Metal Storm logo
Swords, axes, etc.

27.04.2007 - 15:48
Urizen367
i know a few of you are into swords and stuff (and if there aren't. you guys need to read the rules of power and black metal more closely). i was just wondering what your favorite kinds to wield are. and what kinds you have. i really like long swords, baton swords (think the Hellboy movie) and the sickle (obviously). the next sword i plan on getting is a replica of the sword in the PS2 game Shinobi, akijiku.
----
I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.
27.04.2007 - 17:49
yvesson
Hej,
Well I'm more into medieval weapons, I think swords are kinda my favourite irl, when I'd use axes or maces in games.
So I'd go either for a one handed sword from dark ages or early middle ages, but I also like the one-and-a-half-hands swords.
I don't own any, the thing for me would be to BS it myself, or that ain't fun.

Anyway I'm more into defensive stuff or civil clothes, because those at least you can wear. Holding a sword or a weapon is something different, and if it's only to hang it to a wall... well.
27.04.2007 - 18:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Me to I like those thinks but also I like vveapons, moustly old weapons, lets say I like all military thinks and history but I hate army I hate it also hahah I like moustly old thinks ewery kind of weapens and thinks but well Im anti m,ilitary person
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
27.04.2007 - 18:47
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Cool thread. Well, Im more into knives. I practice knife throwing, and I colect knives and especialy bayonets. (see 3rd pic in my profile) Basicaly I like all kinds of weapons, from fire weapons I like WW2 best. I think Im somehow similar to K7, Im obsesed with weapons, yet Im far from violent person. But I dont have any opinions about army... war sucks, but I'll go to army, do my time, have fun, thats all.
----
27.04.2007 - 19:44
tulkas
el parcero
I too love weapons, specially swords, I like I'd think all kinds of swords. One of my favorites is Blade's sword, but I also like medieval ones and the ones that the ninjas use. I only own a dagger of egytian style, just because I haven't had enough money to buy a sword. Also medieval type axes are too damn cool!
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
27.04.2007 - 20:44
MadGatsu
well i have these two:

a wooden Bo (big stick basically which is on the left under the poster) and the wodden sword Bokken (on the right under the poster)
link: http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0413233201/miguel/bo+bokken.jpg

They were my "weapons" when i used to practice karate back in the days got hurt lots of times fighting with those lol. kids dont try that at home :P i would like to have a real one, but those kinds of things arent really allowed to be bought by just everyone in my country we dont have as much freedom in weaponry as USA for instance ;p Also my parents would freak out if i had the idea of buying the real thing. Maybe when i have my own home hehe ;p
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
28.04.2007 - 06:37
Fhuesc
Well i have a Kodashi (its like a Katana but smaller) and a dagger. I think that asian swords, chinese or japanese, are the coolest swords ever. European swords are to heavy to handle.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
28.04.2007 - 12:08
ylside
Staff
I was once in France and I entered a medievel boutique, man... I was fascinated by the Claymore they had!
28.04.2007 - 16:16
APOHAKC
The Bard
I love medieval weapons, awesome.
I have one small axe, it is nothing special, I bought it in Italy, very cheap. I have dozens of various knives, I love them too. I have combat knives, ceremonial, and hooligan knives
Next thing I will obtain is great two handed axe, replica of Normandie axe, awesome...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
28.04.2007 - 18:35
Sunioj
I used to be knife freak when I was younger, switchblades, cheap ass ghetto knives etc.

But my dad, is THE knife freak. He owns a short katana which is over 70 years old, and its the most beautiful thing Ive ever seen, can cut through anything but I never use it on blunt objects since Im so careful with it. He also has a islamic style dagger which is like 10 inches long...the type of dagger that you would use on a person while he was sleeping to maintain family honor...muahaha.
29.04.2007 - 13:18
Basso
Account deleted
My father has one of thoose Nepali knives that is bent in a way to cut the throat easily.

It looks quite like this one: http://himalayanmart.com/khukuriknife/images/NEPAL_ARMY_KHUKURI.jpg

I would love to own a real japaneese sword sometime, but atm its way to expensive.
30.04.2007 - 00:43
tulkas
el parcero
Written by [user id=5394] on 29.04.2007 at 13:18

I would love to own a real japaneese sword sometime, but atm its way to expensive.

nice things are always too expensive that sucks!
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
30.04.2007 - 00:54
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
I own a one-handed viking stage steel sword (stage stell means its meant for actual use against other swords and shields and such) and I have a celtic short sword thats 2 and half hands (so a bastard sword I guess) but its only a show piece and woould break if I used it. I also own full metal gauntlets.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.04.2007 - 01:05
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Doc G. on 30.04.2007 at 00:54

I own a one-handed viking stage steel sword (stage stell means its meant for actual use against other swords and shields and such) and I have a celtic short sword thats 2 and half hands (so a bastard sword I guess) but its only a show piece and woould break if I used it. I also own full metal gauntlets.

WoW I would do anything to get some celtic sword...alright not everything
----
30.04.2007 - 01:07
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Post more pictures people!

