Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom - Update On New Album

If you're wondering what's the status on Children Of Bodom's new album, it's time for an update from the band. The Finns are currently working on their new album which according to bassist Henkka Seppälä, "should be mastered by the summer" of 2018.

Seppälä (a.k.a. Henkka Blacksmith) has confirmed to The Salt Lake Tribune that the band has commenced work on the material for the follow-up to 2015's I Worship Chaos album. He said: "We've been already writing the whole fall, actually. We have almost half the new album. So we'll go back and do some more new songs. And then, in the spring, we're gonna start laying the tracks. Regarding the direction, I don't know. It's always hard. For me, for some reason, I'm incapable of describing any direction that we go. There's always something new, and it's always somehow refreshing to me to do the new songs. I'm very, very excited. Very, very excited."

Henkka was also asked about recent comments made by ex-Children Of Bodom guitarist Roope Latvala, who claimed that he was "stabbed in the back" by his former bandmates. He was in the band for more than a decade before being dismissed from the group in May 2015.

The guitarist told Finland's YLE that he was "bitter" at his former bandmates because he was "fired without an explanation" and that he felt that "Children Of Bodom's success had gone to" frontman Alexi Laiho's head and that Alexi started to "look down on" him for reasons that weren't clear to him.

The Salt Lake Tribune asked for a response to Roope's statements and Henkka offered: "Well, it was pretty clear, the whole thing, when we made the announcement when we split up. There was really nothing unclear. I don't know where this now came from. It was really kind of, like, sad - a sad thing to see it. I'd rather not talk about it. There's nothing to comment about it, and I'd rather leave it like it is now."

Source: sltrib.com
Band profile: Children Of Bodom
Posted: 11.11.2017 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 162 users
11.11.2017 - 13:55
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Nah not wondering anymore!
11.11.2017 - 17:55
mikeprado30
In my case I'm waiting for it from now! I LOVE everyone of their albums.
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
11.11.2017 - 18:25
OpethFlames
I typically go to Follow The Reaper and Hatebreeder when I'm feeling some Children Of Bodom. However I Worship Chaos was pretty good. Looking forward to the new one.
23.11.2017 - 18:05
MMizfall
Halo of Blood was excellent they should keep it going

Hits total: 3246 | This month: 7