Metal Storm logo
Dream Theater - Join Sony Music Via InsideOut Music For New Album

With a career that has spanned in excess of 30 years, two-time Grammy-nominated US progressive metal band Dream Theater released their ambitious 2016 concept album, The Astonishing and the elaborately-produced tour that followed. Now Dream Theater announces that they have signed with Sony Music Entertainment worldwide, through Sony's leading progressive music label imprint Inside Out Music, for the release of the band's forthcoming 14th studio album. They join an impressive roster of bands, many of which wouldn't exist without Dream Theater blazing a trail before them, and inspiring young musicians since the early '90s.

The band comments: "We are all really excited about signing a brand-new record deal with InsideOut/Sony! We've known Thomas Waber for a very long time and it's great to finally get a chance to work together. Thomas' enthusiasm, energy, music industry expertise and positive outlook towards the future of DT's recording career has been incredible to witness, and we have no doubt that being part of the InsideOut/Sony family will be an amazing creative and professional experience for all of us!"

InsideOutMusic Label Head / A&R Thomas Waber adds: "This is what the term 'coming full circle' was invented for. We've followed the band closely ever since they started touring in Europe in 1993, and there has been a lot of history and friendship between DT and us for close to 25 years. Stepping up to the plate to join with them for this next important chapter in their career feels like the natural and right thing to do. I can't wait to get started!"

Since completing the fifteen-month touring cycle for The Astonishing, the proggers have been circling the world in celebration of the 25th anniversary of the band's much-loved and gold-selling record Images And Words.

Beginning in February 2017, the band has played in Europe, Japan, Australia, India, South East Asia, and the Middle East and just finished up their tour in North America.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Dream Theater
Posted: 11.12.2017 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 120 users
11.12.2017 - 17:05
MikeVonDoom
I hope this means a decent new album!
11.12.2017 - 19:27
IcePickLodger
The Astonishing has been released in 2016, not 2015
11.12.2017 - 20:22
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Wow, more stale and uninteresting prog music on the way. I don't know what kind of influence Mike Mangini is having. For a man of his calibre and skills he is being really characterless in his involvement with DT.
11.12.2017 - 20:25
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by IcePickLodger on 11.12.2017 at 19:27

The Astonishing has been released in 2016, not 2015

Corrected, thanks!

As for the news itself, I'm curious to see what they are doing next after a lackluster album. If they keep the mentality that they think fans don't want them to take risks anymore, that's not good.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
12.12.2017 - 08:47
Nicko's Nose
Written by 3rdWorld on 11.12.2017 at 20:22

Wow, more stale and uninteresting prog music on the way.

You can see the future? That's pretty cool.
13.12.2017 - 04:13
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Nicko's Nose on 12.12.2017 at 08:47

You can see the future? That's pretty cool.

You loved the last few albums? That's even cooler.
13.12.2017 - 04:34
mikeprado30
Well, for someone with an open mind (as myself) the last albums from them have been great and very enjoyable. If there's people whom don't like those efforts is just a matter of tastes.
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
15.12.2017 - 04:34
(o> . <o> )
Their last few albums weren't bad, they are still excellent musicians and the performance is top noch, writing decent. But yet, in the context of DT's career, even if decent, it's not memorable like their previous works, which are hard to top anyways.
17.12.2017 - 15:26
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I can tell why people prefer stuff like Images And Words or Metropolis Pt. 2 over recent albums, but I still love them too and looking for new one
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

Hits total: 3072 | This month: 10