Metal Storm logo
Änglagård

10.05.2007 - 17:04
Twilight
IntepridTraveler
A very innovative band that was able to create such beautiful atmospheres.
I heard things about that they had a huge influence on the progrock scene of today.
They released two albums. One of the two is Epilog which I like the most.

It might be a little bit similar to Camel, but this music is way more technical and there's more variaty.

Anyone knows them?
21.08.2007 - 15:47
vusza
Änglagård is one of the best (swedish) progressive acts, with an innovative style indeed. Hybris is amazing, as well as Epilog.
----
No guts, no glory.
22.08.2007 - 22:15
ylside
Staff
Ah yes CrypticMyth (also from MS) made me discover this wonderful band..really they are AMAZING. There's that one song that won't go out of my head : Jördrock. I'm glad someone created a thread about them! Sorry I noticed it rather late.

Written by vusza on 21.08.2007 at 15:47

Änglagård is one of the best (swedish) progressive acts, with an innovative style indeed. Hybris is amazing, as well as Epilog.

Both albums are masterpieces indeed
22.08.2013 - 10:30
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
So no Anglagard enthusiasts on MS?

2012 saw the release of their comeback album after 18 years of silence, and it's amazing. I would like to encourage everyone to give a listen to their two albums from the 90's, Hybris and Epilogue, as well as the new album, Viljans Öga. They do both dreamy passages as well as total avantgarde madness, but, of course, within the real of prog rock, not metal. Their style overall is different from anything I have ever heard although it distantly reminds of early Crimson, Yes, maybe a little of Pink Floyd... But man, can they create riffs and melodies embodied into massive 10+ compositions (most stuff is instrumental, the new album completely).

Prog fans, if you don't know this band, this is the first thing you should be checking out. Cheers!

To get a taste:

----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
05.09.2013 - 23:27
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Just saw these guys live at Inorock Festival in Poland. Absolutely insane! Unbelievable they can perform this material live... I was awe-struck.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy