Metal Storm logo
Dimmu Borgir - Kicked Out Of UK Charts

Norwegian Symphonic Black Metallers Dimmu Borgir have been disqualified from the UK charts for their latest release "In Sorte Diaboli" two weeks ago.

Despite rave reviews, and charting highly in other countries around the globe, the band's album does not qualify for UK chart rating as the packaging breaks the rules set by the The Official UK Charts Company. Attempting to ensure that no release has an unfair advantage or promotional foot-up over any other album, the band's exciting 'mirror' packaging and competition offer inside have duped the metaller's chances to burst into the charts.

"This is not funny," says Yorck Eysel, the label manager for the band's Germany-based record company, Nuclear Blast. "I hope that nobody blames us, but rather blames the almost unbelievably strict rules in England."

Source: www2.kerrang.com
Band profile: Dimmu Borgir
Posted: 22.05.2007 by Account deleted

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 17   Visited by: 48 users
22.05.2007 - 13:27
__Az__
This is really quite stupid, because after all an album is for the music, Im sure you'll all agree... When I look into buying album, the fact that It might have a mirror or something wont make me want it anymore...
22.05.2007 - 15:04
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Bah, this thing really sucks...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
22.05.2007 - 19:20
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Stupid rules
23.05.2007 - 07:40
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Thats absolutely redundant.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.05.2007 - 18:24
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Why would they want to be in the UK charts anyway? I don't forbid them to get attention, but it would be weird to see a Metal band in there.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
27.05.2007 - 17:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Lucas on 26.05.2007 at 18:24

Why would they want to be in the UK charts anyway? I don't forbid them to get attention, but it would be weird to see a Metal band in there.

No it won't... Metallica made the UK charst as well with the Garage Days Rerevisited $5.98 e.p. And especially for the UK Charts it was released with only four songs instead of the five elsewehere, because with 5 songs it wouldn't have been a single but a full-length album according to British rules.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.05.2007 - 17:28
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.05.2007 at 17:16

Written by Lucas on 26.05.2007 at 18:24

No it won't... Metallica made the UK charst as well with the Garage Days Rerevisited $5.98 e.p. And especially for the UK Charts it was released with only four songs instead of the five elsewehere, because with 5 songs it wouldn't have been a single but a full-length album according to British rules.

So? A couple of exceptions..

Fact is that (I guess) only about 1% of the bands/cd's in the UK charts is metal. Is it then worth the trouble, as I suppose that means only 1% of the audience is metalhead?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
28.05.2007 - 06:55
Bitch Boy
I think Nervel's question is right, but that rules are really unfair...
28.05.2007 - 15:38
destroyah
supercharger
Elite
Too bad the chart discourages people from being creative with their albums. The next DB album should have a naked Shagrath on it as the rest of the pop bands do.

Also the next Marduk release should be titled "Fuck Me Producer"
----
About me:

"The best out of all the people ever" - Washington Post

"We abandoned Christ for Destroyah's love!" - The Watchtower

"Simply amazing!" - Rolling Stone
14.06.2007 - 21:36
Necropolis
Account deleted
Don't those pop princesses these days have a really unfair advantage with them avalability ov plastic surgery, how do you think those bitches from PCD sell so many records? It ain't the music.
14.06.2007 - 21:55
Baz Anderson
Staff
wow - I didn't know about this.. hahaha
the last thing that wasn't allowed in the charts was Iron Maiden's single for "No More Lies" because they were giving away Iron Maiden wristbands in them. hahahaha (I got one)
but they knew it wouldn't enter the charts because of that..
15.06.2007 - 05:30
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
Sounds about as repressive as the latest Akercocke disc being denied printing at the first printing press in the US do to its subject matter (or whatever exactly the reason was). Two thumbs up for artistic freedom.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
05.09.2007 - 18:05
Aebsi
I guess that the charts aren´t ready for the creative freedom the metal industry offers, and if there´s such a low % of metal on it anyway (see few messages above), who cares
----
Just be Yourself
22.10.2007 - 20:30
Olli
What the fuck is so exciting a mirror. I'm not exactly gonna go spend £10 on an album for a mirror or whatever it is am I..
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
26.10.2007 - 14:57
Syk
myspace/bonerama
As Luke said, completely and utterly redundant... I'm wondering though, did the same thing happen for Tool's 10k Days?
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
16.08.2010 - 06:25
Assassiyoun
Oh yes I understand now. The rate of metrosexuals and narcissists buying this album rose because they can see themselves when watching the "mirror" package.
----
"Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehen, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein." - Friedrich Nietzsche
16.08.2010 - 13:01
Promonex
Cathemeral
Elite
Who the fuck cares about the UK charts anyway?!
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26

Hits total: 2829 | This month: 6