Metal Storm logo
DevilDriver - Debut Country Covers Album's First Song

American metallers DevilDriver just shared the first song off of their country covers album, Outlaws 'Til The End, out on July 6th, 2018 via Napalm Records. For now, you can enjoy "Country Heroes" featuring Hank 3. Outlaws 'Til The End also includes guest appearances from Lamb Of God's Randy Blythe, Fear Factory's Burton C. Bell and John Carter Cash.

"This record would not have meant as much to me without having Hank3 on board," says vocalist Dez Fafara. "He is one of the most authentic and real outlaw country artists out there right now. I chose to record 'Country Heroes' because the lyrics are extremely well-written, and using the names of all the outlaws within the song really does the song justice. 'I'm drinking some George Jones and little bit a Coe...' etc., that is genius writing from Hank3 and should be recognized as such."

"I've heard this song as 'heavy' in my head for a very long time, so to re-track it and have Hank3 appear only to sing almost Ozzy-ish is just an over the top treat to the ears! Enjoy," adds Dez.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: DevilDriver
Posted: 27.04.2018 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 47 users
27.04.2018 - 20:01
MetalManic
27.04.2018 - 20:40
AndreMarcos
I wasn't expecting it to be better than the original, which is a great song, but this it just pretty bad. Just feels like someone screaming the lyrics over the most generic riff ever.

Hits total: 1776 | This month: 4