Metal Storm logo
Kamelot - Unveil Title Of Upcoming Album, To Film DVD

Kamelot have released just a bit more about their new album. The symphonic metallers are set to release a brand new record in 2018 and now the band has unveiled the album's title: The Shadow Theory, coming this Spring on Napalm Records, with the album cover reveal happening next week. Recently, Kamelot also revealed that Jennifer Haben (Beyond The Black) will be a special guest on the new album.

According to them, the new album "features all the signature elements of Kamelot and also sees the band step out to add new and industrial elements along while combining amazing emotions that harken to the band's earlier days. Kamelot's epic music is chock full of symbolism relating to how the band feels about the world and the current state of civilization."

Following the release of The Shadow Theory, Kamelot will embark on a massive World Tour, starting in North America during April/May 2018 followed by European shows in Summer 2018. The band will return to Europe in September/October 2018 for their biggest headliner tour to date.

In other news, the band has signed an agreement for their next Blu-Ray/DVD. Filming will be done on the entire tour throughout North America, Europe, Japan and more. One of these shows to be filmed will happen in The Netherlands. They will be shooting the Tilburg show as part of the band's long awaited DVD.

European shows announced:

14.09.18 NED - Tilburg / 013
22.09.18 NOR - Oslo / Sentrum Scene

Source: kamelot.com
Band profile: Kamelot
Posted: 20.01.2018 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   [ 4 ignored ]   Visited by: 177 users
20.01.2018 - 14:15
BetterThanRaw
I wish they would record an album in the vein of Dominion, Siege Perilous and The Forth Legacy. Not gonna happen, I would really have appreciated such an initiative. Oh, well... I'm a first day buyer anyway
----
Kai Hansen über alles!
20.01.2018 - 16:15
Dargor
I'm curious about those "new industrial elements". I wasn't expecting that.
20.01.2018 - 17:30
Kamil
Account deleted
Written by Dargor on 20.01.2018 at 16:15

Sounds like something in style of last Empyrios album
20.01.2018 - 19:45
Polaria
Written by Irritable Ted on 20.01.2018 at 16:46

Think they need something different. They have been a bit stale with most stuff after The Black Halo. That was 13 years ago too.

Been listening to them only for the last two years, the trouble for me is not much staleness but much rather a noticeable taste of sickly sweet Gothic on the last couple of albums (and that's saying something coming from me!).

Based on the cover shown in the article I am under the impression they will keep that general direction. About the industrial stuff, they did try some of that on the last album and that wasn't 100% convincing.
----
Life is all the pain we endeavour.
20.01.2018 - 20:26
Really liked Haven, wasn't really into Silverthorne. Looking forward to this.
20.01.2018 - 20:52
FYA
Destroyer
Always open for everything that include 'industrial'.
20.01.2018 - 21:12
Opethian
Written by Irritable Ted on 20.01.2018 at 16:46

Think they need something different. They have been a bit stale with most stuff after The Black Halo. That was 13 years ago too.

AMEN. More like 'safe' mode after Black Halo. Anyone know what Roy is up to nowadays?
21.01.2018 - 00:32
Enissa
As one of my favorite bands ever, I'm gonna say: Seriously? Industrial?!! Hopefully, they will steer away from Silverthorn and Haven directions, 'cause that's getting kinda old... Although, I like the album title, sounds Epica-ish.
21.01.2018 - 21:46
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Written by Enissa on 21.01.2018 at 00:32

As one of my favorite bands ever, I'm gonna say: Seriously? Industrial?!! Hopefully, they will steer away from Silverthorn and Haven directions, 'cause that's getting kinda old... Although, I like the album title, sounds Epica-ish.

I actually think Industrial can work pretty well and they've ventured towards it a little before. I'm thinking an album in the vein of "Human Stain" would be really cool. The song didn't really fit well on Ghost Opera, but I loved it.
22.01.2018 - 01:28
Opethian
Written by WorpeX on 21.01.2018 at 21:46

I actually think Industrial can work pretty well and they've ventured towards it a little before. I'm thinking an album in the vein of "Human Stain" would be really cool. The song didn't really fit well on Ghost Opera, but I loved it.

Agreed and one of my favorites off of that album!
22.01.2018 - 03:41
Ruchesko
Jennifer Haben?! That kid makes Sharon den Adel sound like fuckin' Doro...

I hope Charlotte and Simone were just busy, 'cos if Haben's the best they can do for guest singers these days, their stock's dropped lower than I thought.
22.01.2018 - 08:05
KK Nytshade
Written by Ruchesko on 22.01.2018 at 03:41

I hope Charlotte and Simone were just busy, 'cos if Haben's the best they can do for guest singers these days, their stock's dropped lower than I thought.

Fine, why don't you call Annette Olzon then.
22.01.2018 - 09:11
SoUnDs LiKe PoP
Wasn't too much into Haven, I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
22.01.2018 - 13:44
Kais
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 22.01.2018 at 09:11

...I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst.

You and me both, brother.
22.01.2018 - 22:24
Enissa
Written by WorpeX on 21.01.2018 at 21:46

Well, when you put it that way, I agree. The Human Stain is hands down one of the best on Ghost Opera, but I meant the direction they took on Poetry for the Poisoned, which wasn't such a good idea
22.01.2018 - 22:26
Enissa
Written by Irritable Ted on 22.01.2018 at 12:53

Written by KK Nytshade on 22.01.2018 at 08:05

Please God no. Floor maybe, but not the bouncing munchkin.

23.01.2018 - 03:48
Ruchesko
Written by KK Nytshade on 22.01.2018 at 08:05

Good God man, no one's that desperate!

But seriously, Napalm Records have long had an excess of capable female singers on their books. Looking at Beyond The Black's sales figures, you can see why Haben might've been favoured over a stronger performer.

Then again, at least she's not Fabio-goddamn-Lione...

Hits total: 4014 | This month: 4