I myself am not really fascinated by swords or axes or weapons in general, but some do look very cool!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
30.04.2007 - 01:08
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by APOHAKC on 30.04.2007 at 01:05

WoW I would do anything to get some celtic sword...alright not everything

Not mine, mine is actually a pretty expensive piece of crap, especially since theres a stamp on symbol of the sword store I got it from on the blade.
----
- George Carlin
30.04.2007 - 01:12
APOHAKC
The Bard
You are good man Dr.Rock, good man indeed
----
30.04.2007 - 01:23
Sunioj
Written by Lucas on 30.04.2007 at 01:07

I myself am not really fascinated by swords or axes or weapons in general, but some do look very cool!

If I get the chance to take a pic of my dads katana, I will definetly post it up.

This one time, I was camping out with a couple of friends and we needed firewood so we got axe and assigned each other differrent tasks...nevertheless the guy who was cutting the wood placed his foot on the log to hold the wood down and fucking axe murdered his goddamn foot!

Haah, we didnt have any anti septics to dininfect the wound so we used cheap ouzu or arak to place on the wound.
30.04.2007 - 04:21
TombstoneHighway
Account deleted

I have 5 swords; one longsword, two shortswords, and two katanas. I would love to add a claymore (above) to my collection, but they're too expensive.
30.04.2007 - 09:25
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by APOHAKC on 30.04.2007 at 01:12

You are good man Dr.Rock, good man indeed

why? Whatd I do?

Anyways here are my swords:
My Celtic Shortsword, except the Hilt & Pommel are gold and the wooden handle part has a greenish tinge to it, and my sheeth (spelling?) isnt as nice.

Heres my viking sword (this exact one) I actually use when battling with some friends:
----
- George Carlin
30.04.2007 - 13:58
APOHAKC
The Bard

Not mine, mine is actually a pretty expensive piece of crap, especially since theres a stamp on symbol of the sword store I got it from on the blade.

Thanx for trying to calm me down, but I still think that it is beautiful sword, especially after I saw that pic
----
01.05.2007 - 00:49
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Ive just bought bayonete in perfect condition few days ago.... The collection grows...
----
02.05.2007 - 15:19
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i used to own a really cool wooden short sword(and it really reminds me of frodo's sword sting in lotr) which i bought from vlad tepes's castle fair about 8 years ago for a modest 1 euro lol, though i can't find it now grr

edit: lol i found it now, gonna post a pic soon
03.05.2007 - 12:39
Almighty Ent
Dragon Reborn
At one time I was on a tear buying daggers, swords and axes. I slowed down though when I realised I had no room for all of them. Once I buy a house though Im gonna display them all in one room. At the moment most of them are collecting dust.
03.05.2007 - 12:52
MadGatsu
Written by Almighty Ent on 03.05.2007 at 12:39

At one time I was on a tear buying daggers, swords and axes. I slowed down though when I realised I had no room for all of them. Once I buy a house though Im gonna display them all in one room. At the moment most of them are collecting dust.

like trophy room eh? ;P
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
03.05.2007 - 19:15
legend_destroyer
Account deleted
Alll I have at the moment is a katana, and a Bokken (wooden training sword used for kendo practicing) I plan on getting an entire medival armory in my house someday, but that can be saved for when I have a job.
04.05.2007 - 00:19
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
My family and I blacksmith weapons actually. It is one of the Viking traditions we try to keep alive. I own a knife that I home forged and have engraved runes in it. My three favored runes Tyr, Youl, and Segel. I own a Katana and that is actually my prefered blade. Funny right?
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
05.05.2007 - 05:17
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Sunioj on 30.04.2007 at 01:23

Written by Lucas on 30.04.2007 at 01:07

If I get the chance to take a pic of my dads katana, I will definetly post it up.

This one time, I was camping out with a couple of friends and we needed firewood so we got axe and assigned each other differrent tasks...nevertheless the guy who was cutting the wood placed his foot on the log to hold the wood down and fucking axe murdered his goddamn foot!

Haah, we didnt have any anti septics to dininfect the wound so we used cheap ouzu or arak to place on the wound.

Dear god thats brutal. and you said Ouzo? its only a matter of time till K7 is gonna be in here giving his 2 cents on the situation.

Anyways I was at the sword store today and I was fairly close to purchasing this sword/machete thing called the banshee blade, very light and unbelievably sharp. The sharp part is the part that kept me from buying it, Id probably end up doing something stupid like showing off spinning it around and lob off my own arm.
----
- George Carlin
05.05.2007 - 15:11
Piro
Written by Stalker on 27.04.2007 at 18:47

Cool thread. Well, Im more into knives

Ditto to that.
----
<Philosophy>Insert Intelligent Sounding yet meaningless Philosophical Quote Here</Philosophy>
05.05.2007 - 15:25
Sunioj
Written by Doc G. on 05.05.2007 at 05:17

Dear god thats brutal. and you said Ouzo? its only a matter of time till K7 is gonna be in here giving his 2 cents on the situation.

Anyways I was at the sword store today and I was fairly close to purchasing this sword/machete thing called the banshee blade, very light and unbelievably sharp. The sharp part is the part that kept me from buying it, Id probably end up doing something stupid like showing off spinning it around and lob off my own arm.

Yeah good thing he used to be a medic, and he was the one that actually suggested ouzo for being the disinfectant...haha I think it will be more to K7s liking if we used red wine instead!