming album Berdreyminn, which will be released on May 26th through Season Of Mist. It's the second new song unveiled by the Icelandic group after "Ísafold". Check it out below. What do you think of their new sound after the departure of a long time drummer Guðmundur Óli Pálmason?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Sólstafir
Posted: 23.03.2017 by Jagsey

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 123 users
23.03.2017 - 23:11
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
So far this seems like it's gonna be good but not GOOD. I feel like something they had before is missing... Dunno
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
24.03.2017 - 01:24
Reaper_Redeemer
Cowboy post-rock
24.03.2017 - 08:04
Dinruth
This one is at least much better than the last one .. still subpar though, imo
24.03.2017 - 11:19
soheyl
It's not real solstafir...
24.03.2017 - 12:51
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Not as good as first song. Still they're trying real hard to give band a new direction after Guðmundur's departing. Speaking of Guðmundur, his new band "Katla." is doing terrific. Their new song is way better than 2 songs Sólstafir released.

Well, I'll still look forward to new Sólstafir but my chips is on new Katla.. That shit is giving me good vibes, man.
24.03.2017 - 13:04
Jagsey
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 24.03.2017 at 12:51

Not as good as first song. Still they're trying real hard to give band a new direction after Guðmundur's departing. Speaking of Guðmundur, his new band "Katla." is doing terrific. Their new song is way better than 2 songs Sólstafir released.

Well, I'll still look forward to new Sólstafir but my chips is on new Katla.. That shit is giving me good vibes, man.

I agree, Katla. are making a great impression on me and they seem to have that 'thing' Sólstafir seems to be missing now. However I enjoy Sólstafir's new material as well, it's good, but it's not the best stuff they have put out.
24.03.2017 - 17:50
God Alone
Isafold left me quite worried, totally dull and missing any "sparkle". Thankfully this song's a tad better but I still have the sneaking impression that this record's going to be a letdown.
30.03.2017 - 15:45
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
I don't see why so many people are bashing Isafold and Blafjall, I personally find both songs pretty enjoyable. I found Otta pretty dull actually so I see it as a good thing that they are changing up their sound a little, looking forward to the whole album!
01.04.2017 - 06:34
RiouxMax
This song really caught on me from the first listen. It may be because of how much the first minute reminds of ABBA - Lay all your love on me, and boy do I love ABBA.

And then, I listened to Isafold again, and I realized I liked it much better than the first time I listened to it.

Not as worried for the new album anymore.

Hits total: 2146 | This month: 8