Metal Storm logo
Kalmah - Pekka Kokko Misses European Tour

As the Death Unleashed European Tour started on December 1st in Belgium (with Nothgard, Heretoir and Last In Grey), Kalmah's singer/guitarist Pekka Kokko faced medical issues and had to stay in Finland. Kalmah were quick to react and found two replacements by the name of Robse from German folk metal band Equilibrium and Pether Winterschmied from German melodic death metal act Burn Down Eden. As of yesterday, Pekka was still not present for the show in Berlin, and might not join at all since the tour ends today in Munich. An update from the band is expected soon.

Since Pekka also handles guitars for Kalmah, another artist joined the tour to help the band. Indeed, guitarist Kevin Storm from Dutch folk metal band Heidevolk was on stage for the German leg of the tour. Here is what Kevin Storm said about it on Instagram: "In two days I learned half the set to help these guys out since they were missing a second guitarist on the tour. Since I was on the bus already it made sense to jump in and pull the weight. Come support the tour, the band and these great people. And see me bluff my way through some pretty awesome riffs!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Kalmah
Posted: 10.12.2017 by Liafev

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 55 users
10.12.2017 - 16:21
Sentenced Odiin
gothic.moorion@gmail.com
His brother Antti Kokko was also absent, but they were great anyway, especially with Robse
----
Life has given me much, maybe taken more...
10.12.2017 - 17:16
Liafev
Written by Sentenced Odiin on 10.12.2017 at 16:21

His brother Antti Kokko was also absent, but they were great anyway, especially with Robse

Oh ok! I wasn't sure about that, I must admit that I didn't really know there faces. At the beginning of the show I felt like : "Wow this guy looks like Robse", and when he started singing I was a bit mind fucked ^^

The show was cool here in Berlin too anyway And it will give me a good reason to go see them next time too.
10.12.2017 - 20:42
Gothmog_Motsham
Antti is also in Finland working on the new album. Has been since last year cuz he wasn't neither in Turkey nor in Dubai. Hopefully Pikka will get well soon, too!
11.12.2017 - 05:32
MMizfall
Love this band
12.12.2017 - 13:41
Sentenced Odiin
gothic.moorion@gmail.com
Written by Gothmog_Motsham on 10.12.2017 at 20:42

Antti is also in Finland working on the new album. Has been since last year cuz he wasn't neither in Turkey nor in Dubai. Hopefully Pikka will get well soon, too!

Thanks for the info, wasnt aware of his reason of staying.
----
Life has given me much, maybe taken more...
25.12.2017 - 05:14
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Can't imagine seeing Kalmah without the Kokko's!

Hits total: 3230 | This month: 12