Metal Storm logo
Swords, axes, etc.

Original post

Posted by Urizen367, 27.04.2007 - 15:48
i know a few of you are into swords and stuff (and if there aren't. you guys need to read the rules of power and black metal more closely). i was just wondering what your favorite kinds to wield are. and what kinds you have. i really like long swords, baton swords (think the Hellboy movie) and the sickle (obviously). the next sword i plan on getting is a replica of the sword in the PS2 game Shinobi, akijiku.
06.05.2007 - 06:34
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
The only thing I have to do with swords is Martial arts: Aikido
On saturdays I practise with swords, not real swords but an imitation from real ones, and that is really interesting
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
06.05.2007 - 12:21
-Valhalla-
in terms of cutlery i have a replica of the sword of Charlemagne, a plain broadsword, a replica of the sword from heavy metal 2000, 2 sais, a pair of brass knuckles (that used to have wolverine claws on them, but i snapped them off because they were stupid), a ton of shirukens, and a few butterfly knives, and i bought a scythe as of last week. so fuckin awesome.
Had to grow a few extra arms to show off my shit

and the beast.

Edit : sorry the pics are so big haha
----
A decapitated head could remain conscious for up to 30 seconds after being removed, offering the victim a truly unique perspective on the world for those last few moments.
06.05.2007 - 12:57
MadGatsu
@ -Valhalla- : damn dude. nice arsenal of weps lol the scythe and the claw are awsome nice pics
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
06.05.2007 - 14:12
FOOCK Nam
Really good pics.

I like short knife if you ask... though not often using it. So violent: nono:
07.05.2007 - 20:44
Sunioj
Does anyone here do Kendo? I used to but my sensei moved away
07.05.2007 - 21:50
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Sunioj on 07.05.2007 at 20:44

I was in kendo for some time, but I left it and now I am going to school of medieval sword art, or whatever is its name. I would like to go to school for wo handed swords but there is nothing similar in my home town
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
07.05.2007 - 22:14
Sunioj
Written by APOHAKC on 07.05.2007 at 21:50

Written by Sunioj on 07.05.2007 at 20:44

I was in kendo for some time, but I left it and now I am going to school of medieval sword art, or whatever is its name. I would like to go to school for wo handed swords but there is nothing similar in my home town

Thats awesome, do you get to spar with any protective gear and practice swords too? Or charging at each other on horseback?? Scuze me if my question is ridiculous!
08.05.2007 - 02:13
APOHAKC
The Bard
Well, this is maybe offtopic, but...
You have wooden shield, and practise sword, firstly it is wooden, and later from some metal, but is is not sharp. You have opponent which is at least three time stronger, skillfull and experienced than you. SO when he hits you, it hurts as hell. WE don't have chargings, or nothing similar But you gave me idea
----
08.05.2007 - 14:06
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by APOHAKC on 08.05.2007 at 02:13

You have wooden shield, and practise sword, firstly it is wooden, and later from some metal, but is is not sharp. You have opponent which is at least three time stronger, skillfull and experienced than you. SO when he hits you, it hurts as hell. WE don't have chargings, or nothing similar But you gave me idea
Where exactly is that school? What is it called?
----
08.05.2007 - 18:18
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Hey, is there anyone with expirience with bows, or crossbows?? I've tryed bow, and I can tell you even more interesting than hunting guns and rifles... But my biggest wish is good powerfull crossbow! I've never tryied one, but I'd like soo much... And decent quality crossbows are ussualy more expensive even than some hunting guns... I would try to build my own, but i dont have the materials..... Crossbow rules!
----
08.05.2007 - 19:46
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Stalker on 08.05.2007 at 14:06

Where exactly is that school? What is it called?

