Metal Storm logo
Leprous - Premiere 'Illuminate' Video

Leprous has released two songs so far from their new album, Malina, which they describe as having more of a "rock" sound. While the official release date is set for next week, 25th August via Inside Out Music, there's a new video you can watch today. It's the third track released so far: "Illuminate". The video is by a familiar face, Costin Chioreanu / Twilight 13 Media. Enjoy!

The band say: "Illuminate is one of the most groovy songs we've ever made! It's the Leprous people know, but in a fresh version. The abstract and dark video from Costin underlines the atmosphere of the song perfectly."

Check out "From The Flame" and "Stuck" as well.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Leprous
Posted: 17.08.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 168 users
17.08.2017 - 20:48
Nimlot
A. Reader
It's fine.
17.08.2017 - 21:59
Malignar
I can't make myself like this guys voice. Not to mention being the guitarist in this band has got to suck, low in the mix, not allowed to play a riff with or without distortion. Man this vocalist must have this band by the balls.
18.08.2017 - 13:54
RiouxMax
Well, something definitely more akin to their previous work.

Though I must say...it's also what bothers me the most about this song. It's like they took the formula of "The Price" and applied it almost identically to this new song.
18.08.2017 - 15:31
FR1DAY
I already heard the album and well... I think it's their worst yet. Too many filler songs, not enough interesting songwriting like in Bilateral or even Coal. I don't mind the less progressive metal route they are taking. But this album just sounds too repetitive.
18.08.2017 - 18:00
Kais
I'm excited for this album, especially after hearing From The Flame and Iluminate! While Stuck didn't impress me too much, I've read a few reviews online, and it seems like this album is turning out better than what I initially thought. Will give it a few spins once it's out, and then will decide if I want to get this album, like I did with The Congregation.
18.08.2017 - 19:47
Moriboe
I found the staccato playing way overdone on their last album, seems they have made it their trademark by now. Too bad.
18.08.2017 - 22:25
Flyingbroom
I miss their earlier albums.
19.08.2017 - 02:49
Pablo
Mmm... this band has gotten more and more boring wirh time, and too depressive and dark... This is hardly metal...mmm
19.08.2017 - 04:35
Nicko's Nose
Written by Pablo on 19.08.2017 at 02:49
This is hardly metal...

Who gives a fuck?
19.08.2017 - 12:18
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Didn't like this song as much, a bit repetitive, with some good moments.

I still haven't listened to the full album though.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
19.08.2017 - 13:27
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Written by Nicko's Nose on 19.08.2017 at 04:35

Written by Pablo on 19.08.2017 at 02:49
This is hardly metal...

Who gives a fuck?

Well it definitely waters down the impact of the song. Let's say I do give a fvck.
----
19.08.2017 - 13:36
8bitsAgo
Written by Kais on 18.08.2017 at 18:00

I'm excited for this album, especially after hearing From The Flame and Iluminate! While Stuck didn't impress me too much, I've read a few reviews online, and it seems like this album is turning out better than what I initially thought. Will give it a few spins once it's out, and then will decide if I want to get this album, like I did with The Congregation.

Album has leaked. I have two Malina LPs preordered which I'm waiting for. But I went ahead and checked out the leaked album. I agree with you. Stuck wasn't that good. However...
1. Bonneville = great
2. Stuck
3. From the Flame
4. Captive = good
5. Illuminate
6. Leashes = chilled out, groovy & good
7. Mirage = familiar non-heavy leprous angular&disjointed&energetic&tight af = good
8. Malina = damn good
9. Coma = reminds me of the congregation LP... great
10. The Weight of Disaster = that bass line... That beat... Solid
11. The Last Milestone = Holy emotional shit batman = wow.

Conclusion... Very excite!
19.08.2017 - 23:57
Cylon Spy
That's how you write a chorus!
31.08.2017 - 13:37
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Malignar on 17.08.2017 at 21:59

I can't make myself like this guys voice. Not to mention being the guitarist in this band has got to suck, low in the mix, not allowed to play a riff with or without distortion. Man this vocalist must have this band by the balls.

I found his voice a bit annoying at first, but now I'm really enjoying it. As a friend recently said to me, he has the vocal chords of an angel. Very talented vocalist and very rare in this style of music. Most metal bands have singers that couldn't sing to save themselves, hence all the screaming and yelling. There are exceptions.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...

Hits total: 3612 | This month: 9