Metal Storm logo
Ever feel shunned for listening to metal?

Original post

Posted by kaiserphoenix, 30.01.2018 - 01:27
Does anyone ever feel judged for listening to metal? For example you are talking about music with someone and they give you the names of some bands they like and you say you like metal. Instantly they give you a weird look or seem taken back or maybe even say something like 'you don't look like you would listen to metal.'

Another big thing that happens to me constantly is when your somewhere with a group of people and everyone is taking turns picking a song via youtube or spotify and your turn comes up to pick something so you choose a metal song. Almost always everyone makes you turn it off before the song is over and will say something stupid about it or mock the song you picked.

I get that metal isn't for everyone and it's an acquired taste, but almost everywhere i go i have the same reaction from people so i wanted to ask: Does anyone ever feel the same way? and how do people treat you when they find out you listen to metal?
19.06.2018 - 10:59
EricAxel36
Written by Karlabos on 12.06.2018 at 01:35

Written by jhonperker on 12.06.2018 at 00:58

I try to avoid telling people I listen to metal because I don't want to talk about something with someone that knows nothing about it. I am a big fan of metal. Who are interested they can gather more information from Apple Support Australia they provide the information which will you need.

This bot post made so much sense I almost clicked the bait

It copied the first sentence of my post!
17.08.2018 - 00:35
MetallicA
Written by infernalius on 30.01.2018 at 13:03

Not with me.
Most of my friends, coleagues and people i hang out with are not metalheads ... excluding a couple of them ... so no, i don't feel it at all.

I don't know your age, but I think that kind of thing might happen more when you're younger and you're triyng to fit in some group or something ... I'm almost 40 now, and basicly each one listens to what they like and do what they like, and no one gives a fuck.

But yeah, everyone knows what i listen to, and accept it, and just doesnt give any fucks about it i guess.

There's a casual joke about it sometimes, but in a good and fun way... i do the same about who likes rap or dance "music" or whatever i'm not into...

For the most part this applies to me as well. When I first got to my current workplace some of them would give me crap but it was all in good fun too. Nobody really cares. The past couple years I have been keeping to myself a lot more though and there are a lot more new people here...they have no idea what I like to listen to haha

As for the original post, yeah I do experience that from time to time as well. Hell, even my husband gives me shit. He used to listen to metal when he was like 15 and then goes on to tell me "yeah I stopped listening to that back in high school" He's not mean about it but it is annoying cause I don't really care what he likes and I don't make fun of him for it so I wish he wouldn't do this to me!
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
09.09.2018 - 01:23
Abronsius
Whenever I say I used to listen to metal everyone ejaculates "oh" as if I'm some sort of outcast. Now I say it with confidence and don't give a fuck. There are more people that listento metal than you think,