On SPC man, just ask for medieval seordsmanship, or ask for Dejan Mitrovic. Sometimes we have trainings on telep, and in the last time it is more often, I doubt we will move there. But it is still on SPC
----
09.05.2007 - 23:30
Sunioj
Written by Stalker on 08.05.2007 at 18:18

Hey, is there anyone with expirience with bows, or crossbows?? I've tryed bow, and I can tell you even more interesting than hunting guns and rifles... But my biggest wish is good powerfull crossbow! I've never tryied one, but I'd like soo much... And decent quality crossbows are ussualy more expensive even than some hunting guns... I would try to build my own, but i dont have the materials..... Crossbow rules!

I never tried crossbow, but I really want to though....I love bow and arrow though, I consider myself to be good...my dad bought a bow set when I was younger and I used to practice non stop, its like riding a bycycle, once you learn you cant forget...or at least thats how I make it out to be!
11.05.2007 - 01:51
APOHAKC
The Bard
I tryied once bow and arrow, it was on some school trip in Hungary. I missed target for a meter and almost killed the guy behind (I would, but my arrow was slow and it flyied like shit).. I don't need to say I gave up from that.. I tried to throww spear too, and it was even worst lol
----
11.05.2007 - 13:10
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by APOHAKC on 11.05.2007 at 01:51

I tryied once bow and arrow, it was on some school trip in Hungary. I missed target for a meter and almost killed the guy behind (I would, but my arrow was slow and it flyied like shit).. I don't need to say I gave up from that.. I tried to throww spear too, and it was even worst lol
It isnt so hard... when you're not under pressure.... And always your first goal is not to kill someone you dont want to kill, and than second to hit / kill the target.... If you keep that on mind, everything is ok... But accidents happen.... My father got bullet in his head in hunting.... Not nice at all.
----
17.02.2008 - 13:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast

lol charges that would be too damn dangerous.. i wish there were similar schools in Bucharest too(though i saw a flyer for a kendo school)

i recently wanted to buy a katana(blunt) to practice at home with and stuff, but i had to give it up since it was from a gift shop and would probably break immediately as it hit something harder than human flesh lol j/k

what would be the price barrier which would mean any sword below say 50 euros wouldn't be good for sparring?
17.02.2008 - 18:29
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Valentin B on 17.02.2008 at 13:52

what would be the price barrier which would mean any sword below say 50 euros wouldn't be good for sparring?

I wouldnt buy swords form any shops or anything, I recommend you to find some blacksmith if you can, and you say him exactly what you need, you wont have to worry and think "did I just buy some crap or what"
----
17.02.2008 - 19:14
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Stalker on 17.02.2008 at 18:29

I wouldnt buy swords form any shops or anything, I recommend you to find some blacksmith if you can, and you say him exactly what you need, you wont have to worry and think "did I just buy some crap or what"

lol a blacksmith... that's gonna be sooo easy to find
17.02.2008 - 19:51
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Valentin B on 17.02.2008 at 19:14

Written by Stalker on 17.02.2008 at 18:29

lol a blacksmith... that's gonna be sooo easy to find

Why?? Yaou say it like its a fairy tale creature?!
----
21.02.2008 - 13:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
got a katana sword for about 25 euros from a shop here which sold various gift stuff. it looks good and all, it's not at all efficient in combat but that's not what i bought it for obviously, it's what we call here "chinese shit" practicing like a madman at home with it should keep me entertained until graduation
25.03.2008 - 19:20
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Valentin B on 21.02.2008 at 13:16

got a katana sword for about 25 euros from a shop here which sold various gift stuff. it looks good and all, it's not at all efficient in combat but that's not what i bought it for obviously, it's what we call here "chinese shit" practicing like a madman at home with it should keep me entertained until graduation

Dude, check out

----
25.03.2008 - 19:22
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Stalker on 25.03.2008 at 19:20

Dude, check out

so that's your arsenal? you didn't introduce us
25.03.2008 - 19:27
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Valentin B on 25.03.2008 at 19:22

so that's your arsenal? you didn't introduce us

Well, I did.. earlier in the Balkans thread haha. Well those are just bayonets, I have more knives and.. not so cold weapons hahaha, but shot only pic of the bayonets since they are my fav.
Ok, the first one is Austro-Hungarian from WW1, the scabbard isnt his original, 2nd and 3rd slightly different versions from serbian rifle m48 (variant of mauser k98) and the fourth is standard AK-47 bayonet
----
25.03.2008 - 19:33
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Woooow Those bayonets were beautiful
and the "Beast" was a killer too..

