Metal Storm logo
Imperia

21.04.2007 - 08:38
Lupas
Maximus
Never heard of this band , here is a short bio. for you to help.

MPERIA is an atmospheric metal band who's sound is especially evident by the distinguished and remarkable strong voice of Helena Iren Michaelsen (ex- Trail Of Tears), who sings in a variety of styles from deep emotional feelings to extreme operatic expressions. The music is full of vivacity, it is heavy, bombastic and orchestral, but it also contains elements of pure metal. The band is a true cross-border unit of musicians originating from different countries: Norway, Finland, Germany, Belgium and The Netherlands. Through hard work and extensive touring the band has earned its reputation as a powerful live band.

Imperia's line up is:

Helena Iren Michaelsen - Vocals and choirs
Steve Wolz - Drums
John Stam - Guitars
Gerry Verstreken - Bass
Jan "Örkki" Yrlund - Guitars
Audun Grønnestad - Orchestrations

myspace link http://www.myspace.com/imperiaband
official webpage http://www.helena-michaelsen.com
Angel Child Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYGepyjG4V8
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
21.04.2007 - 16:26
Mela Muke
Account deleted
I can save you all a lot of trouble
If you like brassy blondes who can't sing but have massive jugs, then this is the band for you!
22.04.2007 - 09:00
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Author on 21.04.2007 at 16:26

I can save you all a lot of trouble
If you like brassy blondes who can't sing but have massive jugs, then this is the band for you!

Besides that hey i'm not that kind of person .Take a look at this
http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=3636

She has a great powerful voice. Bands like this band only dream that their vocalist have a voice like that

The appereance is not everything .......at least for me
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
22.04.2007 - 09:04
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
I heard their first album "The Ancient Dance of Qetesh" and admittedly I enjoyed a few of the songs. They definitely have potential in the symphonic scene but Helena's voice irritated me. She's got chops, no doubt, but she dramatically changes timbres several times in each song (we're talking drastic changes); it doesn't seem to be on purpose either. I felt like she was trying to express different emotions during certain phrases but lacked the technique and control to keep her timbre consistent.

I'll probably check out the new album anyway; people have been known to improve
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
22.04.2007 - 09:13
Lupas
Maximus
At least there is someone here that agree that people do improve by time
@Lyrinan : Imperia band has only one album and must first listen to them before give them sentence
----
26.04.2007 - 19:39
Bitch Boy
I like this band, but obviously prefer Helen with Trail of Tears. Anyway, Imperia is a good one, I think that Helen's style is original and she's good.
26.04.2007 - 22:23
Lupas
Maximus
Btw Helena have another new band called Angel
----
26.04.2007 - 22:33
Bitch Boy
It isn't that new It's also great, but not "that metal" though.
29.04.2007 - 00:30
Lupas
Maximus
Imperia is getting quite popular all over the world

----
13.05.2007 - 09:30
Lupas
Maximus
I can't stop this album from my playlist. I don't know whats wrong with you , this is for me an awesome dicovery after many good bands like Nightwish, Lacuna Coil, Leaves EYes etc etc.
----