Well... I really love weapons and stuff like that... but I don't have the money [because I like to buy cds instead]

But this is the only thing that I have xD
A trollish knive or something like that ^^

I'm sorry if the pics were too big...

I don't like this one that much.. but it was very cheap so what the hell:

Now I'm searching for an axe... There is one on the store that I bought the trollish knive... soo beautiful... But I need more money.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
25.03.2008 - 21:11
Knightrider
The Sorcerer
I have a longsword that I bought when I was in Italy.

Mr. Doctor: I saw the exactly same knife (upper picture) when I was i Barcelona and wanted to buy it, but instead i have bought Blind Guardian T-Shirt.
25.03.2008 - 22:30
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Knightrider on 25.03.2008 at 21:11

Mr. Doctor: I saw the exactly same knife (upper picture) when I was i Barcelona and wanted to buy it, but instead i have bought Blind Guardian T-Shirt.

I always have the same problem
I can't buy weapons because the cds are cheaper !!!
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
27.03.2008 - 05:04
Hār Wulfric
Hello I'm Semi New on HereI used to post alot awhile back.
Anyway Heres My personal collection.

Not Counting Small Knives:

3 Vikings Swords:
Amon Amarth Video Sword
Windlass Sticklestad
Classic Stainless Viking Sword.

2 Claymores:
one with Oak Handle and Brass hardware.
one with All pewter and Pictish Style engravings.

2 Samarai Swords:
One True Sword with Wood and brass handle Full tang with Wooden sheath.
One Ornimental Katana with Carved Resin Dragon Handle and Hidden throwing Knife.

one WW1 Bayonet (that An Ancestor Used As far as I know)
one Fantasy Skull Dagger with A gargoyle Stand.
A sword called the Sword of Darkness.
A full tang US calvary Sword.
One English Hand and a Half.
One English War hammer.
One viking Fransisca That I carved the Designs my Self on.
one Windlass steel Seax.
one Chinese Cain sword.
one of those Huge Swords That Bal Sagoth had in ther band Photo. it has a cool spider on the Pommel.
one Rapier.
one English ornimental Sword with latin Text.

thats about it for now. I will post Pics soon =)

Geat
14.10.2008 - 22:40
ghost
ok, this question may sound stupid, but everybody here talks only about owning swords. as far as i red, nobody talks about doing sword fighing sports - like fencing, or kendo. so is anyone?
----
metal always live in us
15.10.2008 - 06:06
Hrothdane
Written by ghost on 14.10.2008 at 22:40

ok, this question may sound stupid, but everybody here talks only about owning swords. as far as i red, nobody talks about doing sword fighing sports - like fencing, or kendo. so is anyone?

I've fenced saber for about 3-4 years

I haven't had the money to do it lately, however.

Personally, I would love to take some longsword classes though cause its much more my style! I'm more about power and technique, and less about speed.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
15.10.2008 - 20:22
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by ghost on 14.10.2008 at 22:40

swords(real ones, like you see in movies like 300 or Gladiator) are almost nothing like the stuff used for sabers and kendo. fencing= poking each other with a REALLY long needle, and kendo= blunt wooden staffs which vaguely resemble swords. now a REAL sword fighting course would be awesome, first with wooden stuff, then with blunt metal swords, you know, Kill Bill, samurai movies... that kinda shit.
16.10.2008 - 07:43
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I don't personally have any weapons but I have made armour in the SCA and fight every Monday with a full set of armour and rattan swords...